I ordered a playbook for my wife on 12/18. They guaranteed delivery on Christmas eve so I bought it. None of the stores around me had one. I still haven't got a tracking number so I called them yesterday. Customer service couldn't figure anything out so I called corporate. This guy says that my playbook hasn't shipped because blackberry has to accept the order first. What is that supposed to mean? Didn't blackberry already the device to Best Buy?

This has been the worst experience with a retailer ever. Steer clear of Best Buy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8350i using Tapatalk
    12-24-11 09:12 AM
    That company seems to be in meltdown mode with customer service at the moment. Lots of news this week on holiday orders they are not going to fill in time.
    12-24-11 09:15 AM
    Office Depot had them in stock, locally in very small numbers. If a local OD has a unit in stock, they're on sale until Dec24. Then cancel your BB order.
    12-24-11 09:18 AM
    Best buy sucks, I try to avoid at all cost when shopping. I get my games at Gamestop and devices at P.C. Richard and sons. If you do decide to shop at best buy go on a day that you feel good and not aggravated or if you don't need answers to products. Best buy really sucks lol
    12-24-11 09:24 AM
    After all of the non-stop commercials of how Best Buy is better than Santa Claus, they just got their hat handed to them by that old, overweight ice dweller!

Santa 1, Best Buy 0
    12-24-11 09:57 AM
    My first Best Buy PlayBook perchase was not the best experience but during the last major discount run for the PB I went to Office Depot and they that day had just got 2 32gb in stock. They even locked one up for me until I could get there after work. A much better experience for me too.
    12-24-11 10:07 AM
    thats one of the reasons i purchased my playbook direct from blackberry. of course i ordered it the week it came out, not sure if you can still buy it from them or not.
    12-24-11 12:08 PM
    Try walmart or Amazon. Thats where i purchased mine from. Great service and shipping. Walmart delivered mine in two days, and Amazon in 5 days.
    Tules likes this.
    12-24-11 01:36 PM
    a ship to store order on Black Friday finally made it to the store this week. got a notification to pick it up. all good since it was backordered. Problem is i show up at BestBuy and they dont have my stuff! wtf bestbuy! not buying there unless i absolutely have to anymore.
    12-24-11 02:12 PM
    Well here's the deal, money has a been a little tight and I didn't think I'd be able to get her a tablet. I got a gift card to bestbuy at a work christmas party for $100 on the 17th. I ordered the playbook first thing in the morning on the 18th. Still no news though. Hopefully by new years it will make it. The bad part is, whatever "status" they said my order is in, they can't cancel it. And if they could, it would take a week to get the money back on my gift card.

I'm SOL either way.

Sorry to come on here and rant, but I'm just trying to spread the word. That was my final transaction with Best Buy.

12-24-11 03:57 PM
    Maybe you can persuade Best Buy, under those circumstances, to give you the display model along with whatever discount they give for display models?

A few days ago, Radio Shack had the 16GB Playbook model in stock.
    12-24-11 04:16 PM
    I notice lately with bestbuy there customer service is very terrible.
    12-24-11 04:27 PM
    I was in there (Best Buy) yesterday looking for accessories for my Playbook (which I got at Office Depot) and the guy told me they were out. When I asked about when they might have more in he told me they weren't because they were discontinuing the Playbook and wouldn't be receiving anymore. He was rather snotty about it so I didn't argue, went down to Staples and found what I was looking for. Whatever.
    12-24-11 06:03 PM
    to the OP, surprising none of the stores around you have the playbook, where are you located? my store has a huge supply (probably 300 or so) getting ready for boxing day.
    12-24-11 06:07 PM
    You waited until 2 days before Christmas to call?
    12-24-11 06:12 PM
    No I called prior to that, that was the first time somebody could actually tell me what happened.

Do you work there or something?

12-24-11 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD