Visited my local Best Buy store today. Scores of tablets on display and not one Playbook. I go over to the phone section where there are approxomately 75 phones on display (mostly Androids), and I count four Blackberries. One 9900 series BB on display. How can Blackberry sell Playbooks and Phones with retailers acting like this? Totally disgusting.
    I have nothing against people buying competing products, but at least represent Blackberry in your stores.
    Hgouck likes this.
    11-13-11 05:45 PM
    Went to downtown Toronto Best Buy, a guy wanted to look at one of the android. the salesperson told the guy it took him and the entire Best Buy people 2 weeks to learn how to go back to the main menu on that Android tablet. and then he mentioned about the ipad, on how easy to access the main menu. he didn't even bother to unlock the android tablet for that guy. as if he's getting a commission from selling ipads.
    11-13-11 05:52 PM
    We had a huge thread going on about poor representation of BlackBerry at retailers due to them not keeping up.
    Their online page for BlackBerry is really nice though! Discover BlackBerry devices
    It might be that any/all retailers will stop ordering any item that does not sell, in a certain amount of time.
    The Best Buy in my neck of the woods seems to do a pretty good job of having BB phones right up there with all the other brands. They do however like to push Ipads to the point of being obnoxious about it. Not sure if thats Best Buys fault or Rim's fault for not paying better attention to whats happening with their retailers.
    11-13-11 06:01 PM
    prior to buying my new pp i had walked into a best buy for some feedback. those guys tried everything in there power to tell me how bad the product is, it will have no support in the near future, they are droping the product so dont buy it they suggested.
    I bought it due in large from this site and we have all three here at home. \the wife has both ipads 1 and 2 and she set up my pp and she loves it. Other than the amount of apps its a gem.

paid for the playbook $400.00
    got the covers for $19.00
    new case for it $ 60.00
    the fact that best buy staff cant afford it ............... priceless.
    11-13-11 06:15 PM
    If the amount of complaints on this board is representative of consumer satisfaction with the playbook post-purchase, how can anyone find fault with stores steering prospective buyers to other devices?
    JBenn911 likes this.
    11-13-11 07:00 PM
    The retailer is in the game of making money. Also keeping customers.

Running a business and owning a PB... I wouldn't stock them.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    11-13-11 07:13 PM
    The retailer is in the game of making money. Also keeping customers.

Running a business and owning a PB... I wouldn't stock them.
    I gather from your post that you run a business and you do not find that the PB is good for business? I find this hard to believe. I have had ipads, android, and w7 tablets and the playbook is the only one I go for when I am heading out the door for my day...wait for it...running my business. The only thing that the PB does not do well is apps...I do not need apps as I do not play on my devices rather I work and the PB is the fast, most fluid and multi-tasking capable device I have used to date for business.

Now if I am at home on the couch I may pick up the ipad to steam movies to my apple TV but when I leave the house it is the PB all the way. RIM has done a very poor job training the retailers about their product and therefore they do not push the PB. Will it be the end of RIM...I do not think so but it may come close.

Just my 2 cents
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    11-13-11 07:34 PM
    I gather from your post that you run a business and you do not find that the PB is good for business? I find this hard to believe. I have had ipads, android, and w7 tablets and the playbook is the only one I go for when I am heading out the door for my day...wait for it...running my business. The only thing that the PB does not do well is apps...I do not need apps as I do not play on my devices rather I work and the PB is the fast, most fluid and multi-tasking capable device I have used to date for business.

Now if I am at home on the couch I may pick up the ipad to steam movies to my apple TV but when I leave the house it is the PB all the way. RIM has done a very poor job training the retailers about their product and therefore they do not push the PB. Will it be the end of RIM...I do not think so but it may come close.

Just my 2 cents
    What makes the playbook your choice for business over the other tablets? As someone that owns all, I respect your experience. What business are you conducting on it that makes it unique?
    11-13-11 07:46 PM
    Its the same here with me in upstate NY, Best Buy doesn't display BB phones or the Playbook. I've been getting my BB's online for the last four years. It's almost like a conspiracy. You can't sell 'em if you don't show/have 'em and you can't complain of not selling 'em if you don't show 'em. Idiots. The only i-anything I own is an ipod. To me, that's the thing they did best. Sigh. Hoping BB stays afloat.
    11-13-11 07:51 PM
    I own a BB playbook and phone.

As mentioned time and time again in these forums... the bridged email is so lacking it is incredible.

The lack of a file system (for attachments) makes RIM look like amateurs. It is such a basic fail that it is systematic of the OS pretty much as a whole.

Rich Text - fail

Spelling mentioned a million times before - fail

UI is so basic for a 'we have super awesome swipe gestures' that I refuse to use bridge mail as I am unable to batch delete or process mail.

You know what I'm so over listening to people defend how sweet the bridge is... it does nothing outlook didn't do 10 years ago, it slows me down and I mistakenly purchased a 'Professional Grade Lie'.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-13-11 07:52 PM
    Best Buy, like most businesses, is trying to make all the profits they can. If dog poo on a stick was selling like hotcakes they would push it. It's all about the bottom line. Some stores are better than others and try to match the product with the customer, but many others are just trying to sell what's hot because the quicker they sell them, the more profits they make. Hard to sell items are not going to get the attention they need.
    11-13-11 08:00 PM

As mentioned time and time again in these forums... the bridged email is so lacking it is incredible.

The lack of a file system (for attachments) makes RIM look like amateurs. It is such a basic fail that it is systematic of the OS pretty much as a whole.

Rich Text - fail

Spelling mentioned a million times before - fail

UI is so basic for a 'we have super awesome swipe gestures' that I refuse to use bridge mail as I am unable to batch delete or process mail.

You know what I'm so over listening to people defend how sweet the bridge is... it does nothing outlook didn't do 10 years ago, it slows me down and I mistakenly purchased a 'Professional Grade Lie'.
    Look again you can attach no problem and you can batch delete no problem also. Spelling is an issue but if you are careful you do not have to use spell check anyway. and the swipe gestures is what makes the PB so easy to use and good at getting things done. And as for it does nothing outlook did 10 years ago...what do you expect it sends and receives email with ease and precision I do not think that being compared to outlook is such a bad thing.

Fat Bastage - I run a medium sized business and I am away from the office most days. The 7 inch form factor and the ease of use wins out for me. I find that only having to check email once and have it adjust on my blackberry and and my PB (bridge) rather than having to delete mail on two devices is a huge plus. The speed and sensitivity of the device also help as I find some of the others may be lacking in this area. ( I have not tried any newer android devices so this could have changed and will certainly change with quad core coming out).

The main thing is the speed and the form factor...not to mention the HD quality cameras which I use in making quotes and taking video to show back at the office. I have replaced my laptop 100% with the PB. I do all of my quotes, in word or excel, and use bluebox to sync everything to my office and my blackberry.

Again to each their own but I think everyone should try out all devices first and then make a decision. Most complaints you will hear is due to people not buying what they need or buying something that they do not understand.
    Last edited by Tony2255; 11-13-11 at 08:17 PM.
    11-13-11 08:15 PM
    If the amount of complaints on this board is representative of consumer satisfaction with the playbook post-purchase, how can anyone find fault with stores steering prospective buyers to other devices?
    What a moron comment to make. Your comment is proof that you don't even own the device and have no clue what you're talking about. The PB is a great device with many great apps arriving daily.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    11-13-11 09:12 PM
    How do you batch delete email? I looked, maybe too quickly the other day, and went to my bb phone to delete a slew of emails. And I have to wade through dozens of documents or more than 1,000 photos to find the one I want to attach to an email. That is not very user friendly.
    11-13-11 09:14 PM
    Look again you can attach no problem and you can batch delete no problem also. Spelling is an issue but if you are careful you do not have to use spell check anyway. and the swipe gestures is what makes the PB so easy to use and good at getting things done. And as for it does nothing outlook did 10 years ago...what do you expect it sends and receives email with ease and precision I do not think that being compared to outlook is such a bad thing.
    Care to show me how to attach a file, one file that I happen to have filed away in a specific place, in a folder I know the name of... but have that ignored and have the file thrown in with hundreds of others.

You can't because a bunch of amateurs designed this device.
    11-13-11 09:20 PM
    What a moron comment to make. Your comment is proof that you don't even own the device and have no clue what you're talking about. The PB is a great device with many great apps arriving daily.
    Who is making the moron comment?

I agree with the comment. Steer well clear of the Playbook!

I own one and am qualified to express that opinion.

As for great apps arriving daily, using your logic... you clearly don't own one.

All i have seen daily for ages is a bunch of worthless eBooks (averaging 15 to 20 of the listed 25 new apps), the odd lame game and a failed overhyped overpriced IM client.

The app store is a disgrace to be perfectly frank.

Again, back on point... this is why as a retailer I would blacklist Playbooks.

My customers deserve honest complete products.
    11-13-11 09:31 PM
    When I sold my Playbook, I had to delete like a dozen apps because it was just too embarrassing to have them on there when showing the device. What are these great apps? Was there a revolution in Playbook App quality? All I can recall are e-books, cookbooks, offline map/gps, and cheap knockoffs of iPhone apps/games in the tradition of fake Gucci handbags being sold out of a car trunk. Please don't list games, the EA games showing up on the PB now have been on other platforms (including phones/MP3 players) for a year or more.
    11-13-11 09:43 PM
    correct.best buy shouldn't be allowed to offer them if they don't like them.
    11-13-11 09:45 PM

Bridged email works fantastically when viewing on my BlackBerry PlayBook and replying to those emails received on my BlackBerry Bold 9780.

The BlackBerry PlayBook has a file system as evidenced by applications such as Air Browser and Files and Folders. The fact the native applications choose to provide a unified view of every file rather than a hierarchical view is a problem created by the software engineers and computer programmers at Research In (Retrograde) Motion. It would not surprise me to learn the development team consists of twenty-something snot-nosed punks fresh out of University of Waterloo with no real-world experience apart from a couple of co-op placements writing code of a website.
    11-13-11 10:10 PM
    i've been in a few Best Buys and most of them don't have working playbooks let alone available wifi or competent CSRs. Who would want to work at a retail store anyway?
    As for the complaints lodged on this forum being representative of the quality of the playbook, few are rational, some are valid. i can't help but think of incompatence, ignorance, impatience or just plain spoiled rotten crybaby.
    As for email, i had issues until the .3312 update. Batch delete works fine for me. got 1000s of pictures too. take more every day. I have presentations on my PB I often show to my customers. I use my PlayBook every day. My first was a 16GB that I gave to my wife, which she uses daily. I bought a 64GB for $499 from Quill. I could not be more satisfied with my purchases.
    Last edited by snapperhead23; 11-13-11 at 10:28 PM. Reason: file attach
    jack57 likes this.
    11-13-11 10:23 PM
    Many of us still want to know how you batch delete in the Bridge Email.

Now i get it, the checkbox icon, Thanks!
    Last edited by jhanks64; 11-14-11 at 04:47 AM.
    11-14-11 04:44 AM
    i've been in a few Best Buys and most of them don't have working playbooks let alone available wifi or competent CSRs. Who would want to work at a retail store anyway?
    As for the complaints lodged on this forum being representative of the quality of the playbook, few are rational, some are valid. i can't help but think of incompatence, ignorance, impatience or just plain spoiled rotten crybaby.
    As for email, i had issues until the .3312 update. Batch delete works fine for me. got 1000s of pictures too. take more every day. I have presentations on my PB I often show to my customers. I use my PlayBook every day. My first was a 16GB that I gave to my wife, which she uses daily. I bought a 64GB for $499 from Quill. I could not be more satisfied with my purchases.
    I agree. Love my pb and 9780. Don't want any other phone or pad. If I have something I don't like, I sell it! Try it!
    11-14-11 06:09 AM
    Why is it best buy's fault? RIM should have regional representatives to manage retail stores in its area.
    11-14-11 06:12 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD