Any suggestions in a bluetooth mouse for the Playbook?

I bought one at Office Depot yesterday from Microsoft and after fiddling with it for three hours and working with Blackberry for another hour and a half the best advice was "try a different mouse".

I don't want to start a revolving door of bluetooth mice so I thought I'd see if anybody here has had any luck.
    04-24-11 03:46 PM
    I am using my Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Revolution keyboard and mouse combo to type this on my PlayBook. Pretty awesome I must say. The scroll wheel even works with the browser, but this appears to be the only place you can use the wheel. Within bridge apps it will not recognize mouse clicks for some reason but it will recognize keyboard strokes.
    04-24-11 04:19 PM
    I am using the Apple bluetooth mouse and keyboard.
    04-24-11 05:14 PM
    Wonder if the Apple Magic Trackpad will work!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 05:26 PM
    Anyone try using the Logitech v470 with the PB? It's the only decent BT mouse that I can find at a cheap price but I don't want to buy it and find out it works like the Microsoft 5000 (which doesn't work).
    05-13-11 12:29 PM
    Anyone try using the Logitech v470 with the PB? It's the only decent BT mouse that I can find at a cheap price but I don't want to buy it and find out it works like the Microsoft 5000 (which doesn't work).
    I had used Logitech V470 with Playbook. It worked well and the scroll wheel work too.
    Also managed to pair Apple wireless kb with PB. Both mouse and kb worked at same time.
    05-13-11 01:15 PM
    you looking for a standalone device or combo?

Amazon.com: Bluetooth HID Wireless Keyboard Mouse Control for PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone 4, PDAs: Electronics

we're using this one with good luck. the mouse is a thumb-stick like on game controllers, the touch scroll doesnt work and neither do the quick launch buttons/dedicated functions keys. but other than that its a solid performer
    manofice1 likes this.
    05-13-11 01:25 PM
    I am using the Apple bluetooth mouse and keyboard.
    Yeah, this is a sweet set up! I use the same KB & Mouse on my PB, iPad and Macbook Pro! Talk about multi-useful peripherals!!!
    05-13-11 02:07 PM
    This is going to be a really stupid question, but I'm curious: If you use a Bluetooth mouse on the PlayBook, does a mouse cursor appear on the screen? Or does the mouse simply scroll through all the icons on the screen (such as hitting the "Tab" button on a keyboard to go through icons). Thanks
    05-13-11 02:15 PM
    no a cursor actually appears on screen! pretty cool imo

also, you can right click and flick the mouse to simulate bezel gestures
    05-13-11 03:19 PM
    the logitech v470 works beautifully... the scroll wheel works as expected. The arrow cursor is quite easy to find on the PB screen and allows for accurate selection without having to zoom in on a webpage.

the apple bluetooth keyboard works really well too.
    06-03-11 01:49 PM
    How did you get the Mac Keyboard to work.. I have an older Mac Mini that has a Bluetooth Keyboard but I can get it to work with the PB.. The PB finds it and goes through the motions "Waiting for Keyboard" but I keep getting Pairing failure.
    06-03-11 07:09 PM
    I just went through the usual bluetooth pairing process - at one point, the PB displays a message to type in a 6 digit code on the keyboard - as soon as I punched in those #'s and pressed enter, the apple keyboard was connected to the PB. No problems, except you have to remember that you have to use the keyboard to enter text... the virtual keyboard won't appear as long as the bluetooth keyboard is connected. Need to remember that when you walk into another room leaving the keyboard behind. Not an issue, I just disconnect the keyboard using the bluetooth settings screen, then reconnect it later when I want to use it again. Love it.
    06-03-11 08:59 PM
    I have the Logitech V470 and like it alot. Seems to be working fine with cursor on screen, etc. However, something came up that I did not think about. I'm left-handed. When I went to look for some type of utility to switch the mouse buttons, I could not find anything. It would appear that I am out of luck since the PB will accommodate the mouse, but the OS does not seem to be designed for any mouse settings. Anyone else had any luck finding mouse settings?
    08-02-11 08:50 PM
    This is going to be a really stupid question, but I'm curious: If you use a Bluetooth mouse on the PlayBook, does a mouse cursor appear on the screen? Or does the mouse simply scroll through all the icons on the screen (such as hitting the "Tab" button on a keyboard to go through icons). Thanks
    I have seen pics of a windows like cursor so I assume it does - I don't know if it happens automatically or if it has to be set up for that. I have a stupider question that I cant seem to get an answer for unless I missed it - does it automatically disable the stupid virtual keyboard from popping up when you pair a bluetooth keyboard?
    08-03-11 12:56 AM
    the virtual keyboard won't appear as long as the bluetooth keyboard is connected.
    Oh thanks - I missed that - what a relief to be rid of that thing!
    08-03-11 12:57 AM
    I bought a Targus Optical Bluetooth mouse but when I'm pairing it, it asks me for a passkey. I read the mouse's manual searching for a passkey but it doesn't has; I even email Targus asking for help but no help
    Last edited by kevin.mcca; 08-03-11 at 01:19 AM.
    08-03-11 01:04 AM
    I bought a Targus Optical Bluetooth mouse but when I'm pairing it, it asks me for a passkey. I read the mouse's manual searching for a passkey but it doesn't has; I even email Targus asking for help but no help
    If it's stated that it doesn't need a passkey, then it means there is no Passkey.
    When connecting to a PC, u can always choose 'Don't use Passkey' but it doesn't seems the case with the PlayBook.
    I suggest u try 0000 or 1234 for it.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...rnalId=KB26514
    08-03-11 02:44 AM
    I have seen pics of a windows like cursor so I assume it does - I don't know if it happens automatically or if it has to be set up for that. I have a stupider question that I cant seem to get an answer for unless I missed it - does it automatically disable the stupid virtual keyboard from popping up when you pair a bluetooth keyboard?
    Check post #13 above.
    08-03-11 05:44 AM
    I've already tried those codes but nothing it always says failed
    08-04-11 01:30 AM
    I am using a Kensington model 72771 Si670m Bluetooth Wireless Notebook Mouse that I have had for 3 years. It works like a charm, paired easily, and has excellent battery life. The only problem is the battery door latch is really sensitive, but nothing a piece of tape can't fix.
    08-04-11 07:49 AM
    I've already tried those codes but nothing it always says failed
    The user manual for that mouse available from Targus' website says that the mouse does not use a PIN code, so I would definitely try leaving that field blank. If that does not work, we may have to put the Targus Mouse beside the Microsoft 5000 on the list of "does not play nice with Playbook".
    08-04-11 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD