I've been thinking about adding a bluetooth keyboard to use with my Playbook, just wondering what recomendations people had?

I've seen the Cygnett Bluetooth keyboard and wondered if it was a decent buy.
    10-25-11 05:00 PM
    Anyone? Really looking to pick one up
    10-26-11 03:39 PM
    Bluetooth keyboard support sucks on the Playbook. I got myself an HP Touchpad wireless keyboard for 35$, it works, keys and size are great... but the Playbook support for HID is just plain basic.

You can't change the keyboard layer. Let's say you buy an azerty keyboard, it will type in using a qwerty setting. I speak french and can't get any settings working, I usually use a canadian multilingual qwerty so I can type characters such as � or �, so it is currently waiting for future Playbook OS update, if the product still gets support next year... You might wait for an hypothetic RIM keyboard and case, you might have better support then. If this doesn't seems like problem to you and can manage the basic settings, the HP Touchpad wireless keyboard is a good and cheap keyboard since the discontinuation of the Touchpad. Keys are big enough, right shift goes all way to the right (I don't like when the top arrow cuts it in half), connection is fast and reliable, nice design. Only downside, Touchpad specific keys don't work (which is normal), but at 35$, it's a great deal.
    10-26-11 04:09 PM
    Bluetooth keyboard support sucks on the Playbook. I got myself an HP Touchpad wireless keyboard for 35$, it works, keys and size are great... but the Playbook support for HID is just plain basic.

You can't change the keyboard layer. Let's say you buy an azerty keyboard, it will type in using a qwerty setting. I speak french and can't get any settings working, I usually use a canadian multilingual qwerty so I can type characters such as � or �, so it is currently waiting for future Playbook OS update, if the product still gets support next year... You might wait for an hypothetic RIM keyboard and case, you might have better support then. If this doesn't seems like problem to you and can manage the basic settings, the HP Touchpad wireless keyboard is a good and cheap keyboard since the discontinuation of the Touchpad. Keys are big enough, right shift goes all way to the right (I don't like when the top arrow cuts it in half), connection is fast and reliable, nice design. Only downside, Touchpad specific keys don't work (which is normal), but at 35$, it's a great deal.
    Thanks for the reply! I never thought to take a look for an HP Touchpad Keyboard, looks like a good option around �30 new in the UK, which is much better than the �65 for the Motorola Xoom one!!!

I'm not really sure where I want a larger keyboard or just something small I can stick in my laptop bag when I'm travelling.
    10-26-11 04:25 PM
    i have both the Touchpad and Apple keyboards. They both work well with the PlayBook.
    10-26-11 04:54 PM
    Thanks guys I think I might be better off and cheaper picking up two different keyboards than one for all.
    1. HP Touchpad Keyboard mainly for in the house but also small enough to stick in my laptop bag

2. One of the cheapy �10 no brand thumb boards for when i just want to tap a few words

I had looked at the Freedom Pro keyboards but at around �60 its quite dear for what seems to amount to a folding qwerty........
    10-26-11 05:27 PM
    There's a vendor on Amazon by the name of "eWonder" marketing generic silicone keyboards with a convertible case for $40. While I have to agree with the previous poster that the keyboard interface support by the playbook is really bad, my experiences with the eWonder case/keyboard combo have been great. It may be small for some, and the compact key layout may be difficult to learn, but it sure is great to have a standard qwerty keyboard that can be used for editing documents, enter complex passwords and fields on webpages, and, most importantly, compose email over my bridge!

While I cant say that the case is for everyone, if youre looking for something easy to use and set up for taking notes in meetings or writing quick responses to emails, I would reccomend this product!

Amazon.com: eWonder(TM) Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet (Black): Electronics
    10-26-11 05:38 PM
    I believe RIM themselves have a combo case and keyboard combo coming out.

I know hipstreet has one out already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD