Now, I'm Jewish, but my husband is not. Every year we travel to a two day big family extravaganza, but this year, I caught a bug, so I am home home in bed with my PB. Believe you me, my fellow CrackBerryheads, I am enjoying the peace and quiet and just a little down time for a few days with TiVo and my PB and my cat, Bacon. This may be the best Christmas ever. I think I'll play some "Angry Birds." Good Lord, it turns out I actually like this silly game. Or maybe some Need For Speed; does anyone else play it to intentionally collide with everything possible?
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-24-11 04:31 PM
    I have it even better--don't officially celebrate Christmas and no family pressure to celebrate it, but plenty of opportunities with relatives and friends to soak up the Christmas ambience. I like the music and lights

I played through Angry Birds on my first tablet and still turn to it at idle times. It really was a marketing mistake for RIM to roll out the Playbook without Angry Birds. It may be silly--most games are--but it is cute, easy to learn, addictive, and no doubt sells tablets. I'll have to download the Need for Speed game. If it involves collisions, various kids will love it.

Merry Christmas to All!
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-24-11 05:13 PM
    I have it even better--don't officially celebrate Christmas and no family pressure to celebrate it, but plenty of opportunities with relatives and friends to soak up the Christmas ambience. I like the music and lights

I played through Angry Birds on my first tablet and still turn to it at idle times. It really was a marketing mistake for RIM to roll out the Playbook without Angry Birds. It may be silly--most games are--but it is cute, easy to learn, addictive, and no doubt sells tablets. I'll have to download the Need for Speed game. If it involves collisions, various kids will love it.

Merry Christmas to All!
    Need for Speed comes installed in your PB. You are supposed to avoid hitting other things (e.g. street lamps, oncoming traffic); you lose points if you do. But, I don't care about no feelthy points! When I actually was a kid, we didn't have these games. We were too involved in fighting the Civil War.
    12-24-11 05:25 PM
    Happy holiday to you. Enjoy the peace and quiet.
    barskin likes this.
    12-24-11 06:15 PM
    Now, I'm Jewish, but my husband is not. Every year we travel to a two day big family extravaganza, but this year, I caught a bug, so I am home home in bed with my PB. Believe you me, my fellow CrackBerryheads, I am enjoying the peace and quiet and just a little down time for a few days with TiVo and my PB and my cat, Bacon. This may be the best Christmas ever. I think I'll play some "Angry Birds." Good Lord, it turns out I actually like this silly game. Or maybe some Need For Speed; does anyone else play it to intentionally collide with everything possible?
    You seem to be saying you want a divorce. If your husband reads your posting hopefully he will give you a divorce and leave you in the snowbank at the end of the driveway. Your closing comment could only come from a narcissistic person. Joyeux Noel.
    12-24-11 07:25 PM
    Merry xmas to you too!

Hope you will recover soon and feeling well.

Need for speed. Free and nice.
    12-24-11 07:38 PM
    You seem to be saying you want a divorce. If your husband reads your posting hopefully he will give you a divorce and leave you in the snowbank at the end of the driveway. Your closing comment could only come from a narcissistic person. Joyeux Noel.
    Good Lord, I said I was home in bed, sick, and enjoying the rest. And suddenly, I'm the Wicked Witch of the West. If you ever seen my postings, you'd know I tend to make light of things. I didn't think I could make somebody so angry when I wasn't debating the relative merits of the QNX and the Android platforms. ??????
    12-24-11 07:54 PM
    I too am home by myself and enjoying the quiet time.
    Have a wonderfull and joyous holiday and a Very Merry Christmas to you all.
    barskin likes this.
    12-24-11 07:58 PM
    Berry Christmas barskin, and I hope you feel better before the New Year rolls in. Thanks for your postings this the year, you kept a smile on my face
    Last edited by spencerdl; 12-24-11 at 08:05 PM.
    jafobabe and barskin like this.
    12-24-11 08:03 PM
    Thus far, I've been able to resist the call of the Angry Birds. As for NFS, you know that there are certain stages where the object is to actually hit the other car(s) to get them out of the race. So yes, from one narcissist (?) to another, Happy Hanukkah (sp?) and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    12-24-11 08:05 PM
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    12-24-11 08:45 PM
    Berry Christmas barskin, and I hope you feel better before the New Year rolls in. Thanks for your postings this the year, you kept a smile on my face

^^^^^^^ He beat me to it!

Hope you have a speedy recovery and get to enjoy your Holiday. We'll be here to keep you company, and hope we can keep the smile on your face too! Don't forget the Chicken Soup, and Chicken Soup for the Soul (good reading).

Happy Holidays my dear ..
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-24-11 at 09:12 PM.
    barskin likes this.
    12-24-11 08:49 PM
    Happy holidays to you and everyone here.

Feel better Barskin.
    12-24-11 08:55 PM
    Xmas and Happy Holidays CB community!

Getting a lot closer to that special post xmas gift for February ....Rim don't be a scrooge
    12-24-11 09:04 PM
    ^^^^^^^ He beat me to it!

Hope you have a speedy recovery and get to enjoy your Holiday. We'll be here to keep you company, and hope we can keep the smile on your face too! Don't forget the Chicken Soup, and Chicken Soup for the Soul (good reading).

Happy Holidays my dear ..
    Right back atcha, babe!
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-24-11 10:58 PM
    Sitting here in the waiting room for the OR in hospital waiting to see if my 91 year old mom in law is going to make it out of hip surgery. A humbling experience, since I've never had a Christmas spent like this - makes one focus on what counts. I was able, however, to buy a 16gb PB for my wife - directly from this PB tethered to my Torch right here in the hospital - from the Best Buy sales online for 199.99 with free shipping!
    Merry Christmas all!
    12-24-11 11:18 PM
    Sitting here in the waiting room for the OR in hospital waiting to see if my 91 year old mom in law is going to make it out of hip surgery. A humbling experience, since I've never had a Christmas spent like this - makes one focus on what counts. I was able, however, to buy a 16gb PB for my wife - directly from this PB tethered to my Torch right here in the hospital - from the Best Buy sales online for 199.99 with free shipping!
    Merry Christmas all!
    My thoughts and Prayers go out to you and your family.

We are all here for you in your time of need.
    12-24-11 11:50 PM
    My thoughts and Prayers go out to you and your family.

We are all here for you in your time of need.
    Thank you! It is now midnight....Merry Christmas!
    12-25-11 12:07 AM
    Merry Chrsitmas Everyone!!

Don't trip over the Christmas Tree trying to grab those PB presents...
    12-25-11 12:13 AM
    Get well soon, but not too soon, you need the excuse lounge around with the PB lol. Merry Christmas to you and the Crackberry bunch!!!!
    12-25-11 02:05 AM
    Yeah I wish Christmas was a little more slow paced. Seems like a mad rush to get ready, a mad rush to get everywhere with families, then right back to work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-25-11 02:11 AM
    Merry Christmas all!
    Oh, dear! My beloved MIL had hip surgery a little over a year ago, when she 90, and I know what a perilous thing such an operation is on a person of that age. She, thank God, made it through okay, and I just spoke to her again, as I stayed home in bed. I will be thinking of you and hoping for the best outcome.
    12-25-11 12:11 PM
    Oh, dear! My beloved MIL had hip surgery a little over a year ago, when she 90, and I know what a perilous thing such an operation is on a person of that age. She, thank God, made it through okay, and I just spoke to her again, as I stayed home in bed. I will be thinking of you and hoping for the best outcome.
    Thank you! She made it through ok, except they forgot to tell us and we were there half the night in the waiting room while she had already been taken to her room!
    12-25-11 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD