My father currently uses a BB Torch for his work but is switching that to an HTC Desire so he can use the Torch for his personal use and wants to pair it up with a Playbook, what I want to know is what do you get through the BB bridge over using it just over wifi?
    06-12-11 12:19 PM
    (1) BB Email blown up to a big screen
    (2) Much easier (but not yet perfect) viewing and editing of attachments
    (3) Tethering when Wifi unavailable
    06-12-11 12:55 PM
    Are you kidding? You get 3G browsing through the bridge where wifi is not available and no tethering charges.. its a freebee - you just pay for the phone 3G like you always have!
    06-12-11 01:17 PM
    Plus integration with your phone and all of its native apps, calendar, memopad, email, - it tells you on the playbook if you have a incoming call etc..especially nice during meetings when your phone is on your pocket with the ringer turned off. I am hoping that we will be able to thumbtype into the playbook from our phones soon and use the left out trackball on the phone for fine cursor placement and link navigation without zooming into the links to make them big enough to touch accurately. This alone will be a huge advantage over any other pads - the real physical keyboard that is a big reason people stick with blackberries..touch typing sucks, because you have to look instead of feel.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-12-11 at 01:23 PM.
    06-12-11 01:18 PM
    1. Your messages, contacts and calendar all viewable on your playbook, but not stored there. So, if your wife has a BB, for example, you can each see your own data.

2. BBM, email etc. from your 55" LED TV with an HDMI out cable

3. Internet connection available anywhere there is no WIFI - for FREE
    06-12-11 01:21 PM
    Free 3G browsing using your phone as a modem, as others have said. And with the latest patches, the bridge browsing is a very good experience. Plus I feel RIM will extend the bridging concept along the way. I think some apps will be on both the PB and the phone and share common data back and forth. You already see this with the Poynt app and that's just a first stab at it. Example, you can look up a business in Poynt and then have the tablet send it's phone number/maps/directions over to your phone.
    06-12-11 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD