Hey everyone.

A friend of mine has BellTV on their BlackBerry. They're able to watch the Euro Cup games on their phone. They also have a PlayBook and it would be a million times better on the bigger screen. And, I have a projector with an HDMI port so if I can get it to play on their PlayBook, i can hook it up to my projector.

I went to Bell the rep's exact words were: "BlackBerry doesn't build their tablets to do that. The only way I can watch soccer is through WiFi."

Is there a way I can 1) hook up my phone to my projector, or 2) play BellTV on the PlayBook so i can watch Euro Cup through my projector?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 03:07 PM
    If they stream video from their website, you should be able to do it on your PB. As the "rep" said, you'd need a WiFi connection to do it. Looks like the Bell TV app does not support PB.

Unless you have some kind of video out port on your phone I don't know about (my 9800 does not, my Droid 4 does), you will not be able to hook up your phone directly.

Or find another site that streams it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...b-live-728930/
    Last edited by saudadeii; 06-08-12 at 03:24 PM.
    06-08-12 03:21 PM
    Would BlackBerry Presenter work??

Sucks that Bell didn't make an app for Bell TV.
    06-08-12 04:46 PM
    use the app splastop to stream video from their website to your playbook
    06-08-12 04:54 PM
    use the app splastop to stream video from their website to your playbook
    Awesome idea!!!
    06-08-12 05:51 PM
    Tsn has live games as well but only offered for ipad and android. Very surprising that the PB isn't supported since its a canadian network and RIM a canadian company.

Sent from the absolute coolest BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 06:07 PM
    Right, but unless its silverlight you can stream through the browser.

MLS live has an 'app' for ipad because it is flash based video. I have a subscription to MLS live and I stream it straight through the playbook browser onto our big screen.

I might be talking to soon on the TSN video format, buuut I just paid the 19.99 for the TSN Euro Cup stream so I will let you know when I watch the next match tomorrow morning.

I am optimistic.

edit: I am watching the highlights from today's matches on my PB right now.
    Last edited by dusdal; 06-08-12 at 08:32 PM.
    06-08-12 07:34 PM
    Tsn has live games as well but only offered for ipad and android. Very surprising that the PB isn't supported since its a canadian network and RIM a canadian company.

Sent from the absolute coolest BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Maybe its similar to how they don't list Windows 7 or OSx either?

Airtime says that it doesn't support mobile devices at all, but we can login with the Playbook and use it as a desktop browser would.
    06-08-12 07:40 PM
    I usually use ATDHE | ATDHE.net | Free Sports TV to watch soccer games. You have wait like 30 secs for the ads and some links work some not.
    06-09-12 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD