Ton of quesitons in this blogs are not been solved, As consumers, are asking too much?
    or we are just expecting too much from this tablet?
    RIMM, are you guys listening to our problems. if you do
    01-13-12 01:54 AM
    The playbook does everything I wanted, and it does it pretty well eh.
    I'm a happy playbook usuer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CDM76 and bbfan1040 like this.
    01-13-12 01:59 AM
    I agree. I bought the PlayBook knowing what it can / can not do. I like what I have. Having said that, I AM excited to see what OS2.0 brings as am hoping it rectifies some of my pet peeves with the PB.
    bbfan1040, blue-b and menaknow like this.
    01-13-12 02:01 AM
    I bought the PB because of what the naysayers said it DIDN'T have, like native e-mail, game apps, 'rrhoid, etc. The fact that the official OS 2.0 will address these "shortcomings" is fine by me, but not having them was never a factor when I decided to purchase.
    bbfan1040, kbz1960 and CDM76 like this.
    01-13-12 04:45 AM
    i also bought the pb knowing full well what it can and cant do, especially since i frequent crackberry. despite the persistent negative comments from haters, i have never regretted it and in fact very happy with my pb. it does what i use it for quite well and absolutely looove the portability of it. i take it with me everywhere and always have it bridged with my bb at all times.
    alnamvet68 and bbfan1040 like this.
    01-13-12 04:55 AM
    I came into this from a different direction.
    I own an Ipod touch and was thinking of getting an Ipad, though I had concerns about some of it's limits, so an android tablet was also in the mix. Then I got my 16GB PB as an xmas gift and I find that it is the perfect fit. It has everything I needed in a tablet.
    Am I too loyal? LOL. No. I have been accused of being an Apple fan boy for liking my Mac in the past, and the ipod currently. But the moment I see a better tool I drop the old hot potato and cool the fingers on a new toy. If it's better, it's better and I move on.
    Are some people expecting too much? Oh FARK yes! I will date myself with this, but I come from an era when a real computer filled a room and "desktops" had a whopping 8 KILOBYTES of ram.
    So I have to really struggle to find something to dislike about this little techno miracle in my hands.
    01-13-12 05:19 AM
    I researched, understood what the Playbooks shortcomings were and what RIM was doing to rectify them, looked at the its strengths, then purchased the Playbook based on its potential, knowing that I would have to wait patiently for it to realise this potential.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-13-12 07:29 AM
    I like my pb but as I've written, probably too often, it has its flaws that many expected to have been rectified before next month. I am looking forward to fixes as well as the new features that RIM had demonstrated. My main gripes have been in text entry/editing, lack of search features in apps, bookmarks in the browser, a2dp. Generally features my bb phone has had.
    01-13-12 09:13 AM
    The way I look at this is that at $299 for the 64GB version I own--it doesn't *have* to be as good as an iPad or a high end Android tablet. In fact it exceeds my expectations at this price.

However, at the original full price of $699 I think its fair for consumers to demand a full featured tablet that is competitive to other high end tablets in every way. The PB wasn't originally, thankfully Blackberry realized that, and rightfully lowered the price to make it a good value.
    FF22 and spike12 like this.
    01-13-12 09:29 AM
    I love my PlayBook the way it is and am very happy and excited for the upcoming features. I think you should have done some research prior to buying if it didn't meet your expectations.
    01-13-12 09:33 AM
    I bought mine on accident. I thought it was a coaster. Turns out, it does all these cool things like surf the web, games, movies, video camera, and I can even be productive on it at work. I tried to get my other coasters to do the same thing, but they didn't; they just sat there. ha!

In reality, it is highly annoying when people buy something and then post on a forum things like, "it didn't do this, doesn't do that." These folks don't realize that a simple search on the interwebs can produce information about all the Playbook's shortcomings. Wow.. who woulda thunk? Upon first release, only those with hardware issues (and there were a lot) had the right to b1tch about it. But now, if you buy it and complain about either software or hardware, you're just showing how dumb you are (or ridiculously rich) for not lifting a finger to find out about it beforehand.

I knew it was a work in progress. I signed up for the PB beta program when I put my credit card down. Luckily for me, this is just one of those risks that paid off, and then some (with 2.0).
    CDM76 and blue-b like this.
    01-13-12 09:52 AM
    I am being cheap...but I felt that the playbook had whatever things covered even before the OS2 update. I can use it for video recording until I buy a DSLR or a similar level camera.

Indeed I could have bought an android tablet, but I already have an Archos g9 80 (you can see how I'm cheap now) I got for $249 a while back.

I can't wait for the first week of February. OS2 comes out and ICS Android 4.0 is suppose to come out for the Archos G9 series the first week also.
    01-13-12 09:54 AM
    Are some people expecting too much? Oh FARK yes!
    Totally agree. I've mentioned this a few times before on this site, but I don't think that 75% of the crackberry population (95% of the general public) truly understands what RIM is doing right now behind the scenes. It's like building a house. Admiring it. Have swarms of folks wanting to buy it. Then .. well.. not so much. A better house is built next door. So then you decide to remodel yours from the inside out. This task requires moving several load-bearing structures to different locations, creating new structures altogether, a whole new floorplan, and on top of that, you need to do it fast and make it pretty for all the needy people out there.

Indeed, the expectations are pretty lofty and unrealistic right now. And for them to completely change EVERYTHING about their products and have a good grasp of what they're doing in less than a year after release, I'd call that a success story, regardless of the outcome.

I will date myself with this, but I come from an era when a real computer filled a room and "desktops" had a whopping 8 KILOBYTES of ram.
    Indeed, you dated yourself. Enjoying retirement?
    01-13-12 10:10 AM
    I got mine as a Christmas from my wife (LUV HER!) Did't want to open it because I knew I would like it...was planning to return get something else. After posting here the concensus advice was to take it for a test drive then decide.

I did like it but once I got down to really taking it for a spin alot i didn't like.
    i.e. APPS for business!! Not much of a gamer and I wanted something for my business use. Downloaded few apps for note taking...not good apps!

Then I had problems connecting to my laptop (4 days w/BB PB tech support now its going up the chain to the developers level...YES, I've tried ALL the suggestion here on CB!) it just would not recognize my PB so transferring data to PB was out. This was the final straw...took it back and got a refund.

FUNNY THING...I started to miss that little PB. I had PB withdrawals! I began rationalizing and decided even w/all the "ISSSUES" i was dealing w/my PB...I went back and got the PB to make it work for me.

You know something is going on when you begin to justify WHY you should have/keep it even when the reasons to take it back is very justifiable!!!!

So, I got my wife's laptop on vista to recognize the PB so I will transfer files by that method...not the most convenient or efficient but my mind/heart is cool w/it.

I guess i'm keeping it because $250 for 32g I'm frugal (not cheap), I see POTENTIAL and its a damn good little tablet! I am loyal to a fault however...

As a recovering analytical I can't quatify exactly all the reasons for keeping it...logically for me, it doesn't make sense BUT I know I missed my PB when I returned it and although frustrated about few issues....I'M MUCH MORE HAPPIER WITH IT THAN WITHOUT IT!!
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-13-12 10:25 AM
    Ton of quesitons in this blogs are not been solved, As consumers, are asking too much?
    or we are just expecting too much from this tablet?
    RIMM, are you guys listening to our problems. if you do
    Lots of questions have been solved. Some repeatedly. Lots of really great forum members have spent lots of time offering solutions. But sometimes when the same question comes up over and over again, I, (speaking of myself), will simply ignore it, hoping that the search function in the forums will be used. It is an excellent feature. I know because I have used it. Some issues that some users have are not truly issues or problems, but blanket statements, some negative some positive, but for the most part some, (very few are just attempting to illicit a response or start a flame). Best to steer clear of the negative. If you have a problem one friendly suggestion would be to just ask the question or search for an valid answer based on your question. But before I continue to go on, I have to ask, "What just is your question??"
    ignites likes this.
    01-13-12 10:42 AM
    Lots of questions have been solved. Some repeatedly. Lots of really great forum members have spent lots of time offering solutions. But sometimes when the same question comes up over and over again, I, (speaking of myself), will simply ignore it, hoping that the search function in the forums will be used. It is an excellent feature. I know because I have used it. Some issues that some users have are not truly issues or problems, but blanket statements, some negative some positive, but for the most part some, (very few are just attempting to illicit a response or start a flame). Best to steer clear of the negative. If you have a problem one friendly suggestion would be to just ask the question or search for an valid answer based on your question. But before I continue to go on, I have to ask, "What just is your question??"
    liked and agreedd.
    kerry6 likes this.
    01-13-12 10:47 AM
    For example: Are TD Ameritrade app available in APP World soon??? since i own it. that is only apps i need for this tablet.
    I really don't care about any apps----skype, nexflix ect.
    01-13-12 02:32 PM

For example: Are TD Ameritrade app available in APP World soon??? since i own it. that is only apps i need for this tablet.
    I really don't care about any apps----skype, nexflix ect.
    Actually .... with THIS tablet you can go to their FULL website,, just as you would sitting at your laptop or desktop. Hence, no need for an app.

I have an app on my BB phone for trading, but on my PB I just log into the actual website. Much easier and allows all options and info easily and quickly.

Give it a try and see if you like it.
    01-13-12 03:16 PM
    I took a really hard look at the playbook when I decided it was a dumb idea to pay one months rent for a tablet. It also took a huge leap of faith with RIM to buy it, ie: trusting they are going to release the update and keep invested in the playbook platform.

Up to now, I am pretty happy.
    01-13-12 03:24 PM
    Could you be a little more specific about the questions not being answered that you think should be!

I normally don't respond to general questions or ones asking what I think about this or that. A lot of what I consider legitimate and specific questions get answered.
    spike12 likes this.
    01-13-12 03:34 PM
    I actually was attracted to the playbook at the initial price, and even remember being excited about it on launch day, just never had the money to buy one until the price drop.
    Took me no longer the a few seconds to make the choice about buying it at the $199 price tag.
    01-13-12 04:28 PM
    It does everything I need it to do, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much more. Now I learn it will get a whole lot better with OS2. Whats not to like.
    01-13-12 07:55 PM
    I broke the news to our National Sales Manager on launch day. She had one in hand shortly there after. Me, I couldn't justify spending hard earned money on any tablet when I had a desktop and laptop that were rarely used. I was always of the opinion that tablets (most @ or near $500) lacking "phone like" capabilities were toys and not worth the money. Needless to say, watching her use the bridge gave me what I was looking for. Now, with the possibilities shown at CES (remote, etc) I have to say this is what a tablet should be, not a gaming device, not a mobile web browser but an extention of the smartphone with those other capabilities included. I am really looking forward to 2012 with BB! Oh and $199 helped me along too
    01-13-12 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD