Oh so it's just like our UK government then only its warmer where you are?

Do you know I once said on this forum that the Federal government was one of BBs biggest customers and got absolutely slated for it. Then several months later you pop up and say they use BB's ? It's a strange old world we live in.
    I know you once said you were leaving RIM, their toys and this forum for Android. Here it is several months later and you're still talking about your "crappy" devices. Strange world indeed. Maybe you could put the drink down long enough to get out of the house and fulfill that promise.
    Dave Bourque and EricB1968 like this.
    05-06-13 04:13 PM
    More importantly, this is a forum for ******** about playbooks not crappy Z10's or any other handheld public anoyance device. Unless you are here to ***** about your playbook (sing along now, you all know the words.....browser sucks, no skype, no skype) Hum along if you dont' know the words.

So for the benefit of us forgotten playbook owners, please take your silly cell complaints to the appropriate forums where those with similar units can join in harmony (or three part agony) in your latest hurtin tune.

Me, i'll be using my playbook to do all the things I bought it to do that it does just as intended.
    Tim1131, Dave Bourque and HelliS22 like this.
    05-06-13 04:30 PM
    Angus:

To be clear you work for A Federal Government. The Canadian ONE? As opposed to the US one or the UK one?
    HelliS22 and Angus_CB like this.
    05-06-13 04:32 PM
    Was it really impossible to put a capital letter on his name in the title of the thread ?
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-06-13 05:16 PM
    Angus:

To be clear you work for A Federal Government. The Canadian ONE? As opposed to the US one or the UK one?
    A to you.
    The to me and Blackberry.

Although this statement "Oh so it's just like our UK government then only its warmer where you are?" makes me believe S.O.M. is unclear about where I live or doesn't own a globe. Very few people actually own a globe.

The Canadian Government uses Blackberry almost exclusively.
    FF22 and HelliS22 like this.
    05-07-13 06:10 AM
    Of course you do but you might just find that the BES for bb10 is a little (understatement) more expensive? Don't take my word for it, read the reviews?
    You don't have a clue old man. Free BES10 software and a one time lifetime 99$ per device lic is not expensive.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    05-07-13 06:18 AM
    90,000 users at $99 each is $8.91 million.
    I assume The Government gets a better deal.
    Last edited by Angus_CB; 05-07-13 at 06:43 AM.
    Dave Bourque and HelliS22 like this.
    05-07-13 06:26 AM
    My PB is basically just treading water until the 2013 Nexus tablets are released. I use my PB as mostly a media player and for casual web browsing now due to the dirth of apps. basically my PB is down to about two apps that have kept it afloat so far: Kalemsoft Media player since it will play most video file formats so I can watch my movies pretty fearlessly without having to bugger around with recoding, and Fast Browser since the native browser handles javascript so frigging slow. The only reason I haven't already jumped to the Nexus 7 is because I pretty much agree with Bitek's old review on the comparison. There's just not enough in the N7 to justify a switch. The next 7" Nexus tablet however will be a quantum leap ahead of the PB and that's most likely going to be available in about 2 more months. Vastly better app and game selection, likely a quad qualcomm CPU, 2 GB RAM and far superior display.

Unless Apple pulls a rabbit out of the hat this year on the next iPad mini but they appear to be continuing their usual "same old same old" tactic of updates that are about a year+ behind what everyone else is innovating and will likely reveal iOS7 as a slightly redesigned UI and pretty much sweet F-A else while relying on their legions of soccer moms who don't know any better tech-wise to run to the store to get a device that has their logo simply because it looks trendy at Starbucks
    05-07-13 08:13 AM
    I know you once said you were leaving RIM, their toys and this forum for Android. Here it is several months later and you're still talking about your "crappy" devices. Strange world indeed. Maybe you could put the drink down long enough to get out of the house and fulfill that promise.
    Get out of the wrong side of the bed again?

Posted via CB10
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 08:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    It really can be HARD when one side of the bed is against the wall, huh!
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 09:27 AM
    It really can be HARD when one side of the bed is against the wall, huh!
    That's why I sleep upright?

Posted via CB10
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 09:42 AM
    90,000 users at $99 each is $8.91 million.
    I assume The Government gets a better deal.
    Yes. There is volume discounts. All one has to do is look at the BB website for pricing.
    05-07-13 09:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    No. I just take offense to your personal insults.
    05-07-13 10:09 AM
    That's why I sleep upright?
    In a wooden box in a crypt? Explains your weird post times
    sad_old_man and HelliS22 like this.
    05-07-13 10:27 AM
    Cellar not crappet.
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 11:53 AM
    No. I just take offense to your personal insults.
    Grow up. I don't ask for your posts, you volunteer them and I just respond to your stupidity?
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 11:54 AM
    I "ain't" a moderator but moderation might be appropriate in responding to each other. Remember the thread is about

Bashing Heins (see I capitalized his name)
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 12:24 PM
    "it's not like having BB10 on the PB is going to improve sales, because their stock has pretty much all been sold and they won't be making more".
    Exactly why I do not trust them. Now tomorrow they may sell all Z/Q 10s and not plan to make any more and we will be stuck with them. If indeed there were problems in updating PB with OS10 then they should come out clearly and tell this to their consumers. I will be more happy to buy a product from a company who is upfront and transparent in their dealings rather than a company who keeps its most trusted followers in dark. Do not take it as a rant. I have always respected this company but this respect may not take longer to disappear. As far as Thorsten Heins' comments are concerned:- I don't know if tablets will be around in 5 years but if this is their attitude towards their most loyal customers then they might not be around in next 5 years for sure.
    My friend you are entitled to rant. If you bought a product and are now unhappy with how 'you perceive' you are being treated. What else can you do but voice your opinion. The only caveat, is be careful of stepping on the toes of the apologists and fanboys. You can see it has curtailed my rants and opinions (for and against BBY)......Not.....lol

Rant on........
    05-07-13 12:30 PM
    I "ain't" a moderator but moderation might be appropriate in responding to each other. Remember the thread is about

Bashing Heins (see I capitalized his name)
    Fully understand F2 but I was always taught that if someone shoots at you, then you shoot back. I struggle with this concept of turn the other cheek? I also stand by my statement "I don't ask for your posts, you volunteer them and I just respond to your stupidity?" I don't follow him around having a pop at his posts? (sounds of confusion and turning pages as I look for pictures of Thor to hang on my dart board).
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 12:55 PM
    Off-topic, but did the advertising tagline "Beanz Meanz Heinz" go beyond the UK?

Does any other nation eat Baked Beans?

I just had a nostalgic flashback to eating beans on toast in my Mum's kitchen as a young'un... happy times.
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 01:27 PM
    Yes?

and

Yes?
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 02:27 PM
    Off-topic, but did the advertising tagline "Beanz Meanz Heinz" go beyond the UK?

Does any other nation eat Baked Beans?

I just had a nostalgic flashback to eating beans on toast in my Mum's kitchen as a young'un... happy times.
    What? You haven't heard of Boston Baked Beans??????? And if I'm correct, Heinz is an American company based in Penn? And our current Sec of State is married to the Heinz widow.

And only vegetarian baked beans went with our kosher hot dogs as "Franks and Beans!"

Yup. "Beans, beans are good for the heart, the more you eat the more you (buy ipad) fart (apps)!"

But I will say that we never ate them on toast! At least, not in my household.
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 04:22 PM
    Maybe we ought to run the statistics on S_O_M's post times and determine when he is sleeping in his wooden box. But maybe he walks and posts in his sleep. Wear garlic around your neck and carry a mirror.
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 04:26 PM
    Maybe we ought to run the statistics on S_O_M's post times and determine when he is sleeping in his wooden box. But maybe he walks and posts in his sleep. Wear garlic around your neck and carry a mirror.
    I was going to say, it's not the wooden box but the Transylvanian soil that worries me!
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-07-13 06:48 PM
    I can hear you?
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-08-13 06:46 AM
124 ... 2345