Well if you noticed the post after I said not* ... because I can't ******* edit the post...

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 06:17 PM
    Might be time for a nap old man. Its getting late. Does the Concord still fly? You may be able to get here in time for a few more. You would have to settle for rum though.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-04-13 06:24 PM
    Well if you noticed the post after I said not* ... because I can't ******* edit the post...

Posted via CB10
    Yes I did see the word but after googling it and looking for hours in my dictionary I still couldn't find the word " not*.... " anywhere. Not being blessed with mind reading capabilities either how was I meant to decipher it?

ps your inability to edit your post probably stems from the fact your using a crap bb10 phone.
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-05-13 06:38 AM
    Not an obsession, android emulator on Bb10 especially when the updated version arrives is the answer to the "No Apps" problem.
    If I wanted to use Android apps, I would've saved the money from buying a Z10/Q10 and bought a Galaxy S3 instead, or wait for an S4. Instead of buying one of the most expensive phones around that pretends it's a Gingerbread device...

BB really need to get developers onboard for BB10 either by luring them or outright paying them up front.
    sad_old_man and HelliS22 like this.
    05-05-13 07:16 AM
    If I wanted to use Android apps, I would've saved the money from buying a Z10/Q10 and bought a Galaxy S3 instead, or wait for an S4. Instead of buying one of the most expensive phones around that pretends it's a Gingerbread device...

BB really need to get developers onboard for BB10 either by luring them or outright paying them up front.
    I want to marry you and have your babies! I was thinking of waiting for the S4 and most of the UK airtime providers will buy back your S3 and upgrade you to the S4 when it's functional on 4G which the UK doesn't have yet. Wished I'd have waited instead of jumping to this crap Z10? But you live and learn.
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-05-13 07:38 AM
    When I had to call customer service for a PB issue they couldn't have been more helpful. From time of call to fixed PB in my hand was 4 business days. RIM also offered to fix a second PB that was out of warranty.
    The PB is a loser for them and I think it speaks volumes that they are willing to keep customers happy.

I would guess the delay of BB10 on PB has more to do with keeping the company afloat then lack of interest or stupidity.
    ^^^this,,, no matter what's said,,, BBs' support not only for legacy devices,(i.e. OS upgrades, etc.), but the playbook in particular, is notoriously good...
    JeepBB and sad_old_man like this.
    05-05-13 09:09 AM
    ^^^this,,, no matter what's said,,, BBs' support not only for legacy devices,(i.e. OS upgrades, etc.), but the playbook in particular, is notoriously good...
    Agreed.

I've praised BB Support myself here a couple of times for outstanding service... well above and beyond the call of duty.

The last time was when they 'fixed' my son's PB, well out of warranty by then and with a dead battery. They 'fixed' it by replacing it with a shiny as new PB within a few days at no cost to me which included a FedEx round trip between UK & Germany. So credit where it's due - it represents outstanding service!

Taking nothing away from the repair guys, I have to add that it's a shame that the BB folk at the other end of the supply chain don't seem to have the same ethos. The "coming soon" ethos of the development guys does not impress in the same way as the "let's get it done" attitude of the repair guys.
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    05-05-13 09:30 AM
    Yes I did see the word but after googling it and looking for hours in my dictionary I still couldn't find the word " not*.... " anywhere. Not being blessed with mind reading capabilities either how was I meant to decipher it?

ps your inability to edit your post probably stems from the fact your using a crap bb10 phone.
    No it stems from a server bug old man...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:00 PM

They already are doing everything to lure them in... have you seen the blackberry dev site? TONS of resources to get started to port apps and modify to BB10 standards... The android emulator is to reduce the gap of apps... is this not common sense???
    05-05-13 01:00 PM
    My personal, non scientific prediction: not a chance in the world will we see a committed version of 10 on the PB. We might get a half baked version with one or two updates. Done
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-05-13 01:10 PM
    No it stems from a server bug old man...

Posted via CB10
    So the server let you make your first post. Then wouldn't let you edit it due to a server "bug", but then let you make your second post without problem? Don't forget I have two Z10s and although rare for me to use them for this forum due to the fact that they are crap, I can post, edit, re-edit all day long if I wished, so could you let me have a copy of your supposed server "bug fault" so that I can try to replicate it on my Z10s. The Z10 is full of bad code but please don't blame the humble server for your handset, fingers, brain problems! I don't think the server likes you! Wonder why?
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-05-13 01:27 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=800990
    Please continue to be a old moron...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    I certainly will do and I take my hat off to you! It took me 50 yrs + to become a moron, you managed it in less than half the time, well done!!!!!! Do you believe everything you read by the way?
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-05-13 01:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    By the way the problems were reported from Z10s using 10.0.10.85 on Rogers. I am on 10.0.10.90 and not on rogers. Do you know anything about what you purport to bleat about?
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-05-13 01:44 PM
    just out of curiosity old man why do you have 2 z10's if they are so crappy to you?
    Dave Bourque and HelliS22 like this.
    05-05-13 04:57 PM
    just out of curiosity old man why do you have 2 z10's if they are so crappy to you?
    Well spotted young man. One reason is that I'm a sad old man and that's what sad old men do? Another reason is obviously I didn't know they were crap until I got them? You don't expect bb to advertise "please buy our phones because they are crap". The problems with the pb are one thing but I can honestly say that all the BB handsets I've owned Apart from the Z10 have been wonderful. I've enjoyed using them and couldn't wait to upgrade to the next one. The Z10 will definitely be the last bb handset I buy and that's for sure. But hey you live and learn.
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-05-13 05:16 PM
    obviously I didn't know they were crap until I got them?
    But, you didn't buy both of them the same day, did you?
    05-06-13 04:40 AM
    But, you didn't buy both of them the same day, did you?
    Correct and just to let you know that my son loves his Z10 because he can use BBM and listen to music which is basically all he uses it for. All of his circle of friends did have blackberry handsets so hence the use of BBM but after 7 of them at the last count upgraded to the Z10 they have all returned them and gone over to the iPhone. They have however put PAYG sims in their old bb handsets to retain their contact within the group. I have done exactly the same with my old bb. I gave my 9860 away to a member of this forum but I resurrected my Storm II which I now use to connect my pb with the world as it once was before bb10 came along and cocked it all up. My Z10 now only sees daylight when it rings or receives a text message. I have redirected all my mail to my pb and after a little tinkering here and there the setup works like a dream.

Now here's the best bit, "why did I get a second one after finding the first one crap"? Well the answer is simply because it has BlackBerry written on it. Now if that doesn't justify my user name then nothing will. Why do you think I am so passionate about the companies failings and the standard of their products? However I like to be honest and trust me that if the Z10 was IMHO anywhere near good enough to stand in competition with the other host of smartphones on the market, which with the removal of BIS and bridge functionality is where bb have placed it in the market, I would be the first one to shout out very loudly "watch out Apple, Samsung, HTC etc etc, but it isn't therefore I won't? Simple as that! If that makes me a troll, then i am and always will be a troll. Sorry if that upsets anyone but I point blank refuse to give credit where it's not deserved and at the moment in my world anyway bb are doing nothing to deserve that credit.
    05-06-13 06:33 AM
    The Z10 will definitely be the last bb handset I buy and that's for sure.
    Now here's the best bit, "why did I get a second one after finding the first one crap"? Well the answer is simply because it has BlackBerry written on it.
    Be careful. They will probably always have Blackberry written on them. You could accidentally buy another one.

I wouldn't go out and buy a Blackberry for personal use. My employer uses Blackberry exclusively. So far I haven't seen any movement from them to switch to iPhone / Android devices but they also aren't ready for BB10 yet.
    My wife has a Blackberry that was purchased mainly for BBM but she uses SMS more than BBM now as most people she knows are iOS and Android users.
    I would like to know what percentage of Blackberry devices are purchased for personal use compared to the employer supplied devices.
    05-06-13 07:58 AM
    Be careful. They will probably always have Blackberry written on them. You could accidentally buy another one.

I wouldn't go out and buy a Blackberry for personal use. My employer uses Blackberry exclusively. So far I haven't seen any movement from them to switch to iPhone / Android devices but they also aren't ready for BB10 yet.
    My wife has a Blackberry that was purchased mainly for BBM but she uses SMS more than BBM now as most people she knows are iOS and Android users.
    I would like to know what percentage of Blackberry devices are purchased for personal use compared to the employer supplied devices.
    Lots of questions there. If you look prior to bb10 of course you will find the biggest percentage of users in the corporate sectors, BIS, BES, mail and security being main factors. The last two years have seen a massive increase in lower end bb handsets either contract or PAYG mainly used as BBM which causes major problems that are yet to become evident.

Once companies like yours upgrade to bb10 they will not be happy unless they install their own enterprise server. (costly).?
    Once the Whatsapp or whatever it's called becomes popular with the younger BBM fanatics, that market will close also?
    The Playbook is not a major factor to Thor?

What does that leave bb with?

They will probably always have Blackberry written on them

A bit like buying a Nokia and actually discovering its really a windows phone?

The conclusion is that once you know that there is no difference in brand names the customer in the future will only buy the product with the best technical reviews? Please don't look on the web for the reviews on bb10 or I may be seeing you in the waiting room of my therapist?
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-06-13 09:19 AM

Mine is solely a personal device. Why did I go with BB? Well, when I was looking for a new phone a few years ago (4 or 5) I wanted a real keyboard and I wanted a phone that might be able to be used in Europe (while I had no definite plans for going, I had seen folks using them when I was there in 2004 and it seemed handy for making reservations and keeping in touch with other party members if you separated for a bit). Verizon, at that time, had two phones that could be used like that. One was a Windows phone and the other a BB. I went with the high falutin named 8830 WORLD Edition!

Two years later I went to Europe (2009) and it was really handy. Three of us used it for email and the occasional phone call and lots of web browsing for weather or word translations.

That's my tale. Now on my 4th, the 9930. It could be my last. We shall see. I've loved BIS - I use it to screen email to the phone - all kinds of filters on 5 email accounts. Only certain people's email reaches me when I'm out and about, and keeps costs down when in Europe or Canada. Those BIS filters when coupled with the pb's Bridge feature, means/meant that the pb also only got the email I wanted. If I had to setup native email accounts on the pb, all email would arrive and that's not what I want or need. With the Browser I can generally access my email accounts when I want to look at all the other email but I can also just not do that - voluntarily.

As I say, we shall see......
    05-06-13 09:27 AM
    Once companies like yours upgrade to bb10 they will not be happy unless they install their own enterprise server. (costly).?
    We already have a BES running for the pre BB10 devices. They just haven't upgraded them for BB10 yet, as far as I know.
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-06-13 11:19 AM
    We already have a BES running for the pre BB10 devices. They just haven't upgraded them for BB10 yet, as far as I know.
    Of course you do but you might just find that the BES for bb10 is a little (understatement) more expensive? Don't take my word for it, read the reviews?
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-06-13 01:56 PM
    Of course you do but you might just find that the BES for bb10 is a little (understatement) more expensive? Don't take my word for it, read the reviews?
    My employer is the Federal Government.
    They waste more money in an afternoon that most companies waste in a year.
    JeepBB and HelliS22 like this.
    05-06-13 03:37 PM
    My employer is the Federal Government.
    They waste more money in an afternoon that most companies waste in a year.
    Oh so it's just like our UK government then only its warmer where you are?

Do you know I once said on this forum that the Federal government was one of BBs biggest customers and got absolutely slated for it. Then several months later you pop up and say they use BB's ? It's a strange old world we live in.
    HelliS22 likes this.
    05-06-13 03:50 PM
124 12345