So just read this article
    http://m.networkworld.com/news/2013/...99.html?page=1

Z10? Why yes it is.
    Thorsten_Heins and imcurved like this.
    05-02-13 09:58 AM
    Are you a Playbook owner? If you are, then it's wise to take anything that comes out of Heins' mouth with a sackload of salt.

Yes, no, maybe so, BB10 for PB sometime, maybe never. If you look at BB10 development through 2012, there was a lot promised for the Playbook and for new devices, stuff promised by Heins. Yet here we are in 2013 with a dead-end tablet
    05-02-13 10:12 AM
    Are you a Playbook owner? If you are, then it's wise to take anything that comes out of Heins' mouth with a sackload of salt.

Yes, no, maybe so, BB10 for PB sometime, maybe never. If you look at BB10 development through 2012, there was a lot promised for the Playbook and for new devices, stuff promised by Heins. Yet here we are in 2013 with a dead-end tablet
    Nah and I won't get one till out has Bb10 on it. I currently have a nexus 7 which is pretty average to me.
    I mean if blackberry had the funds like apple does they would be releasing products every week. I think they're just taking their time seeing where the market is going, and planning for the future. Idk we will see bro

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-02-13 10:47 AM
    The Playbook has been out for over 2 years and it's still being treated like a diseased dog by RIM. OK, let's wind the time machine back to 2012 again

Blackberry official interview video with Heins on being promoted to CEO:

Listen to what he says: "listening to consumers", "being innovative", "move decisively into execution mode", "delivering a good product on time, with good quality and good cost"... and see where BlackBerry really is now.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-02-13 11:07 AM

Oh Please!! Get a grip. BB never stated that BB10 would be on the Playbook in 2012. He has stated and continues to state that it would be released before the end of 2013. When and if on January 1st, there isn' t BB10 on a Playbook, then you can call him wrong, but only then.

And I am using my Playbook for a lot of things on a continuous basis, not bad for what you call a dead-end tablet.
    05-02-13 11:11 AM
    "Igotzthiz Bill, gives mez 18-24 monthz and ze share pricez will be so lowz ze shareholderz zwill be znapping ze offer upz, nowz remembers Stevez job is myinez Furmer and I want ze newz officez at ze front of ze buildingz with drei walls.with fear windowz on each, rememberz to onlyzz repliez from ze Old BlackBerry I haz sent you in ze Z10 box as the Z10 toyz is only ze start of ze end I thought you like toz see how I iz destroying ze company for Microsoft to buyz lol, Z10 has no BIS and ze regulators maybezz could accezz ourz emails to and from suchez toyz devices, I will bez in touchez.

Best regardz,

Hi-Thiveson"
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-02-13 11:15 AM
    Blackberry got all they needed from the playbook. It helped them springboard BB10 to what it is today. Every playbook owner was essentially a BETA tester for the QNX platform they were building. Now that they Released BB10 the playbook experiment doesn't mean a thing to them.

The device did it's job, and everyone is stuck with a half a$$'d OS that will probably never see any real code changes. One just has to look at Blackberry world. There is less and less app/games being made for the PB. The device could have been a hit, but since it came out, they have no idea what to do with it. The lack of updates show, just like the missing pics of users on Facebook 6+ months. Playbook is now a dead EOL product they couldn't care less about.

It's in Blackberry's best interest to update the OS from the clunky, slow 2.1 to some version of BB10 to open it up to the latest app/games and tap a revenue stream. I say if no updates come by fall sell it to some sucker and go android, or IOS before it's dead for good.
    05-02-13 11:22 AM
    So I bought a playbook 1.5 years back. I had all BB products in my family. Do I like this product? Yes. It was great hardware that time but the ecosystem sucked. Nothing great now. The current tablet market gives you lot of options at similar price points. I have spent $$$ on the products as well as accessories. If iOS and Android can keep updating their products why cannot BB? Of course they don't have that cash but is that a consumers lookout? I want BB to succeed but that doesn't mean I keep trusting them and giving them my hard earned dollars when they cannot deliver their promise. I am not here to debate when they said they will update...1st Jan or 31st Dec...The point is- They have cheated the current PB users and now have shifted their focus on Z/Q 10's. Look at the ecosystem. It still sucks. I still cannot skype or netflix. I have to sideload apps and one should not have to. An average consumer doesn't even know how to sideload.

I love using gadgets and have been a BB fan but till I see an update on my PB I am not buying their products.I can say for sure that you can use this product which does 'lot of things on a continuous basis, not bad' but when there are 'better' things out there which can do a lot more why settle for 'not bad'.
    FF22 and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    05-02-13 11:38 AM
    There has, indeed been a commitment to getting BB10 out for the Playbook. The fact that they're still working on it actually says a lot about BlackBerry as a company; it's not like having BB10 on the PB is going to improve sales, because their stock has pretty much all been sold and they won't be making more.

The best word I've had at this point is that BlackBerry had to focus on getting the phones out, and that took resources away from the PlayBook effort. There is also some concern surrounding performance on only 1GB RAM. It's not a showstopper (the Dev Alpha A ran BB10 okay on only 1 GB), but it's something they're looking at.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:41 AM
    Has there been any official commitment from Blackberry to get BB10 on PB? No timeline either. The only thing I hear is that BB are considering whether to enter the tablet market again with a new device, but there's nothing said about the existing stock of Wi-fi/4G Playbooks.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-02-13 11:43 AM
    (Oh boy... here we go again...)

Posted via Z10
    05-02-13 11:51 AM
    Has there been any official commitment from Blackberry to get BB10 on PB? No timeline either. The only thing I hear is that BB are considering whether to enter the tablet market again with a new device, but there's nothing said about the existing stock of Wi-fi/4G Playbooks.
    Late last year we were being told it was going to come "shortly" after the phones were introduced. As I noted, that has slipped due to resources being redirected. The last word from anyone who is in a position to know is that it will be sometime this year. I'd like to think it will be over the summer.

EDIT: btw, this IS real. We've seen decent pics leaked of BB10 running on the PlayBook. I'm confident that this remains a good-faith commitment on BB's part.
    BerryClever, Barljo and BB_Bmore like this.
    05-02-13 12:06 PM
    http://nerdberry.net/2013/01/31/thor...rry-10-update/

About 6:50 into the CNBC video Heinz himself says that BB10 will be available for the PlayBook (specifically the Wi-fi and 4G models). A new tablet product line from BB looks to be the only thing in the air (as in probably won't be anytime soon, but I am sure that will change. Much like Apple's "7in tablets are too small and we will never make that" stance).

So YES there has been OFFICIAL comments from BlackBerry to get BB10 on PB. YES BB10 will be on the current PlayBooks. YES BlackBerry are considering whether to enter the tablet market or not. This is as of March of THIS year (at least the article is).
    Thunderbuck, FF22 and spike12 like this.
    05-02-13 12:06 PM
    The Playbook has been out for over 2 years and it's still being treated like a diseased dog by RIM. OK, let's wind the time machine back to 2012 again

Blackberry official interview video with Heins on being promoted to CEO:

Listen to what he says: "listening to consumers", "being innovative", "move decisively into execution mode", "delivering a good product on time, with good quality and good cost"... and see where BlackBerry really is now.
    It's difficult to type when I can't stop laffing at you and that other truthful geezer Orange UK? Which one of you is after my title then?
    05-02-13 01:12 PM
    Yes! BB10 will be coming to the Playbook before the end of the year. Search for yourself.
    05-02-13 04:24 PM
    And it was coming last year and 2.1 was coming for months or was it almost year before it ever saw the light of day. Native email was coming in months and that took a year or so.

So it would be nice but don't expect it no matter what is said. I do believe that management said all these things that took much much longer, yes older management but new management seems to be the same broken record. Now this tablets will be dead in 5 years thing gives me thought that it ain't going to happen.
    05-02-13 04:37 PM
    It's difficult to type when I can't stop laffing at you and that other truthful geezer Orange UK? Which one of you is after my title then?
    Tiltles are nothing, bottle storage areas are everything
    sad_old_man and Barljo like this.
    05-02-13 04:37 PM
    And it was coming last year and 2.1 was coming for months or was it almost year before it ever saw the light of day. Native email was coming in months and that took a year or so.

So it would be nice but don't expect it no matter what is said. I do believe that management said all these things that took much much longer, yes older management but new management seems to be the same broken record. Now this tablets will be dead in 5 years thing gives me thought that it ain't going to happen.
    If I remember correctly, the only botched timeline was the "60 day email". After that they have kept tight lipped about updates
    05-02-13 05:11 PM
    If I remember correctly, the only botched timeline was the "60 day email". After that they have kept tight lipped about updates
    Could be but is soon, around the corner, this year any better or give any confidence? As long as it is taking the Z10 rebooting issue fixed tells me they are still slow and not executing. I realize carriers play a role in this issue or maybe not.

I still use my pb daily but I've given up on it ever being what it should be. I'm still watching the new phones and issues to see if I want another BBRY product. So far I don't know, faster fixes for issues would be a huge plus in their favor.
    FF22 and cmdr_dan like this.
    05-02-13 05:43 PM
    Being tight lipped and delayed can make your market tightfisted, unhappy and unloyal and spent their cash somewhere else, dropping BIS BB is hanging on to loyalty, that won't stay around for very long as a majority.
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    05-02-13 05:45 PM
    PLEASE. They have said bb10 will come to the pb. NO, they have not specified any date certain. And, no, I don't have a link but I think he said it again the other day in one of those interviews with B-berg or Fox.

But I am also cynical enough that a while back I suggested that bb10 for the pb might not come if the bb10 phones did poorly and bb had even less cash to throw at the pb. I think that the phones are doing okay and hopefully, that means bb10 will really come to the pb sometime this year.

Obviously, we shall see.
    05-02-13 06:27 PM
    There has, indeed been a commitment to getting BB10 out for the Playbook. The fact that they're still working on it actually says a lot about BlackBerry as a company; it's not like having BB10 on the PB is going to improve sales, because their stock has pretty much all been sold and they won't be making more.

The best word I've had at this point is that BlackBerry had to focus on getting the phones out, and that took resources away from the PlayBook effort. There is also some concern surrounding performance on only 1GB RAM. It's not a showstopper (the Dev Alpha A ran BB10 okay on only 1 GB), but it's something they're looking at.

Posted via CB10

"it's not like having BB10 on the PB is going to improve sales, because their stock has pretty much all been sold and they won't be making more".
    Exactly why I do not trust them. Now tomorrow they may sell all Z/Q 10s and not plan to make any more and we will be stuck with them. If indeed there were problems in updating PB with OS10 then they should come out clearly and tell this to their consumers. I will be more happy to buy a product from a company who is upfront and transparent in their dealings rather than a company who keeps its most trusted followers in dark. Do not take it as a rant. I have always respected this company but this respect may not take longer to disappear. As far as Thorsten Heins' comments are concerned:- I don't know if tablets will be around in 5 years but if this is their attitude towards their most loyal customers then they might not be around in next 5 years for sure.
    05-02-13 06:54 PM
    Nah and I won't get one till out has Bb10 on it. I currently have a nexus 7 which is pretty average to me.
    I mean if blackberry had the funds like apple does they would be releasing products every week. I think they're just taking their time seeing where the market is going, and planning for the future. Idk we will see bro

Z10? Why yes it is.
    you'd be better off getting a pb BEFORE they release PB10,,, they'll go up in price after...
    sad_old_man and Barracuda7772 like this.
    05-02-13 07:32 PM
    You BB is going to come out with newer devices. Waiting game is part of owning a BB device. Just start saving, throwing in a dollar or two in a cookie jar every time you heard coming soon. By the actual arrival date, you will have plenty of savings to buy one. As for sad_old_man, he is loaded, no savings for him, instead he can play the drinking game. By the time the next device or next update arrive, he will be very well preserve!! Eat your heart out King TUT!! Does that old corpse still have a heart?
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    05-03-13 06:16 AM
    You BB is going to come out with newer devices. Waiting game is part of owning a BB device. Just start saving, throwing in a dollar or two in a cookie jar every time you heard coming soon. By the actual arrival date, you will have plenty of savings to buy one. As for sad_old_man, he is loaded, no savings for him, instead he can play the drinking game. By the time the next device or next update arrive, he will be very well preserve!! Eat your heart out King TUT!! Does that old corpse still have a heart?
    Hic!
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    05-03-13 06:42 AM
124 123 ...