6 months or so ago, I bought a Playbook (mostly because it was cheap, and partly - maybe 10% or less- because of the rumours of BB10 coming.
    At that time, this forum was quite a fun place to be, buzzing with anticipation. The BB10 launch was just coming up, and there were all sorts of rumours and theories about what was going to happen in the next 6 months.
    Now those 6 months have passed, BB10 seems no closer, and people are getting fed up (yes I know it has been promised before the end of the year, but the lack of further information, or any feedback at all seems to be very dishartening to many), it is mostly quite a depressing place. 50% of the posts are from people telling everyone that they are fed up with their PlayBook, and have bought or are buying something else. It's a shame, and I have to confess, is leading me to visit less often than I did.
    For what it's worth, I'm really not bothered with BB10. If it ever comes, I'll probably give it a couple of months, and if it doesn't seem to break people PB then I'll install it. If it never comes, then so what, I can't really see what benefits it will bring ME, my PB as it is does most things I need it to anyway.
    06-03-13 09:25 AM
    Ever think this is exactly what BBRY wants? Everyone to just move away from it to something else and forget about it?
    06-03-13 09:32 AM
    To be honest it maybe what they it may not be. i understand people want an update but since none of us work for BlackBerry we are not getting information like we want.Everyone just chill.
    06-03-13 09:40 AM
    the android runtime roadmap indicates that androis runtime 4.2.2 will be beta testing for 10.2 in june:
    Release roadmap - Runtime for Android apps - BlackBerry Developer
    with other features going to 10.2 gold in August.

it would make sense that PB10 would be delayed until they can get 10.2 ready for release in, lets guess, September.
    cathulu15 likes this.
    06-03-13 09:46 AM
    I'm also not really bothered about BB10 on my Playbook. It will be a bonus if it comes.
    However reading all the disgruntled threads from long term Blackberry loyalists would make me think twice about buying a Blackberry phone when I come to upgrade.
    It's nicer to buy devices from manufacturers where customer service ranks high.
    06-03-13 10:07 AM
    This is a depressing thread. Sorry. I'll just go live my life and enjoy what I have now. No point in being depressed over this kind of thing. Plenty of positive things in the forums as well. See you around.
    EastYorkJeff and Cracklen like this.
    06-03-13 11:22 AM
    I think there's a deliberate effort underway to deflate the spirit in this community, tbh...
    06-03-13 11:33 AM
    I think there's a deliberate effort underway to deflate the spirit in this community, tbh...
    Don't tell me that I've only just joined.
    06-03-13 11:38 AM
    This is a depressing thread. Sorry. I'll just go live my life and enjoy what I have now. No point in being depressed over this kind of thing. Plenty of positive things in the forums as well. See you around.
    Not depressed about it. If things seem negative where do you suppose it starts at?
    06-03-13 11:45 AM
    That is kind of what I was saying. Personally, probably I'll take a BB10 upgrade if it comes, but until then, I'm quite happy as I am. My point was that this forum in general seems very depressed and negative compared to what it was like when I first joined at the beginining of the year,
    eddy_berry likes this.
    06-03-13 11:49 AM
    There does seem to be a number of people that are positing negative stuff. Whether it is a deliberate attempt, I'm not sure, but it just doesn't seem as much fun as it was.
    06-03-13 11:51 AM
    Hey cowboy, the pressure is on YOU to bring the FUN back to the group...
    06-03-13 11:52 AM
    That is kind of what I was saying. Personally, probably I'll take a BB10 upgrade if it comes, but until then, I'm quite happy as I am. My point was that this forum in general seems very depressed and negative compared to what it was like when I first joined at the beginining of the year,
    Story of my life that. I join everyone leaves.
    06-03-13 11:52 AM
    I've only just joined the forum, so I don't know what it used to be like. I have read what appears to be a lot of posts from people berating the lack of BB10 but, as a newbie, I don't know what that is, or what it would bring to my new Playbook, or why I should be upset by not having it.

I think I'll enjoy my ignorance for a while because I fear that if I ever figure out what BB10 would bring to a Playbook, I'd end up just as upset as everyone else. At least in my ignorance I can enjoy all the things my Playbook can do, rather than complain about all the things I don't yet know that it can't do but would do with BB10.
    06-03-13 12:02 PM
    I have thoroughly enjoyed my PB for the time that I have had it. It is the perfect size, and bridge was awesome!!! With all the talk of "mobile computing" I don't get why BB doesn't keep pushing the PB. I personally wont ever watch a movie, or video, or anything like that on my phone, it is way too small. But it was awesome to be able to open anyting from my phone on the playbook.
    I see the bridge app as having endless opportunities and BB is really missing out on something if they abandon ship.
    06-03-13 12:03 PM
    Hey cowboy, the pressure is on YOU to bring the FUN back to the group...
    How can I be under pressure when everyone is leaving.
    06-03-13 12:11 PM
    06-03-13 01:40 PM
    I've only just joined the forum, so I don't know what it used to be like. I have read what appears to be a lot of posts from people berating the lack of BB10 but, as a newbie, I don't know what that is, or what it would bring to my new Playbook, or why I should be upset by not having it.

I think I'll enjoy my ignorance for a while because I fear that if I ever figure out what BB10 would bring to a Playbook, I'd end up just as upset as everyone else. At least in my ignorance I can enjoy all the things my Playbook can do, rather than complain about all the things I don't yet know that it can't do but would do with BB10.
    Me too. What's so great about BB10? I'm here to have a little fun...not be depressed into juice. Been reading a few of the posts and decided to join.
    06-03-13 01:42 PM
    Still using my PB daily, still do not feel the need to get the latest tablet, it would be hard to ever use a tablet that has a button to press, swiping felt like the right thing right from the start, still feels natural with the Z/Q10. I'm still not quite sure what wow factor BB10 would add to the PB, the OS on the phones feel and work exactly the same way as the PBOS, just a lot snappier........On the topic of the forums being sad, well there are an awful lot of sad people out there with rebooting devices and failed promises, so yeah its expected. I'm just grateful that I've never had frustrating issues with any of my devices and by nature, I find contentment easily, so I'm happy
    06-03-13 02:19 PM
    How can I be under pressure when everyone is leaving.
    Nah, they will be back. Speaking of leaving haven't seen that fish around lately.
    06-03-13 02:42 PM

Your back!
    06-03-13 03:55 PM
    But who is behind that? Rim/bbry could have helped if there had been one measly positive comment from BB Live. But no, we get a rambling, mobile computing monolog about investing resources appropriately. Oh, that went over like a lead balloon. So, maybe that is what you meant - rim is trying to THROW us down NOT gently before the big non-announcement.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-03-13 04:50 PM
    I use my Playbook every day and I'm happy with it as it is. That being said, would I like to see BB10 come to PB? Yes, because I would expect that it would bring updates to programs like Docs to Go and Bluebox (is the connection issue ever going to be fixed?) that would make the programs more usable. I'm still using my 9930 because I can't upgrade until September. I really like being able to open my phone email on my PB while bridged, so I'm hoping BBRY will get that fixed with BB10 before I upgrade to a Z10. PB is my device of choice, and I'll keep using it.
    MrRtic likes this.
    06-03-13 05:05 PM
    Don't worry guyz.. Playbook will surely get an update.. May be, BB20.2 0S by the end of 2022 ?? We can wait n watch. After all, we're loyal blackberry customers, who are used to play the waiting game.. But we'll surely get there.. You all need to have you 'hope and spirits' up.. Cheers
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    06-03-13 08:52 PM
    Welcome aboard!!! Stick around, things will pick up.
    06-04-13 04:06 AM
224 123 ...