Gee thanks. I was hoping for that 64GB PlayBook.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-07-13 12:45 PM
    Gee thanks. I was hoping for that 64GB PlayBook.
    Stupid duck, it's the ferrari you win! If you want me to leave a 64Gb playbook in the glove compartment I.... Oh they don't have one, anyway if you want me to leave it under the seat that will cost you �96,000 or $150,000
    06-07-13 02:09 PM
    I know what you would leave under the seat and it go BOOM.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-07-13 02:13 PM
    I know what you would leave under the seat and it go BOOM.
    No not at all my little feathered walking lunch. Things that go boom from me come from above, or the side or front or back or..... Whatever needless to say you won't hear it until it's too late!
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-07-13 02:47 PM
    Hreiner, you have to reboot your PB five times a day? That is depressing. I haven't needed to reboot my PB for months. Clean out your PB. Wipe and restore. I do every 6 months. Keeps me sane. I think. Oh well, thanks for sticking to the thread topic.
    I have a 64 gb with 42 gb unused, I think the problem are various Apps, not working properly together
    I backed up, did a swipe, no difference
    its the 1 gb processor i think,
    there is just no excitement anymore to own a PB ...................
    and why would BB update the PB to OS10, I do not know of one good reason
    no more new apps are coming out all all, that's the sign on the wall, maybe some cheap and silly games
    we are on artificial life support

there will be a new larger supersized A10 BB phone, maybe 5 inch+ screen, coming out before xmas
    I assume this will be the replacement for the PB
    06-07-13 04:25 PM
    Went into pc world today in Lincoln. 64gbs playbooks for �97.25
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-07-13 08:16 PM
    Went into pc world today in Lincoln. 64gbs playbooks for �97.25
    Now stop telling fibs you little blue ghost thingy type person you. I have clearly seen on this very forum a thread stating that the pb is unavailable in retail outlets in the UK. As I believe Lincoln to be part of the UK I'm betting you bought an iPad and just don't want to tell us all that you have been seduced by the dark side!....
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    06-08-13 07:29 AM
    I registered just to add to the depression. As of last week I'm done with the playbook and probably with blackberry altogether. I purchased my playbook on release day and paid full price. The lack of frequent updates was frustrating but the device was dependable and very useful as a browsing accessory. The gesture based navigation and multitasking were groundbreaking.

But the complete silence at BlackBerry Live on the topic of the playbook showed they have zero interest in supporting this device. So I have zero interest in supporting the company. And as a Canadian living in Waterloo that wasn't a decision I came to easily. I've played with the Z10 and BB10 and they are great but why would I buy one when they may lose interest in it in a couple months and focus just on the Q10?

No thanks. I'm writing this on my new Samsung Note 8.0 and I couldn't be happier. Two years down the road, Samsung may not be providing updates for this device but at least I'll have the option to root and put whatever rom I want on it.

My overall experience with the playbook has been depressing. It could have been great. But I've found my Prozac in Android.
    06-08-13 07:31 AM
    I have a 64 gb with 42 gb unused, I think the problem are various Apps, not working properly together
    I backed up, did a swipe, no difference
    its the 1 gb processor i think,
    there is just no excitement anymore to own a PB ...................
    and why would BB update the PB to OS10, I do not know of one good reason
    no more new apps are coming out all all, that's the sign on the wall, maybe some cheap and silly games
    we are on artificial life support

there will be a new larger supersized A10 BB phone, maybe 5 inch+ screen, coming out before xmas
    I assume this will be the replacement for the PB
    It takes a few days for the OS to settle. But, if new apps are the only thing that will make you like your tablet you might as well just leave it. Too many Android apps can be a pain to deal with. Some work well. Some still run and use memory and power after you have closed them. Processor has nothing to do with it. You want excitement get something new. That usually cures my need for excitement. Maybe an A10 then.
    06-08-13 08:03 AM
    I registered just to add to the depression. As of last week I'm done with the playbook and probably with blackberry altogether. I purchased my playbook on release day and paid full price. The lack of frequent updates was frustrating but the device was dependable and very useful as a browsing accessory. The gesture based navigation and multitasking were groundbreaking.

But the complete silence at BlackBerry Live on the topic of the playbook showed they have zero interest in supporting this device. So I have zero interest in supporting the company. And as a Canadian living in Waterloo that wasn't a decision I came to easily. I've played with the Z10 and BB10 and they are great but why would I buy one when they may lose interest in it in a couple months and focus just on the Q10?

No thanks. I'm writing this on my new Samsung Note 8.0 and I couldn't be happier. Two years down the road, Samsung may not be providing updates for this device but at least I'll have the option to root and put whatever rom I want on it.

My overall experience with the playbook has been depressing. It could have been great. But I've found my Prozac in Android.
    Yeah and now you found the lunatic forum and experienced the Inmates humour your wishing you had your playbook back right........ Take a seat the duck, ghost, gooseberry or cat will be with you shortly.

While your waiting, would you care to help us provide a better service to potential mental cases by taking part in a short survey?

1. Do you like brandy?
    2. Do you like pasties?

Thanks for your help and please wait patiently until the next inmate is available to welcome you.
    06-08-13 08:05 AM
    [QUOTE=eddy_berry;8617255]It takes a few days for the OS to settle. But, if new apps are the only thing that will make you like your tablet you might as well just leave it. Too many Android apps can be a pain to deal with. Some work well. Some still run and use memory and power after you have closed them. Processor has nothing to do with it. You want excitement get something new. That usually cures my need for excitement. Maybe an A10 then.[/QUOTE]

That statement, particularly for the Techies, is just too true. Then the newness wears off and it's on to the next NEW THING!
    eddy_berry and sad_old_man like this.
    06-08-13 08:52 AM
    I registered just to add to the depression.
    Good. There has been an overabundance of happiness and frolicking for my liking in this forum lately.

I do understand your reasoning. If I were paying for my own phone I doubt I would buy BlackBerry. I just don't have faith that they will be viable and reliable for the full length of a phone contract.
    By ignoring the Playbook they (BlackBerry) give the impression that they don't have the resources to handle supporting their products.
    Cynycl, FF22, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    06-08-13 09:04 AM
    Good. There has been an overabundance of happiness and frolicking for my liking in this forum lately.

I do understand your reasoning. If I were paying for my own phone I doubt I would buy BlackBerry. I just don't have faith that they will be viable and reliable for the full length of a phone contract.
    By ignoring the Playbook they (BlackBerry) give the impression that they don't have the resources to handle supporting their products.
    I know you mentioned working for the feds but you didn't say which department. Wow I'm impressed.
    Attached Thumbnails This is becomng a depressing place to visit...-12-funny-dog-costumes-halloween-superheroes-af.jpg  
    dphjeff and ChrisMay like this.
    06-08-13 03:49 PM

The reason I got a Z10 because I felt guilty for buying 3 playbooks at the expense of BB losing money. Now if the company going to update all of my three playbooks, I might feel guilty to buy the A10 later this year.
    sad_old_man and bungaboy like this.
    06-08-13 07:41 PM
    I know you mentioned working for the feds but you didn't say which department. Wow I'm impressed.
    I never say "working for", it gives the wrong impression.
    I always use the term "employed by", as in; I am employed by the Federal Government.. That way if you assume I am working it's your imagination not my words that led to that assumption.
    "Cover your ***" is job #1 at the Government.
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    06-09-13 07:10 AM
    I never say "working for", it gives the wrong impression.
    I always use the term "employed by", as in; I am employed by the Federal Government.. That way if you assume I am working it's your imagination not my words that led to that assumption.
    "Cover your ***" is job #1 at the Government.
    Whatever! Your still a fed (I've seen the American films you know) now can I get on with digging myself out?
    06-09-13 07:25 AM
    Whatever! Your still a fed (I've seen the American films you know) now can I get on with digging myself out?
    I know you Spanish think that anyone from North America is American. That is not the case. Some of us are Swedish.
    I am neither American nor Swedish and have never been on film, that I know of.
    Ni Am�rica ni yo soy sueco y nunca ha estado en la pel�cula, que yo sepa.

If this is confusing, perhaps you should take a break from digging. You may be getting low on oxygen.

˙uǝƃʎxo uo ʍol ƃuıʇʇǝƃ ǝq ʎɐɯ no⅄ ˙ƃuıƃƃıp ɯoɹɟ ʞɐǝɹq ɐ ǝʞɐʇ plnoɥs noʎ sdɐɥɹǝd 'ƃuısnɟuoɔ sı sıɥʇ ɟI
    ˙ǝsuǝs ǝɹoɯ ǝʞɐɯ ʎɐɯ sıɥʇ uoıʇɔǝɹıp ƃuoɹʍ ǝɥʇ uı ƃuıƃƃıp ǝɹɐ noʎ 'ʇɔǝdsns I sɐ 'ɟI
    eddy_berry and sad_old_man like this.
    06-09-13 08:34 AM
    I know you Spanish think that anyone from North America is American. That is not the case. Some of us are Swedish.
    I am neither American nor Swedish and have never been on film, that I know of.
    Ni Am�rica ni yo soy sueco y nunca ha estado en la pel�cula, que yo sepa.

If this is confusing, perhaps you should take a break from digging. You may be getting low on oxygen.

˙uǝƃʎxo uo ʍol ƃuıʇʇǝƃ ǝq ʎɐɯ no⅄ ˙ƃuıƃƃıp ɯoɹɟ ʞɐǝɹq ɐ ǝʞɐʇ plnoɥs noʎ sdɐɥɹǝd 'ƃuısnɟuoɔ sı sıɥʇ ɟI
    ˙ǝsuǝs ǝɹoɯ ǝʞɐɯ ʎɐɯ sıɥʇ uoıʇɔǝɹıp ƃuoɹʍ ǝɥʇ uı ƃuıƃƃıp ǝɹɐ noʎ 'ʇɔǝdsns I sɐ 'ɟI
    Right that's it I now officially resign. Not only do I find myself talking to a dog! It now appears that I'm talking to a north American Swedish dog that claims he's not north american, nor swedish? who can also speak Spanish (god forbid) and type upside down!!!!!

Oh and he's a fed as well!
    06-09-13 03:38 PM
    ˙uǝǝɹɔs s,qd ǝɥʇ ǝq ʎɐɯ ʇı ʇnq sı ɯǝlqoɹd ɹnoʎ ʇɐɥʍ ʍouʞ ʇ,uop ı
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    06-09-13 03:56 PM
    ˙uǝǝɹɔs s,qd ǝɥʇ ǝq ʎɐɯ ʇı ʇnq sı ɯǝlqoɹd ɹnoʎ ʇɐɥʍ ʍouʞ ʇ,uop ı
    STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Whichever way I turn the pb the writings upside down!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrr......
    dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    06-09-13 04:00 PM
    STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Whichever way I turn the pb the writings upside down!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrr......
    Instead of turning your playbook around, just do a head stand. Do I need to dole out simple instruction too? Sheesh!
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    06-09-13 05:55 PM
    S_O_M why don't you lock your screen from rotating. You SILLY LEP. But I like the standing on your head idea (keg stand).
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-09-13 06:25 PM
    S_O_M why don't you lock your screen from rotating. You SILLY LEP. But I like the standing on your head idea (keg stand).
    Better yet stand on your head and lock your screen from inputing :banghead:
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    06-09-13 06:30 PM
    I am not standing on my head because you all just want to look up my skirt.. Oooppppssss....
    Forget that I obviously don't wear skirts, no never. I also don't know how to lock the screen ok!
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-10-13 08:36 AM
    S_O_M if your upside down we wouldn't have to look up your skirt everything would be hanging out. MY EYES MY EYES !!

I know we are stupid here be I think this is how to lock the screen.
    Attached Thumbnails This is becomng a depressing place to visit...-img_00000181.jpg   This is becomng a depressing place to visit...-img_00000182.jpg  
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-10-13 08:49 AM
224 ... 34567 ...