Chris, I think that some CrackBerry members are lashing out from frustration for not knowing what will happen to the PlayBook and having BlackBerry becoming JUST another Android device. We or at least I, would like BlackBerry to stay BlackBerry. BlackBerry makes and has made great devices for the end user and to see BlackBerry lose there identity would be a great lose to BlackBerry and to us BlackBerry users. I personal can't see why someone would purchase a BlackBerry/Android device with cheaper alternatives out on the market. The Android devices are a dime for a dozen. Sorry if this is depressing and not fun. I wish the best for BlackBerry and hope that they/we don't lose our identity.
    Don't worry if you loose your identity....you can be reborn with a new one....and go galloping off into the sunset....'cue music'
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-06-13 07:39 AM
    Lex, I don't have a problem with a new identity. But when you clone 48 million of the same device it has no personality and individualality. You end up with the some device, no matter what manufacturer builds it. Like Henry Ford said you came have it in any color as long as its Black..
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-06-13 09:29 AM
    Me too. What's so great about BB10? I'm here to have a little fun...not be depressed into juice. Been reading a few of the posts and decided to join.
    The great thing about BB10 is there are developers actually creating BB10 apps. Development for the Playbook has nearly stopped.
    06-06-13 12:11 PM
    Lex, I don't have a problem with a new identity. But when you clone 48 million of the same device it has no personality and individualality. You end up with the some device, no matter what manufacturer builds it. Like Henry Ford said you came have it in any color as long as its Black..
    Instead of thinking black think more "not quite white".

ps I like the new avatar by the way.
    06-06-13 12:14 PM
    I did that avatar for protest of what happened. The duck was for you and the saying is for your and my posts that were removed.
    06-06-13 12:22 PM
    I did that avatar for protest of what happened. The duck was for you and the saying is for your and my posts that were removed.
    I know, I have been reading silently of course and I have learned more about this forum and certain members, who shall remain nameless of course, and if I am to be honest about it some of the responses have actually humbled me at times. It has also reinforced my belief in my own judgement to be able to recognise the good people from the bad people, the grown ups from the children and has meant a great deal to me.

Ok now the bull**** is over I'm back and oh boy am I back. Let's see how long it takes.

ps NO, I repeat no more depression, not only on this thread but on this forum. Well unless it's from me that is!
    dphjeff, El Bori, Angus_CB and 2 others like this.
    06-06-13 12:58 PM
    Glad to see you back... You were missed...
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    06-06-13 02:49 PM
    You do realise that's just put you on the list?
    06-06-13 03:38 PM
    now your on the list....you may regret that....
    sad_old_man, dphjeff and El Bori like this.
    06-06-13 03:58 PM
    now your on the list....you may regret that....
    Quiet you. I've still not forgiven you for flirting with the cowboy.
    El Bori likes this.
    06-06-13 04:03 PM
    Since I am already a member of "The List" I have no fear in welcoming you back.

So... Welcome Back.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-06-13 04:39 PM
    Don't you think Blackberry would have been much better off not mentioning BB10 in relation to the Playbook at all?
    Once they announced that it would be coming to the Playbook "some time this year" they set themselves up for this backlash.
    Like the OP I don't care if it comes to the Playbook or not but many seem adamant that it will make or break Blackberry.
    I am more concerned on how BB10 and the new smartphone devices reflect on Blackberry's longevity. In the end if Blackberry goes belly up it has very little effect on my life but I like Blackberry phones and hope to see them do well. Also, since Blackberry is a Canadian company I would like to see them do well.
    06-06-13 04:46 PM
    Don't you think Blackberry would have been much better off not mentioning BB10 in relation to the Playbook at all?
    Once they announced that it would be coming to the Playbook "some time this year" they set themselves up for this backlash.
    Like the OP I don't care if it comes to the Playbook or not but many seem adamant that it will make or break Blackberry.
    I am more concerned on how BB10 and the new smartphone devices reflect on Blackberry's longevity. In the end if Blackberry goes belly up it has very little effect on my life but I like Blackberry phones and hope to see them do well. Also, since Blackberry is a Canadian company I would like to see them do well.
    I agree the pb and bb10 are not the main issue. BB10 handsets however are supposed to be the saviour of the company in which case, will the last person to leave please switch the lights off.

ps I have two lists and you just got yourself a free transfer to the top list!
    dphjeff and El Bori like this.
    06-06-13 05:25 PM
    I agree the pb and bb10 are not the main issue. BB10 handsets however are supposed to be the saviour of the company in which case, will the last person to leave please switch the lights off.

ps I have two lists and you just got yourself a free transfer to the top list!
    And they are (bb10) the saviour... the forums are extremely active and high negativity doesn't mean a bad product but that people are taking interest whether they like bb10 or not.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-06-13 05:36 PM
    Since I am already a member of "The List" I have no fear in welcoming you back.

So... Welcome Back.
    Why do I think that NOT welcoming him back will also land one on The List!
    Angus_CB and sad_old_man like this.
    06-06-13 07:43 PM
    I've seen it before. A product is good one minute and the community is going great. Then the next minute it's dumped or left out to dry and that's it. Posts drop by 60% almost straight away.

Sometimes it can be quick and painless, others it just drags on with folks somehow still fooling themselves that it will all turn out okay.

If you want an example of how bad it can get, then take a look over at the WebOS forums and see the poor deluded soles there.

Now you don't want to end up like them now do you? Quit while you are ahead, I'd say before Xmas...
    Gosh I didn't realize that I was a poor deluded sole. Sometimes I feel stepped on but I try to overlook it. Still use my HP touchpad for some internet stuff and occasionally because of it's great speakers with Pandora.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-06-13 07:44 PM
    What list are you people talking about? How do I get in the list?!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-06-13 08:09 PM
    Gosh I didn't realize that I was a poor deluded sole. Sometimes I feel stepped on but I try to overlook it. Still use my HP touchpad for some internet stuff and occasionally because of it's great speakers with Pandora.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    i don't think you're deluded..I don't think that's the point. I think the point is that eventually 'You Know' when the writing is on the wall and its time to move on. Personally i won't loose any sleep over the ascendancy or demise of BBRY. I don't own stock in it, i didn't sell it short, long or whatever. All I see is a company bumbling,tumbling, tripping and stumbling. (my perception I know....perhaps through jaundiced eyes) but if it walks like a duck...etc....

At this point I rarely use my playbook...I have a bb phone...only because of bbm...and that will soon change...

I only show up here to see if there's anything new for playbook....(There Isn't)...and to read and comment on what "friends" have said. I suppose when Playbook is dead and gone....i'll still prob come back here....where else can you comment on the care of ducks, brandy (i have no idea what brandy tastes like), Carry On films, Charley Drake....but in a blackberry forum.

I feel sad for the people that don't get it...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-06-13 08:25 PM
    or I could be on a rant....

Regards
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-06-13 08:27 PM
    Roast duck with plum sauce and brandy, to welcome the one who lives in the cellar Welcome back!

Anyway yeah, the writing is on the wall for PB and BBRY. It's one thing to use a device by learning to live with its flaws without hoping for fixes, it's another to get strung along by the promise of better things to come.
    06-06-13 08:40 PM
    I care what happen to BlackBerry. If BlackBerry folds, you have basically two OS's to use and I don't like the clunky Android OS and can't stand Apple as a company. So for people like me it hard to take the direction that BlackBerry is taking. If there is no more BlackBerry I will probably be going back to a dumb phone.
    sad_old_man and eddy_berry like this.
    06-06-13 11:52 PM
    Why do I think that NOT welcoming him back will also land one on The List!
    How astute of you. You were already on the list but you are now on it twice and your name is underlined!
    El Bori likes this.
    06-07-13 06:26 AM
    What list are you people talking about? How do I get in the list?!!
    Don't worry about the list at all. It's nothing for you to worry about! (sounds of quiet devious chuckling, cue Jaws music).

El Bori likes this.
    06-07-13 06:31 AM
    Don't worry about the list at all. It's nothing for you to worry about! (sounds of quiet devious chuckling, cue Jaws music).
    Strange, I got flight of the bumble bee instead.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-07-13 06:49 AM
    Strange, I got flight of the bumble bee instead.
    I've shown him "THE LIST"!
    Attached Thumbnails This is becomng a depressing place to visit...-imacatges.jpg  
    dphjeff and eddy_berry like this.
    06-07-13 07:00 AM
224 12345 ...