the android runtime roadmap indicates that androis runtime 4.2.2 will be beta testing for 10.2 in june:
    Release roadmap - Runtime for Android apps - BlackBerry Developer
    with other features going to 10.2 gold in August.

it would make sense that PB10 would be delayed until they can get 10.2 ready for release in, lets guess, September.
    If they are waiting to add features they will never be able to release BB10 for PB.
    06-04-13 04:16 AM
    Been loyal! paid full price, bought the PB and Z10 on the first day! I am feeling a bit low..
    06-04-13 04:17 AM
    That would be a terminal case of feature creep - keep promising to add stuff until you have so much stuff to add, it's already 2020

If you're a loyal PlayBook and BlackBerry user, then you've been had. BBRY doesn't give a damn about us PB users, they consider us the annoying relatives that no one speaks about.
    06-04-13 04:40 AM
    Like the song says "don't worry, be happy"
    06-04-13 05:50 AM
    I said it before if bb10 which promised does not come to playbook I will be selling mine and possibly my z10 as well.

BlackBerry best keep their promises or heins word will mean **** in any future endeavour.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 09:47 AM
    I understand now the title of this thread. I only joined a couple of days ago and I'm already verging on suicidal. I've only asked for help a couple of times and I have now found it easier to ring the support people. What chance have it got if people with as much experience and huge numbers of posts won't help. Your right it is a depressing place dspe ially if your just a new user.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    06-04-13 12:10 PM
    That is kind of what I was saying. Personally, probably I'll take a BB10 upgrade if it comes, but until then, I'm quite happy as I am. My point was that this forum in general seems very depressed and negative compared to what it was like when I first joined at the beginining of the year,
    It comes and goes. Back when we first heard BB10 was delayed, it was like a big cloud hung over all of CB. I pretty much left just because of that. Then, it got closer to the launch and people were becoming more excited. After the launch, people complained because they didn't think it was very good. Then of course there were issues like rebooting and such. And of course, BB Live came and went with no PB love.

The thing is, no matter what BB does right now there are lots of people that aren't happy. That's how it's been for a while, even on this fan site. I think until BB10 works properly and gets more popular apps that's how it's going to stay.

And making a thread about it isn't going to help because the perpetually depressed people will come and jump on you.
    FF22 and eddy_berry like this.
    06-04-13 01:00 PM
    Oh, and until BB10 comes to playbook.
    06-04-13 01:01 PM
    There are a lot of people that seem to be negative towards BB and will try to deflate any positive vibe (especially if it can be construed as fanboyism). That has also created others that are sick of the negativity from those people and will attack anyone that say anything critical at all (fanboys).

I consider myself a fan, and I'm still optimistic about BB's future. I love my PlayBook and I'll continue to use it. I hope it gets BB10 (at least under the hood for app/game compatibility), but I'm not going to **** and moan about it because the PB was released over 2 years ago, and it's a great tablet right NOW for core functions. BB lost money on the PB, and they did support it through many updates. It's just been about 4 months now that we haven't had an update, and their priorities have focused to BB10 on smartphones.

My guess is we'll see another update, and it'll fully utilize bridge to show off BB's mobile computing initiative. I bet we'll see bridge for other devices too, just like BBM. So any tablet could be a companion to BB10 smartphones. This will also allow us to keep using our PBs as a larger-screen terminal to our phones.
    Thunderbuck and eddy_berry like this.
    06-04-13 03:49 PM
    I understand now the title of this thread. I only joined a couple of days ago and I'm already verging on suicidal. I've only asked for help a couple of times and I have now found it easier to ring the support people. What chance have it got if people with as much experience and huge numbers of posts won't help. Your right it is a depressing place dspe ially if your just a new user.
    My friend don't get discouraged ....some of us have been here for a while....and at times (most times for me) we don't always stay on topic...we segway...obfuscate...ramble...mumble... play with words...relive our childhood...jabb and parry , but eventually we get to the point. Sometimes we forget that people are still new to playbook and are actually still buying them....
    06-04-13 06:11 PM
    My friend don't get discouraged ....some of us have been here for a while....and at times (most times for me) we don't always stay on topic...we segway...obfuscate...ramble...mumble... play with words...relive our childhood...jabb and parry , but eventually we get to the point. Sometimes we forget that people are still new to playbook and are actually still buying them....
    Of course the 'we' is the royal 'we'....i'm incognito....
    06-04-13 06:12 PM
    There does seem to be a number of people that are positing negative stuff. Whether it is a deliberate attempt, I'm not sure, but it just doesn't seem as much fun as it was.
    Same with me. I lurk periodically but being the type of person I am, the negativity of late keeps me away. My PlayBook serves me well just as it is and as others have said, BB10 would just be icing on the cake.

If you want a little positive pick-me-up, you have got to read this thread. I didn't know how to link it in the forum, so here is the browser link. We have it posted in my office and even non-BB types have gotten a good laugh out of it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ll-you-695689/
    SunnyFL and Chaddface like this.
    06-04-13 07:19 PM
    Not sure if it's negativity or more to do with boredom. Nothing new going on with pb and nothing positive or exciting to discuss, thus left to our own devices, we find ways to amuse ourselves.

Perhaps we should start threads to reiterate all the things playbook does well as is and why we still use it daily and we could hold hands, light candles and sing we are the world.

For me it's more fun to be cynycl :banghead:
    eddy_berry likes this.
    06-04-13 07:33 PM
    Not sure if it's negativity or more to do with boredom. Nothing new going on with pb and nothing positive or exciting to discuss, thus left to our own devices, we find ways to amuse ourselves.

Perhaps we should start threads to reiterate all the things playbook does well as is and why we still use it daily and we could hold hands, light candles and sing we are the world.

For me it's more fun to be cynycl :banghead:
    I'm bored silly with waiting...but i'm still waiting...

I think part of the problem is that we all thought, or were 'brainwashed' to think that BB10 would be the beginning of a great resurgence for Blackberry but in reality it seems to have stumbled out of the gate...instead we have is what my daughter would say..."Meh"....

Personally i think the playbook, regardless of its faults, is a solid well built tablet and is a steal at the current price point...
    That is small consolation for those who paid full price.

So much for that rant....I think i'm morphing ...into someone else....

Brandy anyone?
    06-04-13 10:37 PM
    Here's a toast to you my friend, and to that gnome who lives in a British cellar somewhere...
    06-05-13 01:10 AM
    Well, the last leaked roadmap said BB10 on PB Qtr 2. That will end in June. I'll wait til then to present myself to the juice factory.
    06-05-13 10:44 AM
    Well, the last leaked roadmap said BB10 on PB Qtr 2. That will end in June. I'll wait til then to present myself to the juice factory.
    Being a flamboyant thespian I love this. I've been swatting hard all day finding out what bb10 is that everyone goes on about and now I know what it is, or isn't, I can't understand it. I love my playbooks as they are now so having just found it I don't want it taking away from me. I have it on my Q10 and there's not much difference with my playbook. Anyway why don't you all just enjoy what you have like I am doing. I wished I'd have bought them years ago. If you want to know what baaaaadddd is, buy a cindle.
    06-05-13 12:32 PM
    Being a flamboyant thespian I love this. I've been swatting hard all day finding out what bb10 is that everyone goes on about and now I know what it is, or isn't, I can't understand it. I love my playbooks as they are now so having just found it I don't want it taking away from me. I have it on my Q10 and there's not much difference with my playbook. Anyway why don't you all just enjoy what you have like I am doing. I wished I'd have bought them years ago. If you want to know what baaaaadddd is, buy a cindle.
    I would say you sound like a 'fanboy'....i see you already have the costume for it.....or is that how you usually go out?
    06-05-13 12:56 PM
    I would say you sound like a 'fanboy'....i see you already have the costume for it.....or is that how you usually go out?
    I'm a fanboy of yours handsome.
    06-05-13 01:00 PM
    I'm a fanboy of yours handsome.
    lol oh god....

You're "thesbian" line reminds me of one of the first "carry on" movies I watched...Carry on Doctor....when the doc says to the girl...."Big Breaths" and she says..."Yes and i'm only 16"...
    JSRinUK and eddy_berry like this.
    06-05-13 01:16 PM
    The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5? Coming or not they are clearly testing it... Someones got BB10 on their playbook... whether its BlackBerry or a tech savvy user.
    06-05-13 01:23 PM
    Just wanted to drop in and say I still use my PB daily and i still love it. When I bought it I didn't know about BB10 and this predated the "promise" of the PB being upgradeable to the new OS. As others have mentioned, the sentiment on CB waivers greatly from time to time. Nothing i read here (the forums) affects me so profoundly as to make me depressed. I simply don't care as long as my devices work as intended. My PB does the job, my Z10 does the job, and my shares in BlackBerry are up. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 01:32 PM
    lol oh god....

You're "thesbian" line reminds me of one of the first "carry on" movies I watched...Carry on Doctor....when the doc says to the girl...."Big Breaths" and she says..."Yes and i'm only 16"...
    I wasn't in that particular production but I have it recorded and it's one of my favourites. We must be like kindred spirits on a lonely night. How romantic is that.
    06-05-13 03:09 PM
    lol oh god....

That reminds me, I must get my Carry On films onto my Playbook -- especially the Sid James ones.
    06-05-13 05:09 PM
    Chris, I think that some CrackBerry members are lashing out from frustration for not knowing what will happen to the PlayBook and having BlackBerry becoming JUST another Android device. We or at least I, would like BlackBerry to stay BlackBerry. BlackBerry makes and has made great devices for the end user and to see BlackBerry lose there identity would be a great lose to BlackBerry and to us BlackBerry users. I personal can't see why someone would purchase a BlackBerry/Android device with cheaper alternatives out on the market. The Android devices are a dime for a dozen. Sorry if this is depressing and not fun. I wish the best for BlackBerry and hope that they/we don't lose our identity.
    06-05-13 11:00 PM
224 1234 ...