When viewing pictures, I get a list of each as a miniature - wonderful. Is there a way to get QNX to add the internal name it has assigned to each picture - the one that is used during attachment to messages, etc. ?

This is particularly useful when adding an attachment during bridging. Certain (ahem) apps for magazines and newspapers just willy-nilly use the picture space to add their stuff to support their UI. This greatly complicates the message attachment process. First I go to a third party File Manager to see what the names are. Then, during the actual attachment process, I use the search feature provided. This works but it is tedious. Certainly it must be the ones complement of the iPAD experience. Doc Neutron
    FF22 likes this.
    08-22-12 06:20 PM
    The answer to your first question is no. There is (are) a workaround for adding attachments to emails and/or to web forums and the like- much easier than the one you're using. Which are you interested in?
    08-22-12 06:35 PM
    At 71+ years old, I'm not interested in workarounds, yours or mine. Me wants simplicity and elegance. Period. Full stop. Doc Neutron
    FF22 and spatialmongrel like this.
    08-22-12 07:11 PM
    At 71+ years old, I'm not interested in workarounds, yours or mine. Me wants simplicity and elegance. Period. Full stop. Doc Neutron
    Yup, I'm a bit younger but why the heck can't the filename show or at least, show when you look at properties. Or allow a rename at that stage so I could call the damn picture "A" and then quickly attach it. It really is the opposite is elegance - totally INelegant!

A year and a half and Folder structure or access is less than half baked!
    08-22-12 07:29 PM
    OK. Keep on doing things the way you're doing them.
    08-22-12 07:48 PM
    OK, fine, so maybe you can teach this old dog some new tricks, such as...

As it is, when I bridge and look into my PB pictures folder with the house attach tool, I see
    1000 of files from mags and newspapers - can't hardly find my own pics. What ?

Mainly I need to attach pics to emails. (Web emails - I choose NOT to enable email, etc. on my PB.)
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 08-23-12 at 04:02 PM. Reason: More info
    08-22-12 10:44 PM
    Patience guys, a big update is surely going to fix this!

The pictures are sorted as per 'Date modified' and unfortunately, the oldest are displayed first. However, it's the other way round in the native pictures app.
    08-23-12 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD