after going to os 2 my BBM wont work on my playbook through bridge. i have a torch 9810 on os 7.0.0.261. any one got any tips or suggestions that will solve this for me?
    02-21-12 11:20 AM
    My Bbm also isn't working via bridge on the new OS 2.0! It opens and crashes right away or it will open normally but when I open a contact and go to send a message it closes right away.. Last night it was working some what though.. Still crashing.
    02-22-12 10:20 PM
    My Bbm also isn't working via bridge on the new OS 2.0! It opens and crashes right away or it will open normally but when I open a contact and go to send a message it closes right away.. Last night it was working some what though.. Still crashing.
    I've got that kind of error too yesterday, everytime I started my Bridged BBM it just load for a few second and crashed.

To fix it you have to edit the names of your contact to remove some weird character that are not standard, try to make them as plain as possible (only words and number no special character). My BBM instantly work after that.
    02-22-12 10:42 PM
    At&t and other carriers try to change bridge to control their users. Go here:

RROYY - APPLICATIONS

rroyy has some bridge apps to get around this. I'd try that first.
    02-22-12 10:48 PM
    At&t and other carriers try to change bridge to control their users. Go here:

RROYY - APPLICATIONS

rroyy has some bridge apps to get around this. I'd try that first.
    So True!

Can I add: Be sure to download the BB Bridge App (pick the right OS) on rroyy's site from your phone.
    Xavier85 likes this.
    02-22-12 10:53 PM
    after going to os 2 my BBM wont work on my playbook through bridge. i have a torch 9810 on os 7.0.0.261. any one got any tips or suggestions that will solve this for me?
    Are you guy running the new Bridge app 2.0?
    02-22-12 10:54 PM
    yes i am and i downloaded rroyys version.. still nothing.. hmmm maybe if i update my torches os from os 7.0.0.261?
    02-23-12 04:12 PM
    could try to backup your files and wipe the playbook and let it re-update the OS2.
    with a strong wifi connection or the bestie one with DM that is solid wired.
    i had this issue too, but i rebooted my playbook and the issue went away for me.
    02-23-12 04:16 PM
    I've got that kind of error too yesterday, everytime I started my Bridged BBM it just load for a few second and crashed.

To fix it you have to edit the names of your contact to remove some weird character that are not standard, try to make them as plain as possible (only words and number no special character). My BBM instantly work after that.
    Hey, it works! I removed all the weird characters of my bbm contacts and no more crashing now.Thanks!
    03-18-12 09:51 AM
    i had this issue. it crashed and shut down bridge every time i opened it, no matter what i did, then i plugged it into the HDMI to watch a movie, hit BBM just out of curiosity and it loaded up, and has been working fine ever since. no idea what was causing it, no idea whether using the HDMI fixed it or whether it was coincidence.
    03-18-12 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD