Yeah, it pretty sad they are making it available on other tablets and not for their own tablet. I got a 64GB PlayBook I bought on launch day. What a hudge mistake that was... it sits in a corner collecting dust... hasn't been powered up for at least 8 months. Maybe I'll take a sledge hammer to it and make a YouTube video.
    if this is the case, i will paypal you shipping costs for you to send that playbook to me today.
    11-14-13 04:03 PM
    Playbook. Best $248 I've ever spent...
    It's 'funny' I guess cause being in Australia where we get ripped off in any event, at the time $500 was a great price for a 64GB Playbook. Now of course I think you can get them for free if you buy a BlackBerry smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 04:28 PM
    .... and they should worry about the maybe 3M PlayBook users (that haven't put their PlayBooks in a drawer)? Give your heads a shake. That's the kind of thinking that got them into this problem in the first place.
    I tend to think that if a reputable company wants to attract people, they would want to show that even the little groups are taken cared of. It's the little things that bring customers back for future business. Surely they are not just focusing on the here and now only, but have long term plans also.
    11-14-13 04:31 PM
    Yes I bought my Playbook really cheap and am pleased with it. And have had quite a few Blackberry phones over many years.

But given the way that Blackberry has behaved to its loyal customer base, I have no confidence in their future or inclination to support them.

I have just ordered my first Android phone.
    Relletti likes this.
    11-14-13 04:34 PM
    I know how you feel. . My first bb was playbook. Was keen to buy a bb z10 when it was coming out. .. but now after seeing how they've treated the pb I'm def not buying anymore bb..... im still tempted by the z10... but it's just once burnt. ..they just can't see what a big effect is had on their brand loyalty by the guys who count. .. and go out and buy the new tech.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    11-15-13 02:44 AM
    Kinda sad and funny when you consider they wanted us to "sell like hell" back in February rotfl!!

Jesse its time to cook.....
    11-15-13 03:36 PM
    I know how you feel. . My first bb was playbook. Was keen to buy a bb z10 when it was coming out. .. but now after seeing how they've treated the pb I'm def not buying anymore bb..... im still tempted by the z10... but it's just once burnt. ..they just can't see what a big effect is had on their brand loyalty by the guys who count. .. and go out and buy the new tech.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    I'm one of the 3 Million that they were better off screwing over so I refused to by anything BB ever again. Just got a $150.00 droid tablet from Walmart and it does everything the playbook does and so much more.
    11-15-13 03:42 PM
    The PlayBook has been orphaned for some time.
    11-16-13 09:14 AM
    Yes I bought my Playbook really cheap and am pleased with it. And have had quite a few Blackberry phones over many years.

But given the way that Blackberry has behaved to its loyal customer base, I have no confidence in their future or inclination to support them.

I have just ordered my first Android phone.
    If you think it will be different, bye. It won't, though. I went from a Samsung Galaxy to BB10 because I was out in a fork of Android and Samsung wasn't about to allow an update on the phone even though their new OS would be better suited for it. (2.3.6 to 4.2 or even better, 4.4) instead letting it wither on the vine...

So, while it may seem to you that BB is heartless compared to Android builders... you better look again... it's all the same... if they don't sell you a new phone every 2 years (or less) then they go broke. The phone mfgrs are making money on the hardware... why upgrade the phone when you should get a new one (from their perspective).

That PB was not well supported and a poor fork is a different discussion... but I got a newer Android tablet that I would gladly trade off for a PB (because it's such a POS.. ICS pos)
    11-16-13 11:41 AM
    Didnt alec saunders state at the end of this summer that the playbook was not EOL??? I distinctly remember it being reported here in the forums.

Jesse its time to cook.....
    11-16-13 02:22 PM
35 12