I've seen playbook videos where BBM is available when bridged. But in the latest review, I don't see BBM as an option anymore. What happened to it? Was it just a problem with this build or did they decide to remove BBM?
    04-16-11 08:44 PM
    I've seen playbook videos where BBM is available when bridged. But in the latest review, I don't see BBM as an option anymore. What happened to it? Was it just a problem with this build or did they decide to remove BBM?
    Nothing his is a review unit that doesn't have the final update.
    Which is going to put BBM on via bridge.
    04-16-11 08:45 PM
    Yep, the issue here is that a new version of BlackBerry Messenger is required to be installed on the phone in order to work with the Bridge on the PlayBook. RIM hasn't made version of BBM available, so therefore it's not on the Bridge.

It should be there at launch.. if for whatever reason it's not there on the 19th, I'm sure it'll be there soon.
    04-16-11 08:51 PM
    Yep, the issue here is that a new version of BlackBerry Messenger is required to be installed on the phone in order to work with the Bridge on the PlayBook. RIM hasn't made version of BBM available, so therefore it's not on the Bridge.

It should be there at launch.. if for whatever reason it's not there on the 19th, I'm sure it'll be there soon.
    Sadd16 you have awoken the Crackberry King.
    04-16-11 08:55 PM
    Not available at launch?! Really RIM?

I really hope they are working hard this weekend to make sure it's there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 09:09 PM

Not available at launch?! Really RIM?

I really hope they are working hard this weekend to make sure it's there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

And this is how rumors get started
    04-16-11 10:15 PM
    Thanks! Definitely hope to see bbm on it at launch.
    04-17-11 08:40 AM
    And this is how rumors get started
    What??? No BBM on the Playbook at all??? Thanks a lot, RIM!!!

04-17-11 08:54 AM
    Unfortunately there is no BBM through BB Bridge as of Launch Date here in Canada (April 19th).

I called into technical support and they confirmed that the functionality is not there. I was told that it will be a few weeks before that functionality is released (and to watch for any updates to BBM on my BB as it will need to be updated there as well).

HTH,

Matt
    04-19-11 12:42 PM
    RIM saying it'll be "Ready in a few weeks..." seems to be a recurring theme...
    This product has lots of potential but it's very clear that this tablet was launched well before it was ready.
    04-21-11 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD