Not that I'm some sort of ambassador for people here, but I'm sorry for the rude responses you received from some members. I myself don't understand why people scream "SEARCH" so quickly.

For those doing so, check out Crackberry Kevin's post here:http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-r...lution-118095/

But anyway, we're all hoping for BBM for the Playbook. Currently you can only do this by bridging your BlackBerry phone. As mentioned, you are connecting to BlackBerry servers when using BBM and that cost is likely included in your carriers plan. So BBM on the Wifi model of the Playbook may not be coming at all.

We will have to wait and see what happens with BB10!

I hope your future experience within the Crackberry forums is more pleasant!

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Princepia; 04-26-12 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Erm, was kind of late on everything.:/Hot topic here!
    TheWolf1965 likes this.
    04-26-12 04:35 PM
    Before you hammer out a response are you one of the following?

BBC News - Fake forum comments are 'eroding' trust in the web

I am not one of the following. I have two playbooks and my daughter has a BB smartphone. And why can't someone write a PB BBM app. I would but don't have the ability within me,
    Firstly that is just a signature I have been using for (too) long and is due for a change. It is not directed at anyone in particular and most definitely not you my friend.

Your second point, BBM is one of RIM's tightly (and jealously) guarded babies, noone could ever get away with making and distributing an app for it as that app (and devices running it) simply wouldn't be added to the BBM service. Every device running BBM pays one way or the other for it after device PIN authorisation.
    04-26-12 04:45 PM
    Why not, instead of pushing RIM for skype we push for them to release the reigns on BBM or come up with a chat LIKE ICQ or something that will allow the PB to talk to a BB smartphone. In ICQ, as an example only, you can leave a message for a user when they logon. Just a thought on an App.
    04-26-12 04:50 PM
    Hey.....How about ICQ for both phone and PB. I am sure the declining Mirabelis Isreal company would jump at the chance for a rebirth on the RIM devices. They are dying hard on the computers. It would also provide a app link between the PB and the BB smartphone.
    Last edited by TheWolf1965; 04-26-12 at 04:57 PM.
    04-26-12 04:54 PM
    Why not, instead of pushing RIM for skype we push for them to release the reigns on BBM or come up with a chat LIKE ICQ or something that will allow the PB to talk to a BB smartphone. In ICQ, as an example only, you can leave a message for a user when they logon. Just a thought on an App.
    Check out IM+ in the App world. It amalgamates a bunch of popular chat programs like MSN, AIM, Skype, or Facebook in one program. It's text chat only, but works great!

ICQ is on there too!
    04-26-12 04:55 PM
    So basically an email service? which both pb and phone has?
    04-26-12 04:56 PM
    Got that one on my PB. But a genuine Native sole platform RIM article could bring two companies new life and allow only RIM to use it. Rim Buy the company.
    04-26-12 04:59 PM
    you can sideload Hookt and it works ok, its a bit clunky but i can share pictures and messages with my phone and mates who have Hookt

The playbook isnt a very social beast, we need Native Twitter, Native Facebook, Native Whatsapp and ffs an email that works properly.

all this will come when Cascades is released at Blackberry World, oh and Apple are to announce iPig its like a pig but flys
    04-26-12 05:10 PM
    Wifi PB is connected to RIM's servers for email and we don't pay for that, so the idea BBM won't be on it for that reason is silly. They're trying to sort out multiple pins problem so you don't need 2 BBM accounts, hence the delay. Simples.
    04-26-12 05:15 PM
    OK, just brain storming here. ICQ on both PB and BB solely. Giving you email. Chat , videochat, confencing. and all the rest provided with ICQ(Cheap buyout for RIM) and allowing the phone it�s BBM baby. But on login can allow all the rest between the two devices. Am I right off the wall or am i onto something here. ICQ has been around for years and has just to be ported. Has already all the functionality. It already has a phone, webpage and application version. And it already comes in multilanguage.

Check its features. http://download.icq.com/download/icq/en

It could link all three, BB, PB, Computer the whole shabbang
    Last edited by TheWolf1965; 04-26-12 at 05:42 PM.
    jsprice90 likes this.
    04-26-12 05:21 PM
    I guess I must be off the wall. Nobody but me seems to think this would be a good stategic move for RIM.....oh well it was a thought.
    04-26-12 05:33 PM
    Wifi PB is connected to RIM's servers for email and we don't pay for that, so the idea BBM won't be on it for that reason is silly. They're trying to sort out multiple pins problem so you don't need 2 BBM accounts, hence the delay. Simples.
    Not it is not. Email on the playbook uses active sync.
    04-26-12 06:54 PM
    just give us a native whatsapp, its the best messenger service out and is crossed platformed and free.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-26-12 07:57 PM
    @Crackberry on twitter just tweeted that the playbook will be getting BBM after all
    04-27-12 12:06 PM
    @Crackberry on twitter just tweeted that the playbook will be getting BBM after all
    I couldn't see this.. could you post a pic?

nevermind, saw it a couple posts down. Insider knowledge?
    Last edited by spike12; 04-27-12 at 12:38 PM.
    04-27-12 12:34 PM
    That's my guess. The way it was tweeted sounded more like fact than opinion.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    04-28-12 07:59 AM
    Whatever there is on the OS7 platform will be transformed on to BB10.. maybe not today or tomorrow.. but eventually..
    04-28-12 08:50 AM
    Well,isnt the appropriate question "Why hasnt RIM implemented a full featured bbm, since it does have a bbm now but bare bones, limited? IDK.... I cant believe, myself, that RIM management shoved one of the most coveted parts of the blackberry experience on to the back burner.
    theregdunlop likes this.
    04-28-12 12:52 PM
    We will not see standalone BBM on the Playbook until it gets it's own cellular radio.
    04-28-12 01:51 PM
    Not it is not. Email on the playbook uses active sync.
    Uses RIM's NOC to push the emails...
    04-29-12 08:10 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD