I have never used it before but now I'm needing BBM and want to use it between 2 PlayBooks. Is this possible?

Is the video chat as secure as BBM? This video chat will be between a PlayBook and a Z30.

I have done a search and it seems as if PlayBook does not have BBM but that doesn't mean it can't be done. I think....

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 08:46 AM
    BBM as far as I know never came to the PlayBook... you had to bridge you tablet with a phone for BBM capabilities.

PlayBook did have a standalone Video App... and it did work between to PlayBooks (not sure what level of security it had). I never used it much and I heard that after some update many reported it missing.
    dazzleaj likes this.
    05-24-16 09:26 AM
    Yes BBM video (video chat) works on the playbooks quite well. I recommend calling from playbook to the phone first that way it shows in your hub and is easy to call back.

Posted via CB10
    dazzleaj likes this.
    05-24-16 10:41 AM
    Video Chat still works well on the Playbook. Just a few minutes ago I had a video chat with my wife who is away right now. She was using her Passport and I was using a Playbook. No problems. You cannot use any messaging with the Playbook UNLESS you pair it to your BB10 device using Blackberry Bridge. If you do that then you can use messaging etc with no problem.
    dazzleaj likes this.
    05-24-16 10:48 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

I have video between Z30 and PB. Just didn't think the BBM worked solo. And it doesn't I guess. Still interested in the security of the Video though. Any one know?
    05-24-16 09:44 PM
    I used BBM via all my bb's to the PB and to the phones from my PB's as well. I did many video chats with bbm. Haven't had the need as much anymore as everyone I knew that had Blackberrys, have all left to other platforms and now "I am all by myself"
    05-25-16 12:33 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

I have video between Z30 and PB. Just didn't think the BBM worked solo. And it doesn't I guess. Still interested in the security of the Video though. Any one know?
    What do you mean exactly by "security of the video"? What are you expecting?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 01:34 PM
    What do you mean exactly by "security of the video"? What are you expecting?

Posted via CB10
    Kinda hoping that I can use the video chat the same way as BBM without anyone being able to get into it besides the person I am talking to. Ya know, secure... Just wondering.
    05-29-16 03:11 AM
    If I remember, you have to have two separate BlackBerry IDs to be able to video chat. I think that is what stopped me from using it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Conan69 likes this.
    06-07-16 01:57 PM
    Kinda hoping that I can use the video chat the same way as BBM without anyone being able to get into it besides the person I am talking to. Ya know, secure... Just wondering.
    your video sexting should be fine
    06-25-16 06:15 AM
    No bbm. Only video chat

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 01:23 AM