Seeing that BBM doesn't need any special internet service like BIS/ES. And is coming to iOS & gaydroid. Surley they HAVE to bring it to playbook! What will it sound like having BBM for every BB, and putting it on ios n droid and not even having it on one of its own devices.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    05-17-13 12:58 PM
    If they haven't said anything about BB10 on PB by that time, then BBM will come with the Android version to PB. And if they haven't done that, then it is a slap in the face really.
    nhanle1492 likes this.
    05-17-13 08:49 PM
    @eddy_berry That could be semi-possible, they did say ice-cream sandwich and above after all...
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-17-13 08:54 PM
    Yes exactly. 4.2.2 support would have to come to PB as well I guess. Not difficult I'm sure and this would be pretty good news for PB users waiting for whatever form of BB10 to come. I think that would make up for the wait for me. I can deal with the browser. It doesn't crash as much as some people have experienced. I also use FastBrowser and Simple Browser to boot. The keyboard is good too. Minus the swipe capability, this keyboard learns my words and that is very nice. I seem to have typed FastBrowser enough times that all the ones you see here were auto-filled. I do like this device and have a 9900 so having BBM Native would not be huge. Although I'm sure I would use it. Especially if everyone I know gets BBM.
    05-17-13 09:32 PM
    Back when you could load a Dev Alpha OS10 to the Playbook, BBM worked on the Playbook. If they want BBM on the Playbook, it should to be able to be done.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 09:41 PM
    "BBM" is one of BlackBerry's trademark... it is like an "icon" that should be available on its every devices...

Posted via Z10
    05-17-13 11:18 PM
    "BBM" is one of BlackBerry's trademark... it is like an "icon" that should be available on its every devices...

Posted via Z10
    Ah, what "should be" is not alway what IS! The world is not always just or fair.
    pcguy514 and JeepBB like this.
    05-18-13 12:19 AM
    Seeing that BBM doesn't need any special internet service like BIS/ES. And is coming to iOS & gaydroid. Surley they HAVE to bring it to playbook! What will it sound like having BBM for every BB, and putting it on ios n droid and not even having it on one of its own devices.
    Agreed, it's ridiculous isn't it?

Another example of the PB being the red-headed kid in RIM's family.

Oh, and don't call me Shirley.
    05-18-13 01:03 PM
    Back when you could load a Dev Alpha OS10 to the Playbook, BBM worked on the Playbook. If they want BBM on the Playbook, it should to be able to be done.
    From which an obvious conclusion can be drawn...
    FF22 likes this.
    05-18-13 01:06 PM