why dont they just give us native bbm on pb, email calendar and contacts isnt synced to bes, whats the issue of having standalone native bbm as well?

I wouldnt mind managing an extra list of contacts what do you bb phone users thing?
    01-14-12 01:01 AM
    If it was working and ready to be used, then you would find it on the PlayBook, or it would be included with the 2.0 update. As far as anyone knows, it's not.
    01-14-12 01:09 AM
    I dont think rim will include native BBM, but its necessary. Not every playbook users use BB phone's.
    01-14-12 01:19 AM
    RIM's statement on one of the videos from CES (On the cb homepage) said they would not include native BBM until they were sure it would work. If RIM hopes to sell the PB to non-BB users then they will have to add it eventually.
    01-14-12 01:22 AM
    sure i read somewhere it was that they couldnt get it working with multiple pins.

but agree with lime as i need it as i my work bbm is blocked and i dont own a bb phone!
    01-14-12 01:30 AM
    I don't think most would want to manage multiple contact lists. Besides that, if it were that simple of a solution, it would be added to the OS 2 release.
    01-14-12 01:36 AM
    While I understand the desire to appeal to non-BB owners, they'll not get the bridge app (as far as we know), so there will always be a slightly better experience for BB phone owners. Like a loyalty bonus.

In which case, don't even try putting native bbm on there. Let that continue on phones and concentrate on leveraging the capabilities it already has.
    01-14-12 04:09 AM
    If I remember correctly, it was discussed on beta that they were trying to polish the following conditions on the BBM app:

- Seamless integration of two pins (the playbook's and the phone's) on one BBM app.
    - How the app handles messaging during conditions of immediate disconnections of bridge (if the messages during integrated BBM pins are archived or some sort, and how would it be sync'd back).
    - Blackberry ID's are handled, especially if both devices has respective BBIDs
    - Decisions on misc functions (e.g. handling notifications)

So it might take some time for them to figure any of these out, but we're certain that it's coming.
    01-14-12 04:23 AM
    This is quite simple. RIM just have to get BBM working on the PlayBook and they make it as seemless as possible for existing BBM users.
    01-14-12 04:27 AM
    If I remember correctly, it was discussed on beta that they were trying to polish the following conditions on the BBM app:

- Seamless integration of two pins (the playbook's and the phone's) on one BBM app.
    - How the app handles messaging during conditions of immediate disconnections of bridge (if the messages during integrated BBM pins are archived or some sort, and how would it be sync'd back).
    - Blackberry ID's are handled, especially if both devices has respective BBIDs
    - Decisions on misc functions (e.g. handling notifications)

So it might take some time for them to figure any of these out, but we're certain that it's coming.
    Interesting, but why would anyone want to handle different BBID's when BlackBerry 10 is on the way where you can purchase an app once and run it on both the phone and the tablet...
    01-14-12 04:31 AM
    Not anyone would think that way, and they should anticipate how to handle that specific scenario (if they need to merge it or whatever). Besides, they are technically separate devices, that can survive with their own BBIDs.
    01-14-12 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD