i'm in a bbm chat. if i receive a new message and reply the new message indicator goes away. if i receive a message and read it but i don't reply the notification doesn't go away.
    07-21-11 09:26 PM
    i'm talking about on the playbook via bridge sorry it the wasn't clear.
    07-21-11 09:35 PM
    ya i get that too sometimes. i eitehr disconnect bridge and reconnect and that somtimes work or its just something small like forgeting to hitthe little grey X
    07-21-11 10:08 PM
    Is that notification issue still not fixed in the newest update? sheesh.
    07-21-11 10:13 PM
    Yeah it doesn't appear to be resolved yet. I find it also sticks if I read the msg on my phone the indicator on the phone goes away but when I open up the PB again I see the indicator with no msg.

PG
    07-21-11 10:53 PM
    Yeah it doesn't appear to be resolved yet. I find it also sticks if I read the msg on my phone the indicator on the phone goes away but when I open up the PB again I see the indicator with no msg.

PG
    Yeah, even after a bridge disconnect, it sometimes remains. My solution has been to add myself to my BBM list, send myself a message, read it and delete it. I know its lame, but it gets rid of the notification
    07-22-11 01:23 AM
    Yeah, even after a bridge disconnect, it sometimes remains. My solution has been to add myself to my BBM list, send myself a message, read it and delete it. I know its lame, but it gets rid of the notification
    Do you do this on the phone or on the playbook. Lame or not, if it works, I'll do it.
    08-19-11 12:23 PM
    I get this every once and awhile, and i figured out if I end my BBM conversations it deletes the notification. Not ideal but it doesn't really bother me as it forces me to keep my BBM clean.
    08-19-11 01:00 PM
    i'm in a bbm chat. if i receive a new message and reply the new message indicator goes away. if i receive a message and read it but i don't reply the notification doesn't go away.
    It is a special feature of the Bridge function. I believe it has been described as "Sweeeeet!"
    08-19-11 01:03 PM
    A couple of things I do that works for this.

1. Open BBM on the PB by clicking the BBM Icon in the top left corner, not by clicking the main icon.
    2. Once the conversation is open click the persons name on the left on the conversation, this usually markes it as read. (note, this doesn't seem to work if you have more than one conversation open, one will clear the icon as read, but the other one never seems to clear.
    3. Click the X at the bottom and then click the X beside the coversation you are having to close it, this should mark the conversation as read.

I know none of these solution are perfect but it gets the job done until the fix has been made.

Mike
    08-19-11 01:09 PM
    Please use the search function guys! A Battery pull on the phone will clear the bbm msg icon
    08-19-11 01:45 PM
    Please use the search function guys! A Battery pull on the phone will clear the bbm msg icon
    The original poster is asking about the icon on a phone, he's talking about on the Playbook. There is no battery pull on the Playbook!
    08-19-11 01:49 PM
    The original poster is asking about the icon on a phone, he's talking about on the Playbook. There is no battery pull on the Playbook!
    Yes I know that, and I am telling you, because I do it a little too often, a battery pull on your phone, WILL get rid of the BBM icon notification on the playbook!!!!!
    08-19-11 01:51 PM
    Yes, until you get another message then it's stuck again and sometime the notification is still there after the reboot. I was able to finally get it working properly again. I uninstalled both Bridge and BBM apps on my phone and then reinstalled BBM and then Bridge and my BBM notifications have been working perfectly ever since.
    08-19-11 01:58 PM
    Yes, until you get another message then it's stuck again and sometime the notification is still there after the reboot. I was able to finally get it working properly again. I uninstalled both Bridge and BBM apps on my phone and then reinstalled BBM and then Bridge and my BBM notifications have been working perfectly ever since.
    Well I may have to do that, but I started using my 9900 this week and its still happening. So that's a new phone, fresh download of the bridge, and new installation on the PB.

But I will give it a whirl too
    08-19-11 02:29 PM
    I keep getting unread email notifications with no emails no nothing in the messages folder on either the PB or BB (9900 or 9810)

Basically the only way to get rid of it is to reboot the BB, but then it comes back again and again.

Very annoying for someone like me that likes to keep ontop of his notifications.
    08-19-11 06:37 PM
    If you have multiple email notifications, make sure you open each email from the main small icon in the top left corner. Open the first one and when you are done reading it, minimize the email window and select the next email from the main email notification icon.

Mike
    08-19-11 06:51 PM
    i love my blackberry gadgets a lot. specially my 9900. now i just got my playbook but i just don't understand why RIM keeps releasing such buggy playbook softwares.. this is the 3rd day i've been playing around with my playbook and bbm bridge is really buggy and slow that i cant even use it properly. notifications get stuck, and sometimes using the bridge browser makes scrolling really slow even when i've closed all the programs or the site just wont load. loading bar always get stuck in the middle of loading. i just hope ver 2.0 will fix everything...
    12-10-11 02:56 AM
    i love my blackberry gadgets a lot. specially my 9900. now i just got my playbook but i just don't understand why RIM keeps releasing such buggy playbook softwares.. this is the 3rd day i've been playing around with my playbook and bbm bridge is really buggy and slow that i cant even use it properly. notifications get stuck, and sometimes using the bridge browser makes scrolling really slow even when i've closed all the programs.. i just hope ver 2.0 will fix everything...
    12-10-11 02:57 AM
    Yeah, been an issue since preety much day 1, or atleast the first day I used bridge on my playbook. Didn't have a new enough bb phone at first.
    12-10-11 02:58 AM
    Is that notification issue still not fixed in the newest update? sheesh.

Nope.

I still get ghost notifications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-11 05:57 AM
    I just close the conversation of person from whom is the message and it goes away
    12-10-11 06:06 AM
    Yes I know that, and I am telling you, because I do it a little too often, a battery pull on your phone, WILL get rid of the BBM icon notification on the playbook!!!!!
    No need to pull the battery one the phone, just turn the bridge app off and then on again on the phone.
    Max741 likes this.
    12-10-11 08:46 AM
    I just close the conversation of person from whom is the message and it goes away
    I tried everything in this thread and the only way I got it to go was to end the chat for which the notification as from. Small annoyance but it works.
    01-11-12 01:09 PM
    No need to pull the battery one the phone, just turn the bridge app off and then on again on the phone.
    Presto!!! That did the trick
    06-12-12 02:36 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD