Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but just in case...

My father's eyesight is not fantastic, so got him a PlayBook so he could read his bbms. He can increase the font size of his emails but not as far as I can work out his bbms or texts. Anyone know a workaround?
    04-07-13 10:02 AM
    Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but just in case...

My father's eyesight is not fantastic, so got him a PlayBook so he could read his bbms. He can increase the font size of his emails but not as far as I can work out his bbms or texts. Anyone know a workaround?
    Unless someone reports differently, if you have not found a setting to change that font size, it probably does not exist. Could he get use to email and convince his correspondents to move their/his communication to email where he can adjust the fonts?
    04-07-13 10:57 AM
    I don't have BBM, so I can't comment directly. But, you can't really change the font size in Messages email, but you can pinch to zoom to in effect enlarge the type. I'm assuming that there is no pinch to zoom in BBM, but maybe he could copy the text and paste it into Docs to Go, where you can zoom.
    04-07-13 12:34 PM
    No further Playbook updates are available. Font size on Text and BBM have always been a problem and like other OS they dont listen to the customer hence why they fail. I also got the Playbook 64 GB due to the small screen on my Torch playing hell with my eyes when im tired.
    Letters went blurred etc. So i thought the playbook.. Big screen and better font will allow me to continue with no problem. But As lots of others before me There is no way possible to increase the size of the fonts in these 2 options. NO APPS WORK SO DONT DOWNLOAD THEM Blackberry need to fix there Firmware so it acts like the Phones and allows Font Increase. I was going to give one of these to my mum but its pointless she will only moan the fonts too small and shes squinting to read it. Blackberry have shot themself in the foot leaving out simple but easy functions out of there tablet. Every other Tablet on the market allows fonts to be increased thru out there OS.
    As the Playbook is now Discontinued I cant see it getting better or things changing.
    I have a Z10 phone now. The Blackberry Bridge dont work and TXT and BBM on the Tablet have now been disabled so only allows Internet access via bridge. So if you wish to use your PB as a text and bbm tab dont upgrade to Blackberry 10 devices. They have promised this would be sorted out Feb 2013 but hey its May 2013 now and its not been done.

Just for the Record Stay away from Nokia Lumia 800 handsets they also have tiny font smaller than whats on here. That last update still didnt listen to 1000's of complaints about the font being too small. Brill phone but not practical for over 40s when eye sight starts to go wappy. Bad news for Nokia because even there old phones had a font size option for as long back as i can remember. Why forget it in new products. Rant over. !
    05-04-13 04:00 AM