So there's a lot of people getting all crazy how BBM is getting installed in India on Androids. Glad that the Indians can use the wonderful BBM and how BlackBerry is going to flourish. One thing I like to know if the genius at BlackBerry can get BBM on an Android in India, why can't they put it back on are PlayBooks. The app was here, just put it back. It's very hard to me to believe that they can't. I believe more that they can't be bothered. How much money could it cost them to give something back to people who purchased their device. Heck, their giving it away to Android users. I know people had enough with PlayBook rants, but enough is enough with getting slapped in the face.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Lendo; 09-19-13 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate language to spare the thread.
    FF22 and Uncle Remus like this.
    09-19-13 11:21 PM
    The BBM you speak of was through Bridge on the Playbook no?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-19-13 11:36 PM
    So there's a lot of people getting all crazy how BBM is getting installed in India on Androids. Glad that the Indians can use the wonderful BBM and how BlackBerry is going to flourish. One thing I like to know if the genius at BlackBerry can get BBM on an Android in India, why can't they put it back on are PlayBooks. The app was here, just put it back. It's very hard to me to believe that they can't. I believe more that they can't be bothered. How much money could it cost them to give something back to people who purchased their device. Heck, their giving it away to Android users. I know people had enough with PlayBook rants, but enough is enough with getting slapped in the face.

Posted via CB10
    Understood. I have one as well. Very, very sore subject for a lot of members on here. Turn the other cheek and just walk away and not wait to get slapped on the other side. It's not worth it. BlackBerry has moved on and they're not looking back at PlayBook owners...at all. Also, I never had BBM on mine w/o the bridge.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    09-19-13 11:41 PM
    No I'm pretty sure he's talking about an actual BBM app for the PlayBooks.

I'm not familiar with how blackberry will make such an app, but when they do it's just a matter of creating new pins for the new BBID sign-ins.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-19-13 11:42 PM
    Yeah, and I know bridge has changed
    09-19-13 11:45 PM
    Yeah, and I know bridge has changed
    IMO, Bridge has been destroyed. It's all but useless now. I've heard rumors that a bridge update is coming, but take that with a grain of salt.
    dphjeff, FF22 and Uncle Remus like this.
    09-19-13 11:46 PM
    No I'm pretty sure he's talking about an actual BBM app for the PlayBooks.

I'm not familiar with how blackberry will make such an app, but when they do it's just a matter of creating new pins for the new BBID sign-ins.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Really? Ok. But, I never saw the app on "my" PlayBook. The OP is not talking about what BlackBerry could or will do as far as a new Playbook BBM app. As of the announcement......not much happening for the PlayBook and don't see it changing anytime soon.
    09-19-13 11:47 PM
    IMO, Bridge has been destroyed. It's all but useless now. I've heard rumors that a bridge update is coming, but take that with a grain of salt.
    Same here. PlayBook is done.
    09-19-13 11:48 PM
    I realize that bridge will never be back. Quite don't understand if an app can be made for Android and ios, how hard is it to make one for the PlayBook.
    09-19-13 11:55 PM
    Same here. PlayBook is done.
    Funny they came out with that little update though. Ever since that, I can't stream HBO GO anymore. There are a few different threads that people are having issues with watching online videos since then.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 12:11 AM
    If BBM for Android exists, why can't we PB users sideload it? Does it use Android 4.0+ APIs which aren't available on the PB Android runtime?

Still a sore subject for most of us since we've been dumped by the wayside while competing platforms get it
    09-20-13 12:22 AM
    Funny they came out with that little update though. Ever since that, I can't stream HBO GO anymore. There are a few different threads that people are having issues with watching online videos since then.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not looking for or expecting anything..........maybe an "occasional" OS upgrade.
    09-20-13 12:47 AM
    Clewely says there will be news on bridge *soon*

Sent from my HTC One running PlayBook 3.0
    09-20-13 12:57 AM
    If BBM for Android exists, why can't we PB users sideload it?
    (Whispering: because BlackBerry is most likely to adopt Android tablets than PlayBook... PlayBook for them is like Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie in one person)

Posted via Z10
    09-20-13 12:57 AM
    BlackBerry has moved on and they're not looking back at PlayBook owners...at all.
    And with the Z30 on the way - Z10 and Q10 owners will also be pushed to the side ( re : the USB OTG only on the z30 post today ), which is quite ironic considering all the 'just move on to a new BB phone' comments that have been posted on this forum
    Cynycl likes this.
    09-20-13 03:58 AM
    BlackBerry should make sure the android BBM works on 2.0 Runtime and then just port it for Playbook viola problem solved.
    Haa haa.
    09-20-13 04:02 AM
    Yup. there's chatter about a bridge upgrade for playbook. Again before anyone go stir crazy, it's just reading into a tweet reply by Michael Crawley. Nothing solid beyond that. Let's just hope some of our persistence pay off.
    09-20-13 06:19 AM
    Just downloaded new bridge update. Can't wait to get home and bridge my. Z10 the same at I bridged my 9900

Posted via Z10
    09-20-13 10:44 AM
    Just downloaded new bridge update. Can't wait to get home and bridge my. Z10 the same at I bridged my 9900

Posted via Z10
    Not quite the same, however, now you can BBM from your playbook. Less than a full bridge but more than anyone of us could hope for at this juncture.
    EchoesFX likes this.
    09-20-13 11:18 AM

Posted via Z10
    I'm sorry to say you are in for a disappointment perhaps. You have access to BBM via bridge now, but not what you had before. Bridge is still a shadow of its former self I'm afraid.
    09-20-13 11:42 AM
    I'm not looking for or expecting anything..........maybe an "occasional" OS upgrade.
    Oh, I wasn't saying you were expecting something, I just saying I really don't understand why they came with that update. It's hard to believe that they did it for PlayBook users. Sorry if I came across wrong.
    Too late in the night to be ranting I guess.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:40 PM
    And with the Z30 on the way - Z10 and Q10 owners will also be pushed to the side ( re : the USB OTG only on the z30 post today ), which is quite ironic considering all the 'just move on to a new BB phone' comments that have been posted on this forum
    I'm glad BlackBerry threw us PlayBook owners a bone with the bridge update. My comment is thank you and "about time" we got something(speaking for myself). As far as the move on to another BlackBerry....I did, from my 9810. If my Z doesn't continue to get support, then, I will move on......to another platform. That's how I roll.....when it's my money.

Posted via CB10
    rebroker2009 likes this.
    09-20-13 07:15 PM
    Oh, I wasn't saying you were expecting something, I just saying I really don't understand why they came with that update. It's hard to believe that they did it for PlayBook users. Sorry if I came across wrong.
    Too late in the night to be ranting I guess.

Posted via CB10
    It's all good.

Posted via CB10
    jh07 likes this.
    09-20-13 07:16 PM