On the Playbook in the message notivcation area. When you get a BBM the notification icon doesnt go away when you read the message. When you click on the icon and X the message the icon remains. Anyone else?
    haydnmorgan11 likes this.
    11-25-11 01:34 PM
    This has been happening ever since the initial release on April 19! You'd think that one of the OS releases would have fixed this.

The BBM chat with the message in it has to be ended on the BB in order for the notification to go away from the PB. When you "End Chat" you clear all the messages, and the PB finally gets the idea that you've read them all.

It's quite silly. I've learned to ignore those icons in the upper left corner since they seem to be wrong more than they're right.
    11-25-11 01:41 PM
    ive found that double tapping the person who sent the bbm message clears my messages.

Doesnt sound like a "fix" you may want to hear, but it happens to work for me.

And if this is occuring with the messages (emails) for you too, tapping the 6th icon on the bottom so that the yellow envelope is in the foreground, that should mark an email message as read.

Good luck.
    haydnmorgan11 likes this.
    11-25-11 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD