I was watching this video of the new Google 7 inch tablet on the BBC website, and the guy doing the hands on, mini review sort of thing mentions every other maker of tablets in the known world, EXCEPT Blackberry !!

Not once do the words Blackberry, Playbook or RIM come from his silly mouth.

Apple gets a few namechecks, as well as Sony !!!!

I feel the need to email the Beeb , as a license fee payer for 20 years ( until i left )

BBC News - Google's budget tablet challenge
    zethaaron likes this.
    06-28-12 03:16 PM
    The lead presenter of the BBC Click programme (easy-to-digest tech news for a worldwide audience) is generally negative about RIM/Blackberry/PlayBook - though occasionally he has said some positive things about BlackBerry (though only about security features, or government security classifications)
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 06-28-12 at 03:51 PM. Reason: typo
    06-28-12 03:51 PM
    The lead presenter of the BBC Click programme (easy-to-digest tech news for a worldwide audience) is generally negative about RIM/Blackberry/PlayBook - though occasionally he has said some positive things about BlackBerry (though only about security features, or government security classifications)
    Yeah, but to fail to even mention the existence of the Playbook in the 7 inch tablet arena.

*sigh*
    06-28-12 04:17 PM
    I'm in Canada but watch Click every week. I've noticed the same bias. The other day, talking about the new MS Surface tablet, he mentions everything else as its competition - not a mention of the PB. In the news section they never talk about RIM unless it's bad. They're gonna have a field day this weekend after RIM's latest earnings call - and BB10 delayed!
    06-28-12 04:31 PM
    I'm in Canada but watch Click every week. I've noticed the same bias. The other day, talking about the new MS Surface tablet, he mentions everything else as its competition - not a mention of the PB. In the news section they never talk about RIM unless it's bad. They're gonna have a field day this weekend after RIM's latest earnings call - and BB10 delayed!
    Oh yeah, i bet the Playbook will be mentioned copiously in that report as RIMs " Disastrous " or "Failed " tablet.

*Grrrr*
    06-28-12 04:34 PM
    I'm in Canada too, and I've seen almost exactly as many PlayBooks as iPads (just a positive little fun fact). Anyway, RIM is going to take a huge hit on BB10 being delayed. We all want to be a good OS but frankly, that delay simply should not have happened, they can't take it.

Getting back to the point of the thread, it is kind of insulting that while he's going on about specifically 7 inch tablets he not only fails to mention the PlayBook, but mentions the iPad several times.
    cogsinister likes this.
    06-28-12 04:44 PM
    Sadly over here in the UK the PB hasn't sold well, and is seen as a flop so I'm not overly surprised the BBC ignored it when talking about the Nexus.
    06-28-12 05:04 PM
    It seems the apple disease has spread to the good people of United Kingdom. We have it in the states and thus far no cure in sight. BB10 delayed. Makes me sick.
    joski likes this.
    06-28-12 05:08 PM
    I really enjoy my Playbook but I fear it will be my last RIM product, I'm due for an upgrade and I certainly won't be hanging on until Q1 2013 (Late March anyone?) for a new Blackberry.
    06-28-12 05:10 PM
    When an existing product does not compared with the new product having on the same category, the existing product is either way too superior than the new product that they are no longer in the same category or way too inferior that it is worthless for comparison...
    06-29-12 02:12 AM
    The BBC has a bad history with RIM after an interview with Laz about the PlayBook. They asked questions about the under developed OS at the launch and he took the huff and walked out. Ever since the BBC's attitude to RIM is just disdain and general apathy. In the present tech environment RIM doesn't matter until they have something decent to offer the sector and consumers. You reap what you sow RIM!!
    06-29-12 02:24 AM

The BBC & RIM!!!
    06-29-12 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD