when i bought the playbook i did not give bbci player a thought but a must say it is one of the things i use most fantastic as far as i am concerned, another thing i find i use a lot is the ability (from the bbc home page) at the bottom of the page, is the podcast just press on any link and (save as) and there it is downloaded for you to enjoy at a later date,i downloaded 20 or so last night in seconds. both bbci player and the bbc come allready loaded on the tablet.
    03-26-12 10:11 AM
    They work well, and ITV player, and Demand 5 - only thing that doesn't is Sky Go as it uses Silverlight.
    03-26-12 12:13 PM
    It is incredible, Works even better with bridge remote, pretty much gives you any content online on your tv from the comfort of your bed/sofa.
    That's exactly how I use it. The remote app is great and you can park the PB near the telly. iPlayer works well here too with the occasional stutters but I used to get them on the PS3 as well so not sure if it's down to something else.
    03-26-12 01:16 PM
    I've used the browser to watch the RTE Player (like the iPlayer, except for Irelands RTE channels) and it works fine. Check it out on the link below. I find it best to put the browser in full scree mode.

RT&Eacute Player XL
    03-26-12 01:48 PM
    I use mine for iplayer, liveafl.tv and various others without any problem. Hdmi out with the bridge remote is great but makes me waaay too lazy
    03-26-12 03:51 PM
    It is amazing for it.
    I use iplayer on it all the time and hook it up via hdmi to a 32" telly. its better than my ps3.
    Watching on the device is brilliant. sound and picture quality are great and the battery runs it for hours, unlike my laptop that also gets very hot watching full screen video for anything longer than 10minutes.
    in short, its perfect for it !
    How would i use this on my playbook if im not in the UK? I love bbc and id really like to get this to work on my playbook
    03-26-12 03:56 PM
    How would i use this on my playbook if im not in the UK? I love bbc and id really like to get this to work on my playbook
    You could probably get it to work with a UK proxy. It's unethical and probably illegal but it can be done with limited risk.
    03-26-12 05:04 PM
    You could probably get it to work with a UK proxy. It's unethical and probably illegal but it can be done with limited risk.
    Well that is one work around. I will do alil more research. Thank you though
    03-26-12 05:18 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD