There is already 2 threads on this and I've posted to one of them but the thread doesn't seem to be bumped up the thread list?? Can any mods merge with the other threads and bump it please? I've started another thread cos this is massive! Without iPlayer I'll be devastated

Anyway, BBC iPlayer now saying need Flash Player from Android Market, clicked and all up to date. Always worked before, OS up to date, not rooted, no sideloaded apps.

Can anyone throw any light on this? Cheers.
    08-14-13 04:27 PM
    There is already 2 threads on this and I've posted to one of them but the thread doesn't seem to be bumped up the thread list?? Can any mods merge with the other threads and bump it please? I've started another thread cos this is massive! Without iPlayer I'll be devastated

Anyway, BBC iPlayer now saying need Flash Player from Android Market, clicked and all up to date. Always worked before, OS up to date, not rooted, no sideloaded apps.

BBC keep tinkering with their site. They have web designers with some kind of hyperactivity disorder. Try origami browser. It disguises itself as a desktop and works fine.
    Last edited by jarviser; 08-14-13 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Trypos
    08-14-13 04:32 PM
    Cheers for the quick reply. Forgot to say that I tried Origami Browser with same results

I'll check back onto iPlayer in the morning and see what gives

Edit: I've tried changing the settings on Origami to the recommended browser and user agent with the no joy.
    Last edited by friedgreen; 08-14-13 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Update
    08-14-13 04:34 PM
    Cheers for the quick reply. Forgot to say that I tried Origami Browser with same results

I'll check back onto iPlayer in the morning and see what gives

Edit: I've tried changing the settings on Origami to the recommended browser and user agent with the no joy.
    Origami works for me. I just tested it again on Eastenders. Settings Nexus 7 and Chrome. Set to Desktop.
    08-14-13 04:56 PM
    Just installed origami and it works with the default settings straight out of the box. That's great, thanks for the tip.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 05:57 PM
    Origami works for me. I just tested it again on Eastenders. Settings Nexus 7 and Chrome. Set to Desktop.
    I'm still having problems. But new ones this time. I've done what you said except I don't understand the set to desktop thing? I can't seem to see an option to set to desktop.

Origami now says "browser cannot handle this webpage"
    08-15-13 03:50 AM
    I have the same problems. No more iplayer. I can get simple browser to work but it turns itself off or doesn't keep the pb awake.
    Now trying origami. I also get the can't handle the website situation. How do I set it to desktop.

Also developers: the home icon does not work. I also want to set it as the default browser so the iplayer and twitter shortcuts open origami and not the default browser
    08-15-13 11:55 AM

I've just tried the app and got the same message, I tapped on the iPlayer window anyway and it worked fine for me
    08-15-13 12:20 PM
    I'm still having problems. But new ones this time. I've done what you said except I don't understand the set to desktop thing? I can't seem to see an option to set to desktop.

Origami now says "browser cannot handle this webpage"
    Press the icon with three lines. Top RH.

You will see four options Desktop, Private, Adblock and Booster. Ensure Desktop is blue (on). Private and Booster white (off)
    Other settings are Chrome as desktop agent.
    08-15-13 12:23 PM
    I use the BBC big iplayer and it still works, I hope that helps.
    08-15-13 12:47 PM
    They seem to have fixed it. I got the message for half a sec then it played.
    08-15-13 05:09 PM
    Iplayer is working again this evening. Whatever it was that changed must have been changed back.
    08-15-13 05:09 PM
    Press the icon with three lines. Top RH.

You will see four options Desktop, Private, Adblock and Booster. Ensure Desktop is blue (on). Private and Booster white (off)
    Other settings are Chrome as desktop agent.
    Thanks jarviser. I'll try this next time it goes wonky. And thanks everyone else for replying. x
    08-16-13 03:36 AM
    They seem to have fixed it. I got the message for half a sec then it played.
    BBC sent me an apology and said there had been a problem with "the version of the website used by Blackberry Playbooks" which was now fixed.
    08-17-13 11:15 AM
    Sure everyone has sorted this now....however in my case I had to enable flash in Iplayer settings, dunno why it was switched off!
    09-24-13 02:57 PM
    Sure everyone has sorted this now....however in my case I had to enable flash in Iplayer settings, dunno why it was switched off!
    You mean playbook browser settings I guess?
    09-24-13 05:31 PM