I'll just say this because on this forum I am considered a newbie even though I have been in this business for over 30 years. BB10 Beta for PB will be out by the end of Feb 2013. I will be back on this thread on March 1, 2013 to say I told you so. I am using an internal build on a 64gb Playbook as we speak. It's very buggy, it lags a bit, but it's for the most part all there.
    02-05-13 02:57 PM
    I asked this question at the BEF yesterday and was told by many different BB employees that is will be sometime "this year".
    Fiscal or calendar?
    02-05-13 03:13 PM
    I apologise for this having only read the last few threads but if there's anything you should know by now is that if it isn't broken don't fix it.

P's. Z10 and pb loses almost everything on bridge connection, fact. BB10 release date for pb unknown. Bridge compatibility with pb running Z10 and 7.1 phones unknown.

So basically we are all BlackBerry mushrooms.

Kept in the dark, fed on **** and everything happens overnight.

Now you know, grab the brandy and relax.
    02-05-13 03:15 PM
    I'll just say this because on this forum I am considered a newbie even though I have been in this business for over 30 years. BB10 Beta for PB will be out by the end of Feb 2013. I will be back on this thread on March 1, 2013 to say I told you so. I am using an internal build on a 64gb Playbook as we speak. It's very buggy, it lags a bit, but it's for the most part all there.
    if you dont mind me asking, what function does the bb10 beta lack as opposed to 2.1.
    is it acceptable to use as a daily driver is what im getting at?
    02-05-13 03:38 PM
    if you dont mind me asking, what function does the bb10 beta lack as opposed to 2.1.
    is it acceptable to use as a daily driver is what im getting at?
    Please help the confused, me. I have been told that the pb already has and has had for the last few months the core part of bb10. So why when I connect my Z10 to my pb Do I lose 95% of the bridge functions? Bb10 does not use the bis connection for browser so get ready to increase your data plan! And now your telling me that after two years of waiting for the pb to finally reach somewhere near functional with semi working bluetooth, functional bridge and reasonable performance, BlackBerry are going to have the balls to release a beta version of bb10 for the pb.

WOW what a last minute last ditched feeble attempt this is to save the company!
    02-05-13 03:53 PM
    Please help the confused, me. I have been told that the pb already has and has had for the last few months the core part of bb10. So why when I connect my Z10 to my pb Do I lose 95% of the bridge functions? Bb10 does not use the bis connection for browser so get ready to increase your data plan! And now your telling me that after two years of waiting for the pb to finally reach somewhere near functional with semi working bluetooth, functional bridge and reasonable performance, BlackBerry are going to have the balls to release a beta version of bb10 for the pb.

WOW what a last minute last ditched feeble attempt this is to save the company!
    You know that you can keep your tablet OS on the playbook if you dont want the BETA, the beta is for developers mainly and people that are comfortable with a semi - working device.
    When its upgraded to BB10, im assuming you'll have to upgrade at some point but for now your "near functional" playbook can be left as is.
    02-05-13 04:05 PM
    I apologise for this having only read the last few threads but if there's anything you should know by now is that if it isn't broken don't fix it.

P's. Z10 and pb loses almost everything on bridge connection, fact. BB10 release date for pb unknown. Bridge compatibility with pb running Z10 and 7.1 phones unknown.

So basically we are all BlackBerry mushrooms.

Kept in the dark, fed on **** and everything happens overnight.

Now you know, grab the brandy and relax.
    Im curious regarding the lack of bridge functions? what exactly is missing?
    02-05-13 04:07 PM
    Im curious regarding the lack of bridge functions? what exactly is missing?
    Bridged email, SMS, Calendar and Contacts.
    Hardly 95% of the functionality but a big part for those that use them.
    erodenero likes this.
    02-05-13 04:21 PM
    dont calendar/contacts/email sync across devices anyway? is there an advantage to using bridge as opposed to native? I assume the issue people are having with this generally would apply to work devices as you probably wouldnt have the same contact/calendar/email info on your personal device as your work device.
    02-05-13 04:33 PM
    You know that you can keep your tablet OS on the playbook if you dont want the BETA, the beta is for developers mainly and people that are comfortable with a semi - working device.
    When its upgraded to BB10, im assuming you'll have to upgrade at some point but for now your "near functional" playbook can be left as is.
    You honestly mean to tell me that the one item that BlackBerry have thrown into the arena to save the actual existence of the entire company is the Z10.

Considering the pb has been around for two years
    Considering if BlackBerry listened to this forum, (but I'm told they dont)
    Considering this forum has more knowledge of blackberrys products than they do

Why is the Z10 a pb in miniature? Screen gestures, account hub etc etc
    Now after we have developed bb10 for blackberry, they reward us with a bb10 phone that might as well be a Samsung SIII as far as bridge is concerned and then have the balls to throw the pb users, (the bb10 developers) a bone in the guise of a bb10 beta!!!!!!!!!!

And you wonder why I drink brandy
    02-05-13 04:43 PM
    You honestly mean to tell me that the one item that BlackBerry have thrown into the arena to save the actual existence of the entire company is the Z10.

Considering the pb has been around for two years
    Considering if BlackBerry listened to this forum, (but I'm told they dont)
    Considering this forum has more knowledge of blackberrys products than they do

Why is the Z10 a pb in miniature? Screen gestures, account hub etc etc
    Now after we have developed bb10 for blackberry, they reward us with a bb10 phone that might as well be a Samsung SIII as far as bridge is concerned and then have the balls to throw the pb users, (the bb10 developers) a bone in the guise of a bb10 beta!!!!!!!!!!

And you wonder why I drink brandy
    lol, id like some brandy right now.
    Im hoping that there will be some additional bridge functionality once both are updated to the same os, however this may just make the situation worse (with bridge i mean)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-05-13 05:54 PM
    I like how well you have backed up this rumour with news articles etc.
    In fairness to OP he did say rumor. Lol
    02-05-13 08:07 PM
    Any way you can post a few screen caps?
    02-05-13 09:35 PM
    What else did the "crystal ball" say.......??
    That the world was supposed to end on Dec. 21, 2012.
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    02-05-13 10:36 PM
    I sorry to bring (what might be) a small amount of logic to this discussion, but as far as I see it (thinking about how BlackBerry have been advancing so far), would it not seem more logical that the developer beta for Playbook be made available once (or just before) the release of the Q10?

What I'm trying to point out is that the developers were given tools for apps for the Z10 to start with to build apps for that (as it was launching first).
    Then they were given (yesterday, or just after the launch of the Z10) the tools for apps for the Q10
    The next logical step is for BlackBerry to give the developers the tools for BB10 for Playbook once the Q10 is out the door.

What it seems like, and I understand why they are doing it if this is the case, is that BlackBerry are giving each platform (Z10, Q10, Playbook) the full attention of the developers for a time before launching the product. It means that a developer is more focussed on the next platform, and not splitting their attention between different models.

I might seem nuts, but I would have thought the developer toolkits for BB10 on Playbook would be made available once everything for the Q10 is sorted (April/ May from what Thor said yesterday). Then after a month of two, once the devs have had time to make the adjustments, then BB10 for PB will be made available for the PlayBook owning public.

Just my idea of the situation, I might be completely wrong.

Si.
    02-06-13 04:55 AM
    dont calendar/contacts/email sync across devices anyway? is there an advantage to using bridge as opposed to native? I assume the issue people are having with this generally would apply to work devices as you probably wouldnt have the same contact/calendar/email info on your personal device as your work device.
    For me, yes that is the case. My BB is on a BES account that I can't connect to on the Playbook.
    I don't care but others do.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-06-13 05:04 AM
    Techradar 4 days ago:
    Ahhhhh Twitter Mmmm must be true then!

random twitter user:

- That was posted ~10 mins ago. Highly Highly unlikely.

Although there is an event today:
    BlackBerry Experience Forum

Your Welcome.

An image of the event from another user:
    https://twitter.com/brianjjackson/st...058304/photo/1
    02-06-13 07:47 AM
    That post above was from me. As expected, the twitter poster was misinformed.
    02-06-13 07:52 AM
    Latest breaking news from SOM, I am a BB developer. This is why it's all so sad to me.

It's also why I drink so much so it's not all bad news.
    02-06-13 07:59 AM
    A lot of people are waiting for that.
    02-28-13 05:31 AM
    My email/calendar/contacts are identical and synced with email/calendar and contacts on both my Z10 and Playbook. I can choose which device to use. There is no need for bridge now.
    02-28-13 05:56 AM
    My email/calendar/contacts are identical and synced with email/calendar and contacts on both my Z10 and Playbook. I can choose which device to use. There is no need for bridge now.
    So we're mine through google but for some reason my Z10 refuses to even load the Google calender. It syncs mail and contacts but won't connect into either the Google m.google.com server or load the calDAV settings. I have resolved the issue however and both Z10 and Playbook now are back in sync. That still doesn't make what RIM or whatever they call themselves next have done.

From reading all the Z10 threads the only people with a desire to own a Z10 are the people that don't yet own one. Most of those that do have returned them included numerous friends of mine. Why do I find myself constantly trying to find work arounds to make my bb work as it should do. Isn't that RIM's job?
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-28-13 07:50 AM
    From reading all the Z10 threads the only people with a desire to own a Z10 are the people that don't yet own one. Most of those that do have returned them included numerous friends of mine. Why do I find myself constantly trying to find work arounds to make my bb work as it should do. Isn't that RIM's job?
    My desire to get a Z10 next is partly based on everything else that's available I want less... I mean, yes, I do want one, but perhaps just as significantly, I don't want any of the alternatives.
    02-28-13 08:13 AM
    My desire to get a Z10 next is partly based on everything else that's available I want less... I mean, yes, I do want one, but perhaps just as significantly, I don't want any of the alternatives.
    You will be a very happy chappy in that case. If your desire is to have less that's certainly what you get with the Z10. Amongst a host of other things I could go on about, the one thing I am reminded of on a daily basis is the non bridge function. I still keep my pb bridged to my Z10 permanently as I did with my torch just so that I can gaze lovingly at the bridge folder icon on my pb and remember with fondness how it looked in times gone past when it actually contained meaningful items like, sms, messages, bbm, notes and such. It was such a wondrous journey inside the folder with all sorts of useful things you could use instead of the one single icon in it now the simply contains a read me file that tells you bridge doesn't work anymore. It states it in nice big long posh words but the meaning is just the same.

P's I can't even find the radio icon on my two Z10s but everyone tells me it has a radio on it somewhere, they just don't say where it is. Typical!
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-28-13 08:55 AM
    So we're mine through google but for some reason my Z10 refuses to even load the Google calender. It syncs mail and contacts but won't connect into either the Google m.google.com server or load the calDAV settings. I have resolved the issue however and both Z10 and Playbook now are back in sync. That still doesn't make what RIM or whatever they call themselves next have done.

You really are a sad old man with a grudge. If you don't like the platform, and only want to complain, why don't you help us out and leave. Mine worked great first time and still does.
    El Bori likes this.
    02-28-13 09:35 AM
101 12345