A Monitor?

or how i like to call mine .....a Thorsten Heins.
    Ah, you just can't accept the inevitable - the tablet is dead. Oh, Long Live The Tablet:

From an article on the Win8.1 update (some company acts like they listen to their users):

Microsoft to unveil latest Windows adjustments

"It's crucial that Microsoft sets things right with Windows 8.1 because the outlook for the PC market keeps getting gloomier. IDC now expects PC shipments to fall by nearly 8 percent this year, worse than its previous forecast of a 1 percent dip. IDC also anticipates tablets will outsell laptop computers for the first time this year."

It is going to be one heck of a five year wait till they die, Thor!
    06-26-13 12:16 AM
    The acer iconia w3 64GB is now available on line from Office Depot for $399.99 which is $30 off of list. The keyboard is $79.99. Staples also has the Tab listed. Delay in hitting the market was apparently due to need for correction of a production problem.
    06-26-13 02:46 AM
    The acer iconia w3 64GB is now available on line from Office Depot for $399.99 which is $30 off of list. The keyboard is $79.99. Staples also has the Tab listed. Delay in hitting the market was apparently due to need for correction of a production problem.
    The keyboard is merely a TYPING device - no trackpad or mouse functions. That is one area where Rim covered bases by including the trackpad although it does have its limitations when trying to move the pb's cursor.

Uh, oh, production problems?
    06-26-13 08:23 AM
    The keyboard is merely a TYPING device - no trackpad or mouse functions. That is one area where Rim covered bases by including the trackpad although it does have its limitations when trying to move the pb's cursor.

Uh, oh, production problems?
    Maybe just rumors but everybody has some production problems, even the fruit company, but nobody will admit to them of course. So with a new device I suppose you would agree that it is good to buy from a reputable source with a good return policy and maybe consider the cost/benefit of an extended warranty.

Not having a trackpad is not a problem to me since I would prefer using a bluetooth mouse. Since the w3 is running a real windows system it should support a plug in device if desired.

Having a small portable device running the same windows as on laptops etc even though it does not support 64 bit seems like a real step forward for business and student use. Since the PB was put forth as a business tablet to begin with and BB10 still has features mainly aimed at this goal my point relevant to BB future success is they better be as much concerned, maybe more so, with what microsoft is doing as with the Apple/Android group. Maybe they ought to figure out how to run Windows on qnx.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-26-13 02:49 PM
    I bought a PB expecting that BB10 update would come. So far it's been an absolute disappointment, I will not get a Blackberry product any time soon. I still have my 4s and I was gonna get z10 but after how they handled the PB, I will lo longer commit to a company who does not deliver it's promises
    06-26-13 02:56 PM
    ^^Seeing your avatar, I'm convinced you meant it...

Posted via Z10
    06-27-13 12:38 AM
    06-27-13 09:10 PM
    I bought a PB expecting that BB10 update would come. So far it's been an absolute disappointment, I will not get a Blackberry product any time soon. I still have my 4s and I was gonna get z10 but after how they handled the PB, I will lo longer commit to a company who does not deliver it's promises
    Again... what promise did they break?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 09:46 PM
    Even if they will release a new playbook after all the lies of the company there will be no support from costumers

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using CB Forums mobile app
    Costumers eh? I suppose costumers can be customers too. ;-)
    06-27-13 10:14 PM
    There is more to America that the US??? Who knew... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Surely not the Mexicans.
    06-27-13 10:20 PM
    Again... what promise did they break?

Posted via CB10
    Who cares what promises, if anything, was implied or what. The issue is how the then RIM pitched and sold the Playbook in their vision of a tablet strategy. Hyping up that the cool must have apps will be also present within the Blackberry ecosystem. So we bought into that BS vision and paid top dollar while knowing that the Playbook was still built on a half-baked OS that was being promised to improve over time. Sure it got progressively better, however, none of those must haves that let the tablet shine had ever materialized. The sad fact is that Blackberry delivers software solutions at an anemic pace that their hardware tends to become antiquated before they manage to get it right or ever fix the self-imposed problems. Unfortunately, the sloppy strategy left them with a financial sing in the fanny and they are hoping that ignoring the ******* stepchild, the suckers who bought into it will just give up and buy another shiny device from them pitched with BB10 and forget that they ever purchased a doorstop from them. The Playbook is a product from Blackberry, it has their name on it and will forever be labeled as so. Putting BB10 on them will harmonize their strategy to deliver on their vision and remove the stigma associated with the Playbook due to their eternal software blunders over the years. In addition, those must have apps will now be present in some form or another since they are being targeted on the BB10 platform.

Since Thor is just a dumb bean-counter, then the only incentive he has to drive initiatives to deliver a BB10 solution for the Playbook is a financial one. Hitting Blackberry with financial penalties for customer dissatisfaction is the only thing that he understands, begging and whining for him to follow through on 'promises' just will be ignored. Voting with your pocket is a start. Refusal to spend any money on Blackberry products and services. Public discontent that hammers the stock value sufficiently to encourage a rethink by Blackberry on delivering a solution that their customers are demanding. The amount of money injected into getting it out for the Playbook is only a fraction of revenue loss due to customer backlash over time.
    06-27-13 10:36 PM
    The Playbook part of the forum has become a big yawn. In with new and out with the old I guess.
    The most interesting reads are people ******** about their new cell phones and this stuff -where is the OS update for the PlayBook? BlackBerry should release the update just to generate some good headlines and some excitement. I did not buy my device with the thought of getting the BB10 update, so if it comes for me hurrah. For those who await the update and are sitting on pins and needles I can see this as a painful experience. I am locked into my cell contract till the end of the year or I would be in the mix with all that z and q 10 stuff. But here I am reading another post about where is the BB 10 update. Have a beer guys and chill.
    06-27-13 10:40 PM
    Now people can say they broke a promise
    JeepBB, FF22 and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    06-28-13 08:05 AM
    yeah well this is dead now.
    The only thing I sort of hope for is that the 10.2 is compatible with PlayBook but isn't an official update. So they won't say anything but some tech savy will try and spread the word. Like that if the performances are not great, they cannot be blamed and many people can still have the bb10 pb if they want to.

Anyway this is just an exaggerated hope...

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:09 AM
    "Have a beer guys and chill." Was yesterdays advice. New day with bad news- how do you handle that? more beer. No update- I think most people new something was up so now you got straight from the top. It does make everything seem more desperate for the Waterloo crew.
    06-28-13 02:18 PM
    Just a little survey. If BlackBerry announced a PlayBook 2 or something with BB10, how many people here would buy it? After BlackBerry's betrayal, I want to see.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 02:23 PM
    Just a little survey. If BlackBerry announced a PlayBook 2 or something with BB10, how many people here would buy it? After BlackBerry's betrayal, I want to see.
    If it sold at the same price point as the PlayBook did, at the times I bought it (first, last September, �129 (UK Pounds) for the 64G model, and a few months back �99 (UK Pounds) for the 64G model), then in a heartbeat, if I I was slightly tempted into buying another gadget.

But then I've never truly bought into this advocacy and brand loyalty thing. When I'm buying something like a tablet, all I care about is what can it do, that I want it to do, and probably not fall apart, and the price is right.
    06-28-13 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Alas, not many people bought the PlayBook 1 or 2. :-(
    06-28-13 08:00 PM
    Really? They refer to North America without the North? What about South America? People would say America and South America to refer to both continents? Do you refer to the ends of our planet as the Pole and the South Pole? Do you think Canadians think of themselves as Americans? How about Mexican people?

Also, do you think zodbuster was excluding Asian, European and African corporations and intended his comment only towards corporations from "the Americas"?

Then, why is it not the United States of North America?

Many times, when I was in Europe, I was referred to as American. I would correct them and say that I am Canadian. They would say, "but you are from America". Then, I would explain.

In reality, Canadians and Mexicans are as "American" as those in the US, but they never want that distinction.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-13 12:43 PM
69 123