Hello everyone, I had read that bb 10 would supported the playbook with the 10.2 update. The playbooks resolution is included in the 10.2 update. I will try to go back and find where I read it and post the link on here. We can only hope the info in true.
    06-24-13 08:26 AM
    This comment from Thorsten tells me he doesn't have a very contemplative and creative mind. Perhaps he got to his position through other skills but innovation may not be one of them. Our experience with blackberry tells us a lack of innovation is rampant there.

He is absolutely nuts if he thinks tablets will not be around in 5 years. I find it hard to believe he even said it. There real estate in terms of screen size alone demands they stay around and not be replaced by smartphones. Even if somebody made a 10" smartphone (ridiculous of course) what you would still have is a tablet that you could make phone calls with.
    I think he was not very clear and definitely premature in his announcement if not the actual outcome he suggests. Conjecture is/was that a dumb "terminal/tablet" would be an appendage to a smart phone - merely a larger projection of the contents of the phone, hopefully, with enough smarts to use the screen real estate appropriately and not just magnified square (like the q10's hdmi out does on a large tv). But leaving the "tablet" gap as rim apparently is doing currently certainly can't earn very many customers.

I guess we shall see - a couple of things: if they survive long enough to show us something and what that something is!
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-24-13 09:13 AM
    Hello everyone, I had read that bb 10 would supported the playbook with the 10.2 update. The playbooks resolution is included in the 10.2 update. I will try to go back and find where I read it and post the link on here. We can only hope the info in true.
    Pb resolution thing in 10.2 is known to most.(I think)
    But still maybe they will release it for low end device with 1024*600.
    who knows.
    06-24-13 09:18 AM
    How do you cope with having to back out of everything with the back button? Open browser, visit a website, open several more websites and then to fully close everything you have to hit the back button like a person possessed instead of simply swipe up and hit the x like the pb??????
    Exactly.. that's what i like from my PB.. but this unclear situation about the upgrades is making me losing respect to Thor n BBRY.. they should do what they've said.. one brand, one promise they said.. and what do we got now? A promise cancelation? I hope someone can flag this thread to Thor..

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    06-24-13 09:32 AM
    Their bb 10 update is like pb booting screen rofl. Btw, i think os2.1 works fine.
    06-24-13 09:50 AM
    How do you cope with having to back out of everything with the back button? Open browser, visit a website, open several more websites and then to fully close everything you have to hit the back button like a person possessed instead of simply swipe up and hit the x like the pb??????
    There are fewer strokes just hitting the back button. It works well, and quickly.
    06-24-13 09:59 AM
    This is all a rumour at this point. The only official thing is that PlayBooks will get the upgrade in 2013.
    06-24-13 10:05 AM
    think it's time to do a reality check..typical corporate America con job... won't happen sadly, but there will be a really believable (?) explanation... just sold mine...
    bye bye Blackberry...I will miss you.
    American con job from a Canadian company???
    06-24-13 11:39 AM
    thought for the day===

if BB renigs on the "10" upgrade for the PB, will this open them up to litigation considering this was/is part of a sales promotion??? would this be akin to false advetising???
    06-24-13 11:44 AM
    This is all a rumour at this point. The only official thing is that PlayBooks will get the upgrade in 2013.
    You definitely emphasize that observation. Hopefully, your persistence will push to rim to do the right thing - oh, and do it WELL.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-24-13 11:55 AM
    thought for the day===

if BB renigs on the "10" upgrade for the PB, will this open them up to litigation considering this was/is part of a sales promotion??? would this be akin to false advetising???
    Anyone can be sued for anything. That does not mean there's actually a judgment in favor of such litigants. And consumer protection laws vary by jurisdiction.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-24-13 11:57 AM
    BB10 update for the playbook...-officialstatements.jpg

"Like a bridge over troubled water"
    FF22 and JeepBB like this.
    06-24-13 12:10 PM
    American con job from a Canadian company???
    You have to understand. In most countries, America refers to North America. They don't realise that the US believes it only refers to them.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    06-24-13 03:46 PM
    Yh, a direct answer would be nice. 'it's coming ' is vague and keeping customers second guessing...

Even if it's delayed.. and coming in 5 years time.. i wish they would just say!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 05:56 PM
    You have to understand. In most countries, America refers to North America. They don't realise that the US believes it only refers to them.
    There is more to America that the US??? Who knew... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 08:40 PM
    There is more to America that the US??? Who knew... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Well, not the Canadian who refer to themselves as, well, Canadian. I think that they refer to U.S. folks as United Statezers!
    06-24-13 08:45 PM
    You definitely emphasize that observation. Hopefully, your persistence will push to rim to do the right thing - oh, and do it WELL.
    Well, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. People keep proclaiming, "they've dropped the PlayBook", "broken promises not to deliver it in January/April/at all" but they haven't really done anything of the sort. I would like an update too one way or another but I won't really complain about a broken promise until the promise they made is actually broken.

Thorsten Heins Confirms That All Existing PlayBook Tablets Will Get BlackBerry 10 Software Updates - BerryReview

What will probably help the cause is if BlackBerry has to do some of the work in order to satisfy another initiative. Examples could be them creating a really low cost, low spec device for international markets for key carrier partners; or doing the UI work to support a new landscaped based tablet or phablet or display.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-25-13 12:04 PM

CAN SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING

Hi.
    06-25-13 12:42 PM
    I think he was not very clear and definitely premature in his announcement if not the actual outcome he suggests. Conjecture is/was that a dumb "terminal/tablet" would be an appendage to a smart phone - merely a larger projection of the contents of the phone, hopefully, with enough smarts to use the screen real estate appropriately and not just magnified square (like the q10's hdmi out does on a large tv). But leaving the "tablet" gap as rim apparently is doing currently certainly can't earn very many customers.

I guess we shall see - a couple of things: if they survive long enough to show us something and what that something is!
    A Monitor?

or how i like to call mine .....a Thorsten Heins.
    FF22 and Nickstarmaster like this.
    06-25-13 12:47 PM
    so now....coming soon ...from Blackberry.....the new 'dumb' tablet....you just hook it up (cable not included)....and show your friends your photos....or present your slideshows at the Corporate meetings...boy...the CEO will love it...We at Blackberry will be offering these 'dumb' tablets in various sizes....19inch and 21 inch....initially ....(as soon as our suppliers 'scrub' the names off the obsolete monitors...oh shoot sorry....) as soon as our suppliers , re modify , re brand, and of course re price or stockpile of 'dumb' tablets...We will then of course offer these at one of our many 'rollout' tours....we've already had Blackberry Jam...so we will call these rollouts ...Blackberry Jelly....cause baby got back...and it must be jelly cause jam don't shake like that....oops....forgot myself there...Regardless...because our fearless leader has announced the end of Actual Real Tablets...within five years....the new rollout and marketing campaign to introduce the 'dumb' playbook (we'll call it that...cause the old playbooks will be dead or non existent by then, and we don't want to waste valuable resources renaming)...will take 5 years....unless the Members of the Board...see fit to remove...the ***** that is in charge...Keeping with our previous price structuring model...we will be offering the 'dumb' playbook for $599 for the 19inch...and $699 for the 21 inch...

Just remember....buy Blackberry....we put the Dumb in tablets....
    FF22 likes this.
    06-25-13 01:11 PM
    for sale: Dumb tablet.....

its 19 inch version... ACER ....model

regards
    06-25-13 01:17 PM
    Let's all hassle blackberry ob twitter for an answer on BB10 for the PlayBook! Send a tweet to: @blackberry #needitnow

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 02:43 PM
    Really? They refer to North America without the North? What about South America? People would say America and South America to refer to both continents? Do you refer to the ends of our planet as the Pole and the South Pole? Do you think Canadians think of themselves as Americans? How about Mexican people?

Also, do you think zodbuster was excluding Asian, European and African corporations and intended his comment only towards corporations from "the Americas"?

06-25-13 03:15 PM
    I haven't charged my PlayBook in weeks, since I got my z10. Would love to use it again, but between the phone and my nexus 7 there's no point. Slow browser, etc. I would really like to know if bb10 for PlayBook is happening. A dfinitive answer from the company either way. Yes or no. Pretty simple stuff. Maybe we'll have an answer on Friday.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    06-25-13 10:30 PM
    A Monitor?

or how i like to call mine .....a Thorsten Heins.
    Thanks, you made my day.
    06-25-13 11:35 PM
69 123