I'm one of so much who are waiting to see BB10 on our PlayBook

Let us know, BlackBerry has any plan to upgrade our PlayBook os to BB10?
    We need more applications, so much more things
    05-16-13 06:09 AM
    It was announced early in the year that the PB would get BB10 in summer or late summer. Has anything been said to contradict that? Cite sources please.
    05-16-13 06:31 AM
    What?
    Who said that?
    The rumor was BB10 on palybook in June or July
    05-16-13 06:54 AM
    Thor said IF it happens it would be later in the year.

That is all.
    05-16-13 08:21 AM

That is all.
    There was never an if! There was a statement that PlayBook would get BB10!

Posted via CB10
    Carterbits and kbz1960 like this.
    05-16-13 09:43 AM
    There was never an if! There was a statement that PlayBook would get BB10!

Posted via CB10
    why haven't they talked about it yet on blackberry live?
    05-16-13 09:46 AM
    CB should jump on Thorsten's statement that 10 on PB absolutely was happening!!
    05-16-13 10:02 AM
    Mmmmmmmm Hitler said that he would never invade Poland but guess what? He did!
    05-16-13 10:11 AM
    Mmmmmmmm Hitler said that he would never invade Poland but guess what? He did!
    you had to go there
    05-16-13 10:16 AM
    why haven't they talked about it yet on blackberry live?
    Probably because they aren't going to follow through with their previous statements. They stated it would get BB10 to move units at the fire sale pricing, just like they stated/implied that all these apps and features were coming out soon after the original launch to simply move units. Whatever we will get, if anything will likely be a half *** implementation and then they will EOL the product.
    05-16-13 10:17 AM
    you had to go there
    "If you don't know me by now". Do you know I think they would be good lyrics for a song?
    05-16-13 10:36 AM
    "If you don't know me by now". Do you know I think they would be good lyrics for a song?
    I do.....I do...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 10:46 AM
    I do.....I do...
    Whoooaaaa up there dude, don't rush straight through to the wedding. What about some foreplay first?
    05-16-13 10:49 AM
    What just happened?!?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:52 AM

That is all.
    Actually Thorsten Heins stated the following on January 30, 2013 in an interview with CNBC (check from 6:40 to 6:55 in the video linked below)...

We will provide BlackBerry 10 software updates for all of the PlayBooks that are out there. So, the wifi and the 4G versions, they will all be upgradable to BlackBerry 10.

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/compone...bcplayershare/

If embedded video doesn't work (click the link above) or click below and scroll down to where the video is embedded...

Thorsten Heins Confirms That All Existing PlayBook Tablets Will Get BlackBerry 10 Software Updates - BerryReview

I hope BlackBerry follows through on Thor's statement. It's 3 months later and I would like to have an updated Playbook running BB10 with a proper bridge between my Z10 and my Playbook.

Not only is Thorsten Heins' reputation and integrity on the line, mine is as well because I recommended to all of my clients that they should buy the Playbook because it was the only device out at the time that would get BB10 when it was released (as per BlackBerry/RIM). If we don't get BB10 on the Playbook I'm the one who has to explain it to my clients.

Cheers,

Marc
    uncle_numpty, kbz1960 and mago72 like this.
    05-16-13 10:59 AM
    What just happened?!?

Posted via CB10
    oh gawd wouldn't I like to know
    05-16-13 11:11 AM
    Actually Thorsten Heins stated the following on January 30, 2013 in an interview with CNBC (check from 6:40 to 6:55 in the video linked below)...

We will provide BlackBerry 10 software updates for all of the PlayBooks that are out there. So, the wifi and the 4G versions, they will all be upgradable to BlackBerry 10.
    We should all be tweeting that statement back at BBRY - who knows - they may be so embarrased they give us an update.
    05-16-13 11:37 AM
    My bad on the if

He said it will come so it will.
    I would assume that completing the launch of the OS is more of a priority than the pb.
    Once bb10 is actually done launching, then they can put more focus into the pb.

But come on folks, let's get real.
    We all know the only advantage a pb has over the I pad is the flash video in the browser.
    That's literally it.
    The I pad is easily the best tablet there is.
    And I hate apple! If you look at my posts, I am a very loyal BlackBerry user.
    05-16-13 11:38 AM
    I hate Apple, I hate Android, I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY
    Actually I have Z10 and before always I had BlackBerry but I want BB10 on my PlayBook!
    Playbook OS 2.1 is obsolete
    Us, the users of PlayBook need BB10 on our Playbook WE NEED IT
    05-16-13 11:44 AM
    I think the issue right now is that the radio file in and of itself dictates how the OS runs, not only what "radio band/frequency" is being used.
    However, the PlayBook OS only loads the OS portion of the software in 2.1 OS and previous.
    When we load the BB10 OS on, it will boot, but then it won't know what to do, so it just hangs. Previously, I've tried to load the 10.0.9 beta on, and it would hang at desktop with no icons.
    I think if we can find a way to load some of the radio file processes on to the PlayBook, we may be able to get it running.
    However, how we can do that, I'm not sure, because I don't think we can just load the radio file as it is
    05-16-13 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD