I understand that BB 'promised' to give us 10 on the Playbook, and they haven't done that, but at this point I think it would be a waste of their resources. The thing is two years old now which makes it an antique in the technology world, and its doubtful BB10 would run very well anyways on the underpowered processor. If they are going to support a tablet, let them come out with a new one. As much as I like my Playbook, I think BB has better things to do right now and if getting BB10 on the Playbook means a delay to some of their other current programs then forget it. I don't know if you can even buy one now, so why would they waste their time?
    Sorry, this is not one of those: "can BB10 run on PlayBook" threads! This is a quest for an answer! An answer on what's going on! Are they developing something or has this been abandoned.

We just want news. Silence is unbearable! This is RIM all over again! Come on BBRY!

Posted via CB10
    gunnerfitzy and FF22 like this.
    06-25-13 02:30 PM
    I'm not claiming it's bad at all - in some respects it is great, and this is why I still have one.

I am simply stating that for those who purchased one new over the past 12 months (possibly the majority of owners), continued support should not seem so unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    Oh i can totally understand that. No one wants to find out they spent good $ on something that's 2months from being obsolete.
    06-25-13 02:38 PM
    They've said that it'll come later this year, and when Heins said q1 release for Z10 most people siad OMG March f bb. Instead it came out january 31st.

There's a working dev version of BB10 for the pb, and it's come along nicely. You can go try it, remember that on the z10 (q10 as well?) the idle usage for bb10 is 1gb of ram, that's all the pb has so obv there needs to be work done.

Peace,
    That working Dev version: are you referring to the Dev Alpha port to PlayBook that has been talked about a lot recently? Only asking as I am a Dev and as far as I know there is no official BB10 for PlayBook Beta from BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 02:55 PM
    Done, done, done.
    the_real_mikeyb likes this.
    06-25-13 03:38 PM
    I just wish that BlackBerry would put this to bed by answering the question. The ambiguous statements from Thor and the silence from everyone else should stop. It is the wrong way to behave.

Posted via CB10
    the_real_mikeyb and mago72 like this.
    06-25-13 03:55 PM
    How hard is it to say "NO" ? Stop acting like a wussy and face yo fkin customers. This silence will do no good to you or us. As one CB member said " Your silence is insulting" and disgusting if I may add.
    06-25-13 04:20 PM
    How hard is it to say "NO" ? Stop acting like a wussy and face yo fkin customers. This silence will do no good to you or us. As one CB member said " Your silence is insulting" and disgusting if I may add.
    True! So let's spread the word and get as many people to tweet @blackberry as possible! If they feel the demand then hopefully they feel inclined to make a statement of some sort!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 04:23 PM
    Great Idea OP. Let's get this trending on twitter.
    06-25-13 04:36 PM
    I just wish that BlackBerry would put this to bed by answering the question. The ambiguous statements from Thor and the silence from everyone else should stop. It is the wrong way to behave.

Posted via CB10
    In my opinion, Rim/BBRY has been very UNprofessional in dealing with this. You can almost read/see a sneer from Thor as he avoids the question. Clintonesque - "what's the definition of it?" I agree with most - answer "We are still working on it." Or perhaps the worst reply: "we don't think we can do it."
    mago72 likes this.
    06-25-13 04:39 PM
    I understand that BB 'promised' to give us 10 on the Playbook, and they haven't done that, but at this point I think it would be a waste of their resources. The thing is two years old now which makes it an antique in the technology world, and its doubtful BB10 would run very well anyways on the underpowered processor. If they are going to support a tablet, let them come out with a new one. As much as I like my Playbook, I think BB has better things to do right now and if getting BB10 on the Playbook means a delay to some of their other current programs then forget it. I don't know if you can even buy one now, so why would they waste their time?
    Man, people here just want a straight answer! Get this... they do not want to hear again just another insightfully excuse by a customer in anticipatory obedience. "Better do not expect, do not ask, do not critisize, do not hope...move on, waste your money on their new product"... Seems to be your guideline, so please follow the herd but do not annoy your fellow BlackBerry customers with your unsuportive BS if you're happy with the situation.

For me the BB10 update is a tipping point as customer. You're not going to fool me more then once BlackBerry!
    06-25-13 05:47 PM
    I didn't participate in this to moan and complain, but to remind BBRY that there is a demand for it. Almost every other thread here is full of speculation and b1tching. At least this one is a call to action, and I can support that.
    Agree! Nothing wrong with being proactive and showing interest in something worth supporting.
    06-25-13 05:48 PM
    I just wonder what people think is going to happen after we do or do not get BB10 on the Playbook. Not to be negative, rather factual, the PlayBook is Dead after BB10 and most likely won't be updated afterwards! It sucks, but it is old and BlackBerry has moved on to other things. I feel like everyone else when it comes to the Playbook on spending lots of lots of money on movies and games and them not transferring between devices. But sick it up and take it as a loss.

Typed via BB Z10. Find me on Twitter @ahsonn_carter
    06-25-13 05:56 PM
    I like this its true they should let us know what if anything is planned because at this point it doesn't look good. Personally I think they all know that BlackBerry10 is NOT coming and they should just let us know what's next if anything at all. 2.2? 3.0? 2.1.xxxx?

They wouldn't hesitate to answer about future plans for PlayBook when they were selling them and pumping people up for BlackBerry10...why so hush hush now?
    the_real_mikeyb and axllebeer like this.
    06-25-13 06:01 PM
    I like this its true they should let us know what if anything is planned because at this point it doesn't look good. Personally I think they all know that BlackBerry10 is NOT coming and they should just let us know what's next if anything at all. 2.2? 3.0? 2.1.xxxx?

They wouldn't hesitate to answer about future plans for PlayBook when they were selling them and pumping people up for BlackBerry10...why so hush hush now?
    Exactly! Thank you! Let's spread the word, tweet and get an answer! #needitnow

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:11 PM
    They report on Friday. Maybe they will announce something then...

Maaaaybee......

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:59 PM
    Just tweeted Alec Saunders too! Not sure if he would know but it's worth a shot!

Posted via CB10
    Better off tweeting Michael Clewley...
    06-25-13 08:05 PM
    BB10 on PlayBook is a waste of resources? Is using PB10 development as a way to shrink down BB10 to work with less RAM a waste of resources? I think BlackBerry needs to do this. Getting BB10 to use 500MB or less is essential for BB10 devices to remain relevant for a long time. Apps running plus headless apps running plus browser caches and all the little bits under 1GB of RAM will leave PB crippled as BB10 is now. This could be a good thing for BB. I don't see it as a waste of time but as a way to kill two birds with one stone. We just need them to say something. If 10.2 brings PB support it is possible 10.2 has been optimized for 1GB of RAM making it lighter and more efficient.
    06-25-13 11:22 PM
    Nah - you'll get a more coherent response from Michael Flately
    06-26-13 02:38 AM
    Agree. All Alec Saunders does is check in on Foursquare. Lol.

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    06-26-13 03:47 AM
    I don't see it as a waste of time but as a way to kill two birds with one stone. We just need them to say something. If 10.2 brings PB support it is possible 10.2 has been optimized for 1GB of RAM making it lighter and more efficient.
    This is a good perspective on it.

Posted via Z10
    06-26-13 04:47 AM
    Wouldn't it be better to flood Blackberry's own forums instead of the Twitterverse? Not that either will actually help IMHO btw, but flooding their own forum will make some people (mods for the most part) take notice - unless they take the messages down immediately - even if they won't respond either...
    06-26-13 05:19 AM
    Wouldn't it be better to flood Blackberry's own forums instead of the Twitterverse? Not that either will actually help IMHO btw, but flooding their own forum will make some people (mods for the most part) take notice - unless they take the messages down immediately - even if they won't respond either...
    The BlackBerry forums are community driven and NOT driven by BlackBerry. I doubt the word will reach the important guys.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    06-26-13 06:13 AM
    I hope good news for Playbook
    06-26-13 06:17 AM
    The BlackBerry forums are community driven and NOT driven by BlackBerry. I doubt the word will reach the important guys.
    Ah, I didn't know that. Good to know. Thanks!
    06-26-13 06:23 AM
    I've tried posing this question several time on the Blackberry Developer blog, but they always moderate the postings away.

Folks, these aren't the actions of an antipathetic entity. They are a direct, malicious attempt to shut down any and all discussion of BB10 for the Playbook. BB is now openly hostile to the PB community. They want us to just shut up and go away so they can focus on Thor's latest mobile computing concept-du-jour (whatever that is - seems to change from interview to interview).

Bottom Line: We've been screwed over and left for dead. This is worse even thant the HP/WebOS debacle since, unlike TouchPad owners, we can't root the device so that 3rd parties can continue to innovate and evolve the OS. The PB is now a dead-end product that's been abandoned by a duplicitous company that abused our loyalty in order to beta test an OS they'll never deliver to our community.

Welcome to the "new" BB!

RCK
    06-26-13 07:46 AM
147 1234 ...