BlackBerry is living up to its reputation again! I guess old habits die hard!

It's been 5 months since the launch of BB10 and a promise to have BB10 run on the PlayBook has gone unfulfilled!

Some will argue that it hasn't been unfulfilled as there has been no official news since that (broken) promise!

So let's force some news or a statement or something other than what I got back in may from BlackBerry UK:

@UK_BlackBerry: @the_real_mikeyb We
    do not have any further update to our plans for BlackBerry 10 on PlayBook at
    this time.

I have two PlayBooks, which I love, but need to know if it's worth sticking around for with a unsupported 2 year old device or move on and embrace another fruit or robot!

So send @blackberry, @blackberrydev or any of your local affiliates an tweet #needitnow asking where BB10 for PlayBook is!

Let's force an answer! #needitnow! ...desperately!!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 01:13 PM
    Done !

still in love with my z10 oreo !
    06-25-13 01:23 PM
    (@axllebeer) tweeted at 2:23 PM on Tue, Jun 25, 2013:
    @BlackBerry there is a whole world of us waiting for BB10 on our PlayBooks. Just remember not to forget about us. Sent from my #Bold9930
    (https://twitter.com/axllebeer/status/349593722138271744)

For what good it will do, done!
    06-25-13 01:25 PM
    And I tweeted this thread to @BlackBerry also.
    06-25-13 01:29 PM
    Nice one! As soon as u a get a reply (not holding my breath here) I will post it!

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    06-25-13 01:29 PM
    Ok so after sending that tweet, look at what I got.
    Think I've been spammed lol!
    Attached Thumbnails BB10 on PlayBook twitter campaign-capture14_31_39.jpg  
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-25-13 01:33 PM
    I got exactly the same stuff! One for each tweet! How bizarre! At least I know now where to turn if I don't get a satisfactory response from BlackBerry!

Satisfactory would mean a definite yes or no with a date when it is due to arrive!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 01:37 PM
    Just tweeted Alec Saunders too! Not sure if he would know but it's worth a shot!

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    06-25-13 01:47 PM
    Just tweeted Alec Saunders too! Not sure if he would know but it's worth a shot!

Posted via CB10
    He11 I didn't think of that. Why not right? He seems like a stand up guy.

I also sent this thread to him.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via the CB Forums App
    06-25-13 01:49 PM
    Can't you get it through your skull that we were told, "sometime this year", or "later this year"?

All this idle nattering about 'broken promises' is just blather & nonsense.

Grow up!
    pchapple13 and anon(3749235) like this.
    06-25-13 01:52 PM
    That's his twitter: @asaunders just in case you are not following him already! which every BB10 Dev should really!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 01:52 PM
    Can't you get it through your skull that we were told, "sometime this year", or "later this year"?

Grow up!
    Urgh, what's with the language? This is a public relations disaster! I got two of my friends to buy this device on the basis that BB10 will come to it!

Also have two of my own in addition to my Z10 which I use more often now due to the better apps on it!

I am pretty grown up! I wish blackberry was too and gave us an update! Remember last autumn? We had a timetable for BB10 deployment! There is none for BB10 on blackberry!

There was however a big bash in Amsterdam this year which I attended: no mentioning of PlayBook (as if it was dead)!

I just need to know if it's worth waiting or not!

Posted via CB10
    FF22, gokulesh and h20work like this.
    06-25-13 01:57 PM

Grow up!
    I didn't participate in this to moan and complain, but to remind BBRY that there is a demand for it. Almost every other thread here is full of speculation and b1tching. At least this one is a call to action, and I can support that.
    FF22, SEAWARRIOR, gokulesh and 1 others like this.
    06-25-13 02:01 PM
    Done (though have been doing so for some time).

Disagree entirely that this is childish - most educated sources have major doubts, believing BB10 on PlayBook has been abandoned. The copy-paste noncommittal responses seem to back this up.

In which case, PlayBook users have every right to kick up a stink.

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer, alieannie and h20work like this.
    06-25-13 02:08 PM
    Thanks Dude! Let's hope we do get an answer!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 02:09 PM
    Thanks Dude! Let's hope we do get an answer!

Posted via CB10
    Not trying to sound like a meanie but you won't. It's been said time and time again, when they have something to share that is new.. they'll share it. The best answer you're going to get from any of them is along the lines of "no new news at this time". Aside from that, what are you really expecting out of BlackBerry 10 for the PlayBook? It's not as if the PlayBook getting BlackBerry 10 is going to take years off of its life and all of a sudden make it amazing again.

At this point, it's a principle thing for most people. "They said they would, so they should follow through". Outside of the people here, most don't even know the PlayBook was ever even said to be getting BlackBerry 10. I can understand the principle thing and honestly, I wish they'd say something as well if not for anything else, but to stop people from wondering what's going on. If they killed it, they should say so.
    06-25-13 02:11 PM
    Sadness!

Thanks B1aze for the reply! Well, in that case I agree with the posters above: let's just remind blackberry that we love and care for the PlayBook!

Hopefully someone wakes up and gives us some news!

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-25-13 02:14 PM
    They've said that it'll come later this year, and when Heins said q1 release for Z10 most people siad OMG March f bb. Instead it came out january 31st.

There's a working dev version of BB10 for the pb, and it's come along nicely. You can go try it, remember that on the z10 (q10 as well?) the idle usage for bb10 is 1gb of ram, that's all the pb has so obv there needs to be work done.

Peace,
    Pulkit Kamal likes this.
    06-25-13 02:15 PM
    Not trying to sound like a meanie but you won't. It's been said time and time again, when they have something to share that is new.. they'll share it. The best answer you're going to get from any of them is along the lines of "no new news at this time"
    Surely it is both perfectly straightforward, and far better PR, for BlackBerry to answer either:

a) yes we will, we haven't abandoned this

or

b) sorry, we know you'll be disappointed but we had to abandon this.

There is no benefit in this apparent washing their hands of their product and hoping people will forget.

They don't NEED to have anything new to share. Just the above.

Posted via CB10
    FF22, bozvandam and BB_Bmore like this.
    06-25-13 02:18 PM
    Not trying to sound like a meanie but you won't. It's been said time and time again, when they have something to share that is new.. they'll share it. The best answer you're going to get from any of them is along the lines of "no new news at this time"
    Eh, that's Ok. Like I said, I'm not being hostile about it, just showing support of a 2 yr old tablet. Doesn't happen very often. Wouldn't see it on IMore or AndroidCentral.

If anything is said back from this, regardless of what it said, that means someone read it. And that's all that matters.
    06-25-13 02:19 PM
    (another) tweet sent.

I just want a straight answer to a straight question. Surely that's not too much to ask for!

Posted via CB10 & my Z10
    FF22 and the_real_mikeyb like this.
    06-25-13 02:23 PM
    Eh, that's Ok. Like I said, I'm not being hostile about it, just showing support of a 2 yr old tablet. Doesn't happen very often. Wouldn't see it on IMore or AndroidCentral.

If anything is said back from this, regardless of what it said, that means someone read it. And that's all that matters.
    It may be a 2 year old tablet, but it was also one which BlackBerry pushed to sell with aggressive price cuts and their BB10 promise. They sold large quantities over the past 12 months, so the majority of us probably haven't had it that long.

Posted via CB10
    the_real_mikeyb and h20work like this.
    06-25-13 02:23 PM
    I understand that BB 'promised' to give us 10 on the Playbook, and they haven't done that, but at this point I think it would be a waste of their resources. The thing is two years old now which makes it an antique in the technology world, and its doubtful BB10 would run very well anyways on the underpowered processor. If they are going to support a tablet, let them come out with a new one. As much as I like my Playbook, I think BB has better things to do right now and if getting BB10 on the Playbook means a delay to some of their other current programs then forget it. I don't know if you can even buy one now, so why would they waste their time?
    06-25-13 02:24 PM
    It may be a 2 year old tablet, but it was also one which BlackBerry pushed to sell with aggressive price cuts and their BB10 promise. They sold large quantities over the past 12 months, so the majority of us probably haven't had it that long.

Posted via CB10
    I love it. Had mine over 2 years. Purchase price for me was $599 + tax. And half of that cost was saved using bridge.
    06-25-13 02:26 PM
    I love it. Had mine over 2 years.
    I'm not claiming it's bad at all - in some respects it is great, and this is why I still have one.

I am simply stating that for those who purchased one new over the past 12 months (possibly the majority of owners), continued support should not seem so unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 02:29 PM
147 123 ...