Hi Guys A friend of mine works in BB. He told me that bb10 for playbook would be released by latest 30th June. Can anyone confirm this?
    haaahhh...why do you ask us to confirm what your friend was telling you???
    06-27-13 09:58 AM
    Mr. T just told me "I pity the fool"
    06-27-13 10:07 AM
    Once upon a time ................................ and 1,000 years ago there was prince who was looking for his princess

Sorry wrong forum ...................
    06-27-13 10:22 AM
    Big Foot, Loch Ness, Piltdown Man, fairies, mermaids and BB10 on PlayBook, they all have in common...

They are all hoaxes!

Posted via Z10
    You forgot MAN BEAR PIG!BB10 For Playbook?-images.jpg
    06-27-13 10:36 AM
    My sources: "It hasn't been discussed in meetings yet.."
    06-27-13 11:13 AM
    I strongly believe that an update is coming but the time line and the PR is proving to be a disaster. There are two sides to the timeline issue:

The Up Side
    The last major update to the PlayBook was 2.1 in October 2012 and not even a year has passed that and at times I do feel we have been overzealous in pressurising BlackBerry with an update on their progress. The PR strategy is a total mess and cannot be defended (so no two sides for that)

The Flipside
    What bothers me is that the time that BlackBerry might actually take deploying the OS as there is not even a beta version made available for the PlayBook. If you look at the patterns followed earlier, the OS 2.0 beta was released in October 2011 and the final release was made available in Feb 2012. I assume a similar deployment again since the update is going to be a huge leap from OS 2.1 and the transition will take a longer time due to the concerns surrounding the app support.
    Now that we analyse the present, we dont even have a beta candidate which clearly means that the final release may be really far away. The PlayBook community have already started reporting that the PlayBooks are packed away in their boxes and such delays will force many more users to move to an Android tablet for better performance and when the time comes for an BB10 update, there will be few PlayBook users left. The technology industry is now moving faster than ever and we cannot expect to be progressing at our earlier pace.

I just hope BlackBerry does manage to surprise us on this front.
    06-27-13 11:49 AM
    You just ignited the fireworks in a bunch of people by quoting a BlackBerry source and backtracked with so little effort. So how reliable was your source?? haha.. Are you sure he didn't mention a beta candidiate.
    Thank You Guys. I think I would have to wait till the end of this year to see the update.
    06-27-13 11:56 AM
    The end...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-13 08:03 AM
    I've actually known the truth before the official announcement for the past week now. I work right next to BlackBerry and have some friends that know insider info. But the denial of bb10 is not what bothers me... it's the lack of information regarding future updates and misleading customers by not communicating.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-28-13 08:08 AM
    I've actually known the truth before the official announcement for the past week now. I work right next to BlackBerry and have some friends that know insider info. But the denial of bb10 is not what bothers me... it's the lack of information regarding future updates and misleading customers by not communicating.

If you do know, would you care to enlighten us what is the future for the PlayBook. Any improvements to the software or dropped completely.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    06-28-13 08:19 AM
    If you do know, would you care to enlighten us what is the future for the PlayBook. Any improvements to the software or dropped completely.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    I'll have to ask. All I know was that bb10 wasn't coming but it doesn't mean all pb updates are done. I'll let you guys know.

06-28-13 08:25 AM
36 12