we definately needed a new thread for this
    You're right. I'm gonna go start one right now!
    02-06-13 06:01 AM
    it is funny though that BB's favourite word ("soon") it has now been replaced by the words "later this year"....a wind of change? (sorry, couldn't resist) ...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-13 06:05 AM
    'We'll get there when we get there!'

As my Dad would yell from the front of the car.
    dave_h_946 and 19GhostRider71 like this.
    02-06-13 06:09 AM
    Later this year... according to Mr. Alec Saunders, BlackBerry VP Developer Relations...
    Then I'm certainly not going to count on it ever coming out. By that time, it will be a 2 1/2 year old device. In Tech Years, that's 100 years old.
    02-06-13 06:19 AM
    I was reading this article from Kevin on CB.

And I was wondering....
    If BB is to create a BB10 OS that can run smoothly on our 1GB RAM PBs, it then means that the "new" OS will lack some features compared to BB10 running on the Z10 (I am not a developer/programmer myself so I may be horribly wrong).
    On the other hand, if they can make it run on our 1GB RAM PBs smoothly the way BB10 currently is, then why they didn't do it with the Z10?

I guess my worry is that when and if ever the BB10 will come to our PBs it will lack important features - functionality and in the end we will have to decide either to stay with the current OS or move to a less than a "complete" OS (compared to the Z10's one)
    02-06-13 08:52 AM
    We have been very supportive and patient with them and if they want to keep in the tablet market they should bring bb10 to the playbook, even a slimmed down version.
    02-06-13 09:08 AM
    I know its possible to put the current version of bb10 on to a dev alpha b, is it possible to use the same package to install onto a playbook? i mean it probably wont work perfectly but its worth a try, I know that the beta of bb10 worked on playbook but the functionality was heavily lacking.
    02-06-13 09:58 AM
    I was reading [URL="http://crackberry.com/how-id-see-blackberry-10-come-blackberry-playbook?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook"]And I was wondering....
    If BB is to create a BB10 OS that can run smoothly on our 1GB RAM PBs, it then means that the "new" OS will lack some features compared to BB10 running on the Z10 (I am not a developer/programmer myself so I may be horribly wrong).
    On the other hand, if they can make it run on our 1GB RAM PBs smoothly the way BB10 currently is, then why they didn't do it with the Z10?
    Here's an insight... BlackBerry did not make the Z10 less than 1.5GHz Dual-core and 2GB RAM, even BB10 would still be able to run smoothly on hardware specs like PlayBook (i.e. 1GHz Dual-core & 1GB RAM) simply because they want to maximize the profit of BB10 OS... If they will make Z10 or Q10 less specs than they were, not only that they will be branded as "pre-historic" but there will be no excuse for BlackBerry not to upgrade Bold Touch 9900, 9790, 9860, P'9981, and so on...

If BB10 can be installed and will run smoothly in PlayBook, then it can also be installed and should run smoothly in some previous BlackBerry mobile phones having similar specs like PB (or even better)... but this will decrease (if not totally halt) the sale of Z10 and Q10...
    02-06-13 10:27 AM
    Here's an insight... BlackBerry did not make the Z10 less than 1.5GHz Dual-core and 2GB RAM, even BB10 would still be able to run smoothly on hardware specs like PlayBook (i.e. 1GHz Dual-core & 1GB RAM) simply because they want to maximize the profit of BB10 OS... If they will make Z10 or Q10 less specs than they were, not only that they will be branded as "pre-historic" but there will be no excuse for BlackBerry not to upgrade Bold Touch 9900, 9790, 9860, P'9981, and so on...

If BB10 can be installed and will run smoothly in PlayBook, then it can also be installed and should run smoothly in some previous BlackBerry mobile phones having similar specs like PB (or even better)... but this will decrease (if not totally halt) the sale of Z10 and Q10...
    No for the old phones. Completely different processors, ram, video. No the old phones might run a limited version but what for.
    02-06-13 10:32 AM
    ^^Saying those things are like saying "No for the PlayBook. Completely different processors, ram, video. No the PlayBook might run a limited version but what for"...
    02-06-13 11:10 AM
    ^^Saying those things are like saying "No for the PlayBook. Completely different processors, ram, video. No the PlayBook might run a limited version but what for"...
    No it isn't. The PB is a much different beast than the phones.
    02-06-13 11:27 AM
    As others iterated, I'd prefer more (and stable) applications for the current OS, vice a new OS with less application support.

And please don't push BB 10 OS on my 9930, which runs beautifully under its current iteration of OS 7.x. Let others serve as test subjects.
    02-06-13 11:30 AM
    Kevin is saying what i think we all have been thinking. I have had it in the back of my mind for along time. The idea Kevin has is great IMO. He was talking about this on the webcast the other night and he is right. If they can get the bb10 games/apps on the PB the experience will probably be better than trying to load bb10, slimmed down or not, on the PB. They mention free RAM on the Z hovered around 800-900 free i think most times meaning that 1GB was basically being used. BB is running up against the laws of computing.
    02-06-13 11:30 AM

none of the previous devices have dual core CPUs FYI. Even if the RAM is there, your CPU would be the issue.
    02-06-13 11:34 AM
    Its obvious that releasing BB10 for the playbook is more of an experiment then to please their users, at least if the update end of this year is true. By that time this hardware is none too new anymore and we'll want something better, it isn't exactly new already. I'm not bashing BB either, just my take and feelings on it.
    Woaa up there partner. Did I miss something during the video?

When did bb start caring about pleasing their customers? I did go down to the cellar for another bottle of brandy but it didn't take me two years!
    02-06-13 11:37 AM
    Kevin is saying what i think we all have been thinking. I have had it in the back of my mind for along time. The idea Kevin has is great IMO. He was talking about this on the webcast the other night and he is right. If they can get the bb10 games/apps on the PB the experience will probably be better than trying to load bb10, slimmed down or not, on the PB. They mention free RAM on the Z hovered around 800-900 free i think most times meaning that 1GB was basically being used. BB is running up against the laws of computing.
    I have seen the Dev B, running the same (just about) specs as the 4G PB, running with about 250mb free after a fresh boot. Granted, this is on the full OS, not any slimmed down version. While slimming it down and removing features (well NFC for one, potentially DLNA, toning down the visual effects, etc) will help tremendously, it will still be a hard sell.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-06-13 11:42 AM
    Plz dont tell me to use the search function because i didnt find an answer to my question
    thnx
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ancing-766835/
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-06-13 11:48 AM
    I was reading this article from Kevin on CB.

And I was wondering....

I guess my worry is that when and if ever the BB10 will come to our PBs it will lack important features - functionality and in the end we will have to decide either to stay with the current OS or move to a less than a "complete" OS (compared to the Z10's one)
    Hey dude, the Galaxy S3 for example is more powered than needed. Previous iphones can run os of next gen etc...
    it doesn't mean anythuing what you saying. Mac sold with Leopard were able to upgrade to snow leopard...

The power of the Z10 is not just the minimum to run BB10, it's above that. It's powerfuk enough to last for 2 or 3 years.
    Playbook can run that OS don't worry about that, but in one year maybe, it won't be able to run some new apps or games because these will need more specs.

And stop believing that Playbook10 can have a negative impact on Z10 sales... Ipad do the same with iphones ?
    Yeay i have an Ipad i'm gonna sell my iphone right now... lol stop the bs
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-06-13 11:48 AM
    I have seen the Dev B, running the same (just about) specs as the 4G PB, running with about 250mb free after a fresh boot. Granted, this is on the full OS, not any slimmed down version. While slimming it down and removing features (well NFC for one, potentially DLNA, toning down the visual effects, etc) will help tremendously, it will still be a hard sell.
    Mmmmmmmm, now I understand why I, at the age of 7yrs old I did an in depth analysis of those so called 'grown up intelligent people'. It was around this same time that I came to the realisation that sadly, they did not impress me whatsoever. Based on the results of my findings I decided that I did not want to grow up and would stay a child, which I find both more amusing and intelligent.

I also concluded that this type of grown up would not let me continue my happiness endlessly and would eventually force me to be like them and grow up. Therefore I devised a cunning plan which I programmed into my DNA (which you must admit is difficult at 7yrs old) to ensure that if this ever happens, I want to become a Fireman or a Train Driver!
    lexluthorxx likes this.
    02-06-13 12:02 PM
    later this year...the BB corporate motto!
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    02-06-13 12:35 PM
    we definately needed a new thread for this
    Definitely. I wonder why this question has never been asked before. Kudos to the OP for being ahead of the gang.
    02-06-13 12:45 PM
    A roadmap shown during summer 2012 was mentionning an expected release trimestre Q2 2013 (for bb os10 on pb)
    The information isn t r�cent but could give the pace...
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-06-13 12:46 PM
    Hey dude, the Galaxy S3 for example is more powered than needed. Previous iphones can run os of next gen etc...
    it doesn't mean anythuing what you saying. Mac sold with Leopard were able to upgrade to snow leopard...

The power of the Z10 is not just the minimum to run BB10, it's above that. It's powerfuk enough to last for 2 or 3 years.
    Playbook can run that OS don't worry about that, but in one year maybe, it won't be able to run some new apps or games because these will need more specs.

And stop believing that Playbook10 can have a negative impact on Z10 sales... Ipad do the same with iphones ?
    Yeay i have an Ipad i'm gonna sell my iphone right now... lol stop the bs
    I just love this guy! Mind you what you really meant is that no company would be stupid enough to release a product supposed to save the company from disaster that did not have enough muscle to last. However, don't forget we are dealing with RIM here and so far track history suggests that yes they could!
    02-06-13 02:07 PM
    So it's more BS from BlackBerry that our PB will get BB10? If so sad and not good.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-06-13 03:40 PM
    So it's more BS from BlackBerry that our PB will get BB10? If so sad and not good.
    Doesn't matter!
    02-06-13 03:54 PM
73 123