06-29-13 07:11 PM
32 12
tools
    I was told yesterday by BB technical support that no further updates or patches will be provided for the playbook. There is an issue where the playbook cannot obtain and IP address from the DHCP server on the wifi hotspot on the 9900 latest software 7.1.0.912. They confirmed this is bug. They said that they would most likely fix it in the 9900 patch and push it to the carriers. Since all my other devices (Windows, Mac, Linux) can connect to the 9900, I asked if they could just patch the playbook. He said there are no patches coming to the playbook.

You cannot trust what Thor says.
    Sounds about right, love what OS 2.1.0.1526 gives you bugs'n'all. The same things that the now unemployed ex-RIMers have been saying for quite a while.
    06-29-13 10:51 AM
    [QUOTE=F2;8730315]Ahem, but that was George! [/QUOTE

I stand by my earlier comment
    06-29-13 10:54 AM
    Ahem, but that was George!
    Yeah, I think Abe was the guy that told 'em George did it. The cherry tree fragments probably gave the game away anyway.

Neither of them were good at lying... unlike Honest Thor.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-29-13 12:08 PM
    Yeah, I think Abe was the guy that told 'em George did it. The cherry tree fragments probably gave the game away anyway.

Neither of them were good at lying... unlike Honest Thor.
    Who asked you to intervene in an AMERICAN history lesson?!!!???!? I mean YOUR people messed it up, ahem, royally. It could be been King Barack
    06-29-13 03:39 PM
    Who asked you to intervene in an AMERICAN history lesson?!!!???!? I mean YOUR people messed it up, ahem, royally. It could be been King Barack
    It's no good F2. Whatever you say, and however much you beg, we're not taking you back into the comforting embrace of the British Empire!

It may have been just a shipload of tea to you, but it's the principle of the thing. And, to this day, no American has ever succeeded in making a proper cup of tea like me Mum used to make. And it's ALL George's (III and W) fault, and probably Thor's fault too... so there.

Actually, my Mum's tea is awful - it's the water I think - but, but, ... that's not the point.

You'll just have to deal with the problems that voting for Presidents brings...
    06-29-13 04:47 PM
    Maybe it means that BBWorld will still remain open for another month or two!
    It doesn't matter how long BB World remains open. There will not be any new contents. The developers will move on..............

The BB loyalist will move on...............

Hey the BB Keep Moving project is working !!!!!!
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-29-13 04:57 PM
    You're mixing up my posts, Vurhan. On one hand I'd like to see a development on the PBOS and some features to be added. Im aware of the PB being not up to date anymore, but it could perform better.
    On the other hand I like Mr. Heins for not throwing unfinished and too buggy stuff on the market.

Phil

Posted via CB10
    If Thor would just come out and admit it telling the playbook users that the company had try to bring BB10 to playbooks but fail. The news might not have come across as breaking a promise by simply saying BB10 will not be coming to the playbook. This is a CEO of a company. When making a statement, every word and how it's being phrase matter.
    06-29-13 07:11 PM
32 12