Let's just hope not!
    06-04-12 09:02 PM
    BB10 will absolutely not be the end of PlayBook. But I fear that Windows 8 is gonna give us some major headaches.
    I love my Playbook and I use it an awful lot. But it will be knocked down to my secondary device when I get my claws on a win 8 rt tablet.

One think I do know is i'll never get rid of my Playbook. She's a sturdy beast.
    06-04-12 09:26 PM
    No, I don't think BB 10 is the end for playbook. I like Playbook
    06-05-12 07:34 PM
    Don't worry about your Playbook. PB's and BB10 phones will happily co-exist.

BUT we do want RIM to keep innovating, even if many are comfortable.
    The next real new generation of technology will replace something that is "comfortable" today, even if everyone doesn't switch right away and the revolution evolves. Whatever it is, RIM better be there. (we're talking about something beyond BB10)
    06-05-12 10:06 PM
    axllebeer and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-05-12 11:30 PM
    I heard that BlackForest (10" PlayBook) is still in the plans... so no its not dying/dead etc.
    You misinterpreted Thorsten's statement. He said he wanted someone to bake him a 10-inch diameter BlackForest Cake. You know the delicious chocolate cake from Germany, his native country.
    06-05-12 11:53 PM
    That's true I guess. However, what I love right now is that my PlayBook doesn't sync with my phone. The data is pulled straight off it. That's great for security and ease of use as well as being a pure example of this whole "second display for your phone" idea that I'm so happy with.
    Hey I love the playbook too and I don't have a bb phone. RIM really did try to appease to consumers like you which was their fatal flaw Imo.

The mainstream user doesn't want to have to use bridge to use certain functions that other tablets on the market can do by themselves. That's why those users eventually get an ipad, Samsung galaxy, etc.

It might be great for you but it limits the product's potential and alienates potential customers.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-06-12 12:24 AM
    IPhone and iPad seem to coexist quite well, so should bb10 phones with PlayBook, especially with bridge.

BB10 on Playbook will be a very nice upgrade for current pb,s, hopefully in 2012.

The 4g PlayBook will be a small player, as most folks who need radio support for pb already have it from bridge. The 4g model could be a player, but it will depend on pricing to sell to folks who don,t want the to pay for a plan.

So that's probably it for this year.

A 10 inch model with bb10 and upgraded specs would be nice in 1Q/2013, if they want to stay in the tablet space.

The PlayBook needs a complete relaunch in 2013, maybe even a new name.

However the current uncertainty about the future of RIM, let alone PlayBook makes the tablet a tough sell.
    06-06-12 01:08 AM
    I think if RIM did away with the tablet, the stock would fall even farther. Look at all the other device makers. One must have a tablet or be left behind. The sheer genious and beauty is that the PB is an extension of the BB. No other device does that now that I'm aware of. Other tablets may use features of a device (hotspot app comes to mind) but they do not share info like the Bridge app supports.

No, having a tablet is like having a website. It gives the company validity in the market.
    06-06-12 06:56 AM
    have you guys seen the QNX car demo where 3 PlayBooks are linked and can share files like it was only one? This is what I'm waiting for. Bridge is nice for now but having a BBX phone and PB (hooked into a monitor + keyboard and mouse) will be what will replace one Mac at home. Well not replaced but relocated anyway. So I really hope that there will be a new PB coming eventually
    06-06-12 08:01 AM
    It could be the end of Playbook as for most people carrying 2 nearly similar devices is really not that practical.
    06-06-12 08:57 AM
    BB10 FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ** yeah
    06-06-12 01:10 PM
    PB will only be improved by the release of BB10 in my opinion. It will get BB10 software, and will therefore meld better with a BB10 device.
    06-06-12 05:21 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD