Hi,

I installed BB10 Dev Alpha On My PlayBook with the instructions of CrackBerry, the installation gone well, but The Browser Didn't work, so I decided to Remove BB10, the instructions where saying that if the installation goes wrong, you can Cancel everything and get back to the Original OS using Desktop Software, so, my question is : "How to do it ????"

PLZ Help Me, I Would Really Appreciate Some Help !!!
    01-11-14 03:17 PM
    Strange coincidence. I just installed Autoload-DevAlphaB-10.2.1.1927 onto my Dev Alpha B unit tonight. Noticed I only had one frame's worth of app icons (14 icons total). Thought it strange, so I went and checked around the device... even looked under settings/about/hardware. Says I have 1GB RAM total with 463.3MB free. Definitely excited! I definitely think this OS can run on my PlayBook. Was thinking about trying to run it on the cracked unit I have but, now that I've seen this post, I'll have to wait and see where this goes.

I did a quick search and unfortunately came up empty on how to help you revert. I saw the instructions were to use DingleBerry. Only solution I have is to see if the leaked OS I was planning on using above would put your PlayBook into a usable format as it's the latest.
    01-11-14 09:16 PM
    do you have a link to the file? I would like to try installing it on my Playbook
    01-11-14 10:18 PM
    Strange coincidence. I just installed Autoload-DevAlphaB-10.2.1.1927 onto my Dev Alpha B unit tonight. Noticed I only had one frame's worth of app icons (14 icons total). Thought it strange, so I went and checked around the device... even looked under settings/about/hardware. Says I have 1GB RAM total with 463.3MB free. Definitely excited! I definitely think this OS can run on my PlayBook. Was thinking about trying to run it on the cracked unit I have but, now that I've seen this post, I'll have to wait and see where this goes.

I did a quick search and unfortunately came up empty on how to help you revert. I saw the instructions were to use DingleBerry. Only solution I have is to see if the leaked OS I was planning on using above would put your PlayBook into a usable format as it's the latest.
    So what happened to your other apps (assume you had more)?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 11:15 PM
    OK. This is what you need to do:

Take your tablet to a PC that has BlackBerry Desktop Software installed.

Plug the tablet in via USB while BlackBerry Desktop Software is running.

Restart the tablet. You can get away with just holding down power until it shuts off and then hit power again.

You should get a message on your PC offering you an option to "repair". Do it. This will take some time. It will download the latest debrick file and restore your device.

Do NOT install the Dev Alpha builds of BB10 again without setting the date to 9/24/12. Do NOT power down your tablet until you roll the date back to this date. This OS has a built in expiry date which causes you to get this message.

Do not attempt to install anything newer than 10.0.9.388 under any circumstances. If you do, you will need a new PlayBook. The OS will not boot and WILL blacklist every OS that can in NVRAM.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4067838) and Carl Estes like this.
    01-12-14 01:04 AM
    01-12-14 04:51 AM
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! The Update Has Started !!!!!! Thank you so much for your support !!!
    01-12-14 04:56 AM
    OK. This is what you need to do:

Take your tablet to a PC that has BlackBerry Desktop Software installed.

Plug the tablet in via USB while BlackBerry Desktop Software is running.

Restart the tablet. You can get away with just holding down power until it shuts off and then hit power again.

You should get a message on your PC offering you an option to "repair". Do it. This will take some time. It will download the latest debrick file and restore your device.

Do NOT install the Dev Alpha builds of BB10 again without setting the date to 9/24/12. Do NOT power down your tablet until you roll the date back to this date. This OS has a built in expiry date which causes you to get this message.

Do not attempt to install anything newer than 10.0.9.388 under any circumstances. If you do, you will need a new PlayBook. The OS will not boot and WILL blacklist every OS that can in NVRAM.

Posted via CB10
    Dam good post!
    Job well done.
    anon(4067838) and Carl Estes like this.
    01-12-14 10:29 AM
    So what happened to your other apps (assume you had more)?
    I had three frames worth. I installed Autoload-STL100-3-10.2.1.1927 on the Z10 and it worked just fine so didn't think anything of it when updating the Dev Alpha. I'll try the Dev Alpha install again just in case it was a bad install. Both times, install was very quick unlike other leaks.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    01-12-14 08:08 PM
    I had three frames worth. I installed Autoload-STL100-3-10.2.1.1927 on the Z10 and it worked just fine so didn't think anything of it when updating the Dev Alpha. I'll try the Dev Alpha install again just in case it was a bad install. Both times, install was very quick unlike other leaks.
    Dev os are for developers and lack many apps and function install 10.2.1.1925 instead

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 08:27 PM