Hello,

Need a help in bridging .. If I enable wifi and use the infrastructure mode of wifi in the blackberry along with bridging the playbook, which internet will the playbook use. Wifi with infrastructure mode or the carrier internet ?
    01-18-12 08:07 AM
    WiFi has priority for all navigation and apps when both are enabled.

Bridge apps will use your phones data plan.
    01-18-12 09:11 AM
    WiFi has priority for all navigation and apps when both are enabled.

Bridge apps will use your phones data plan.
    Thanks..
    I was referring to wifi from the BB via bridge (infrastructure mode with the bright white wifi symbol).

Not the direct wifi which the PB can get by connecting to a wifi router.

So... Wifi router > BB wifi (infrastructure mode) > bridge > PB
    01-18-12 09:18 AM
    Ok... Let me do some test to see if that even works on it's own...

EDIT: How cool is this... Carrier off on the 9780 and WiFi off on the PlayBook. Bridge is working through the 9780's WiFi.

So, to answer your question: You pay nothing for that since it is over WiFi.
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-18-12 at 09:34 AM.
    01-18-12 09:30 AM
    Ok... Let me do some test to see if that even works on it's own...

Reason is, if that works, we get the goodies of bridging with a BB (mails , calendar etc)
    but at the speed of wifi. I also do not have to worry about my 3G bills since I will be using my own wifi to connect to RIM NOC.

So every app that needs bridge to work (may not be a lot , but still) will work on wifi speeds which are usually faster than the 3g speeds.
    01-18-12 09:35 AM
    Reason is, if that works, we get the goodies of bridging with a BB (mails , calendar etc)
    but at the speed of wifi. I also do not have to worry about my 3G bills since I will be using my own wifi to connect to RIM NOC.

So every app that needs bridge to work (may not be a lot , but still) will work on wifi speeds which are usually faster than the 3g speeds.
    Not quite. Bridge uses Bluetooth and so communication between PB and your smartphone will be limited to maximum BT throughput (which is much lower than WiFi speeds)
    01-18-12 09:50 AM
    Not quite. Bridge uses Bluetooth and so communication between PB and your smartphone will be limited to maximum BT throughput (which is much lower than WiFi speeds)

Agreed. Do you feel this slowness due to bluetooth ? Is it reducing your 3g speed during a typical bridge

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    01-18-12 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD