Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    06-15-10 03:45 AM
    RIM needs to concentrate on giving us a new OS thats groundbreaking, (possibly OS6), and stop trying to compete with Apple in the tablet market.
    06-15-10 04:29 AM
    I will by one for sure I say it will be priced at $299
    06-15-10 06:22 AM
    Atleast PALM was smart enough to kill their tablet when they knew it wouldn't work.

Business people are flocking to the iPad (ironic but I've seen it first hand numerous times) for tablet needs.
    06-15-10 10:10 AM
    RIM needs to concentrate on giving us a new OS thats groundbreaking, (possibly OS6), and stop trying to compete with Apple in the tablet market.

AGREED! And IF OS6 proves successful, then revisit tablet idea if the market demands it.
    06-15-10 11:20 AM
    A linear development strategy would kill any company. Here's how it works: work on the products at hand to continue to support them while having a number of new offerings in the pipe.

Not only that, but as they work on OS6 they probably already have plans in place for OS7.

Every company does this and it makes sense. Otherwise you would see one product every 3 years from them and nothing more.
    06-15-10 12:22 PM
    I swear Apple has brain washed everyone, we don't need to follow Apple be innovative.
    06-15-10 02:25 PM
    this will definitely kick the ipad's ***!!!
    06-15-10 02:25 PM
    firstly this story is like a month and a half old already. secondly for them to be testing it now means they have been working on it for a long time, waaay before the iPad was ever announced.
    and if you believe palm (hp) wont launch a webOS based tablet, then your just not seeing it.

yes its not `innovative` to `follow` apple, however as i sadi they prob didnt know apple was gonna go that way, and apple have proved once and for all that there is a market for such a device, so why shouldnt companies go for it? or should they rest on their laurels and just not make anything new
    06-15-10 02:31 PM
    None of this news is new. They have demos of OS 6 and yes it does have those features the WSJ article mentioned.
    06-15-10 05:36 PM
    Let's see all the people that questioned the need the for an iPad go ahead a rationalize the need for a blackberry tablet.
    06-15-10 07:28 PM
    interesting bit of info
    06-15-10 08:14 PM
    None of this news is new. They have demos of OS 6 and yes it does have those features the WSJ article mentioned.
    The slider BB and OS 6 news is old, but the tablet news is new. Keep in mind that the article is talking about several things at once.

The tablet however is something else altogether. It may not even be an OS 6 device. We know it is apparently meant to be a BB companion rather than replacement. The tablet is "in an early stage of development", not imminent.

We also know that RIM bought QNX, probably the most well-known commercial real time OS. I remember a RIM rep said that they have a 2 year lead time for new products. Any new products introduced today would have been conceived 2 years ago. Hmmm ... RIM bought QNX in April 2009. If, as the article said, the tablet is released the end of this year, that would be just 4 months short of 2 years beyond the QNX purchase. I wonder if that is too quick for a RIM QNX product to get out the door?

In the past, RIM has not encouraged BB developers to look forward to a tablet version of the BlackBerry. It could be that the experimental tablet they are talking about may be an entirely new platform. In other words, don't assume that this tablet is merely a BlackBerry with a big screen.
    John Albert likes this.
    06-15-10 08:27 PM
    I already seen the newest android device in a bus ad, it looks exactly like the iPhone! Except it has 3 bottons on the bottom. Everything else looks the same. It's the moto backflip or something similar.

I can hardly wait to see what the BB tablet looks like. It'll probably be packed with features, run some form of (open?) Linux and be faster than the ipaddie. No reliance on itunes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 09:53 PM
    I already seen the newest android device in a bus ad, it looks exactly like the iPhone! Except it has 3 bottons on the bottom. Everything else looks the same. It's the moto backflip or something similar.

I can hardly wait to see what the BB tablet looks like. It'll probably be packed with features, run some form of (open?) Linux and be faster than the ipaddie. No reliance on itunes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Will BBMo ever make that reported licensed Android tablet?

Good Morning to Wulf since I heard of the whole Grumpy Cat thing also... was it you ? Taste like chicken? ;-)
    05-18-19 06:37 AM
    Will BBMo ever make that reported licensed Android tablet?

Good Morning to Wulf since I heard of the whole Grumpy Cat thing also... was it you ? Taste like chicken? ;-)
    Huh?
    05-18-19 12:56 PM
    Huh?
    A certain BBW mod doesn't like old threads closed. Same commented on grumpy cat.

I thought he would've noticed. I believe mod fell asleep from eating big cat....

It was a reach, I know. I was going on three hours sleep and bored waiting for someone.
    05-18-19 01:04 PM
    A certain BBW mod doesn't like old threads closed. Same commented on grumpy cat.

I thought he would've noticed. I believe mod fell asleep from eating big cat....

It was a reach, I know. I was going on three hours sleep and bored waiting for someone.
    Cats aren't food. Well, at least in places that aren't Florida
    05-18-19 01:29 PM
    Cats aren't food. Well, at least in places that aren't Florida
    In many parts of the USA, many ethnic restaurants would disagree.... LOL
    05-19-19 01:48 PM
    The slider BB and OS 6 news is old, but the tablet news is new. Keep in mind that the article is talking about several things at once.

The tablet however is something else altogether. It may not even be an OS 6 device. We know it is apparently meant to be a BB companion rather than replacement. The tablet is "in an early stage of development", not imminent.

We also know that RIM bought QNX, probably the most well-known commercial real time OS. I remember a RIM rep said that they have a 2 year lead time for new products. Any new products introduced today would have been conceived 2 years ago. Hmmm ... RIM bought QNX in April 2009. If, as the article said, the tablet is released the end of this year, that would be just 4 months short of 2 years beyond the QNX purchase. I wonder if that is too quick for a RIM QNX product to get out the door?

In the past, RIM has not encouraged BB developers to look forward to a tablet version of the BlackBerry. It could be that the experimental tablet they are talking about may be an entirely new platform. In other words, don't assume that this tablet is merely a BlackBerry with a big screen.
    This guy came from the future.
    I hope you still around.
    05-19-19 01:58 PM
    This guy came from the future.
    I hope you still around.
    Terminator starring Michael J Fox is the mashup that comes to mind....
    05-19-19 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD