Here is the Youtube link to get a better understanding of the situation, awesome?

OK - Crackberry will not let me post links until I have 10 posts, I have like 8, LOL. Understandable though.

Anyway, go to YouTube and type in/search: Blackberry Playbook in car's dash

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!...

Need full specs?
    I can get them to you but it is simple if you have the room, also pair it up with your phone (bridge work with 10.3 to the last official play-books release, do not listen to others and also use the browser for virtually free in dash)

ENJOY,
    -CATCH22

BTW: If you do this, please share with us or any other cool tricks and hacks. MOD, if this is in the wrong part, please tranfers or let me know? Sorry about that and Thanks for your effort in helping me find the proper sector..

Now to find a way (no matter how hard) to get 3(!) gigs of ram in MY PB's!
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 04-18-15 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Added bottom text!
    Bacon Munchers and axllebeer like this.
    04-18-15 11:21 PM
    Is this the video you're talking about? -
    04-19-15 04:02 PM
    Yes sir, I must admit - "I" was not the genius to originally think of it but I did indeed do it as you can see it can be done, not so hard either..
    If anybody else does it, please let us know "your way" and what app's etc you use.
    Also, how do you like it?...

-Catch22
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 04-20-15 at 02:51 AM. Reason: added to quick reply.
    04-20-15 02:46 AM
    Hello, I am the author of the youtube clip. If you wanna make this project I am here to help. BTW I posted new video on my channel : blackberry pi working with raspberry pi (openelec) via local wifi network.

Q10-Passport-Q10...
    04-20-15 03:19 AM
    For more information checkout this thread :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1005144

Q10-Passport-Q10...
    04-20-15 03:22 AM
    aurelpascu24, thanks for the idea & link - are you also in a nissan?

"Q10-Passport-Q10.." sounds like me as well except mostly on Q-10 'even still...

Patiently still waiting for a "ZLIDER"....

Sorry, missed that thread "Genius"...
    Going to read it now as much more there.

-Catch

BTW: Going to check out the Pi video...
    PS: I suggest everyone to subscribe to this youtube channel. :P
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 04-21-15 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Added Bottom "PS"
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    04-21-15 05:01 PM
    Dudes.. you are my new best friends!
    - BlackBerry Fan, check
    - Nissan Fan, check
    - Pi-Curious, check

Haha, I'll enjoy reading the topic mentioned above! Thnx

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-21-15 05:18 PM
    Eric sounds like me, thanks buddy, right back at you. Electrician by any chance? HAH!

-CATCH22
    04-21-15 06:47 PM
    aurelpascu24 - in since you really dug into your playbook, when you were messing about inside did you see anyway to find a way to add another gig of ram to the PLAYBOOK, I know we would have to break out our irons but it would be worth it, I would add 4 gigs, if could but lets start with doubling it to two!

Do you see that possible, not asking if feasible - asking if possible!

I like the 1.5 in the lte but I want the 64gb for what I do with it these days so the extra ram on a 64gb would be insane and make up for that and then some, also can run the OS TEN release with no lag!

-Stephen

If you could do that, you could open up a website and charge good money, people would send there BB's to you and you could handle it and ship them back, even load OS 10 onto them as then it could handle it! Can it be done - OPINION?
    04-21-15 07:00 PM
    I'm not sure that just adding RAM would give the PlayBook the ability to run OS10. I think that was just an excuse.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 07:14 PM
    aurelpascu24, thanks for the idea & link - are you also in a nissan?

"Q10-Passport-Q10.." sounds like me as well except mostly on Q-10 'even still...

Patiently still waiting for a "ZLIDER"....

Sorry, missed that thread "Genius"...
    Going to read it now as much more there.

-Catch

BTW: Going to check out the Pi video...
    PS: I suggest everyone to subscribe to this youtube channel. :P
    My car is a renault megane 2 but that's all right since nissan fussion with renault.

Q10-Passport-Q10...
    04-22-15 03:53 AM
    I'm not sure that just adding RAM would give the PlayBook the ability to run OS10. I think that was just an excuse.

Posted via CB10
    You are right. It's not about RAM, it's about os. Os 10 does not have drivers and screen resolution for playbook except os10 dev alpha witch is unstable.

Q10-Passport-Q10...
    mh1983 likes this.
    04-22-15 03:56 AM
    aure, what do you think about this if you ever had battery issues that is, I only read about them!

Lucky me?...

LINK: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-fix-1014754/
    04-22-15 09:47 AM
    Aurel and Catch. Thanks for the walk down memory lane; reminds me of the IASCA competition days!

If you guys were from my generation, you probably would have been one of the guys who modified the Commodore Amiga!

I'll post this thread link around.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 04-27-15 at 12:25 PM.
    aurelpascu24 likes this.
    04-27-15 12:10 PM
    The PlayBook has awesome audio processing and really good speakers and excellent Bluetooth connectivity. For those features alone it is very useful device.

I'm still enjoying my PB's... all 3 are fully functional. One is a dedicated music player with my whole music collection, including music videos, one has all my family & holiday photos and videos, and one has everything else, my Kobo, a bunch of games for visiting kids, etc., all backed up over my home network, plus I have a new one unopened in a box to use as a spare. I still get a laugh thinking about 2011 when Jobs harshed on the PB, saying "who would want a tablet that small" cuz they only had the ipad1 at the time the PB was released, and voila as it turns out he was designing the iPad mini (almost exactly the same size as the PB) at the same time he was saying those words.

"White man speak with forked tongue." LOL

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers and mh1983 like this.
    04-29-15 04:34 AM
    The PlayBook has awesome audio processing and really good speakers and excellent Bluetooth connectivity. For those features alone it is very useful device.

I'm still enjoying my PB's... all 3 are fully functional. One is a dedicated music player with my whole music collection, including music videos, one has all my family & holiday photos and videos, and one has everything else, my Kobo, a bunch of games for visiting kids, etc., all backed up over my home network, plus I have a new one unopened in a box to use as a spare. I still get a laugh thinking about 2011 when Jobs harshed on the PB, saying "who would want a tablet that small" cuz they only had the ipad1 at the time the PB was released, and voila as it turns out he was designing the iPad mini (almost exactly the same size as the PB) at the same time he was saying those words.

"White man speak with forked tongue." LOL

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I still use my PB daily. Syncs nicely to my calendar and email, provides the weather, etc. Mine is parked in my bathroom.

If you end up being a BlackBerry investor, or want to see what is happening with all things BlackBerry, make sure you come by this thread and say hi.

I support BBRY and I buy shares !

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=666490
    04-29-15 01:33 PM