Hey guys,

So as of tomorrow I will be the owner of a BB Playbook 32gb. I had a few questions that I have not been able to find answers for.

1) I have a Bold 9700, using bridge can I navigate my Playbook using the phone's trackpad/mousepad since there is no touch screen?

2) Ok so this is not bridge related, but can I use my playbook (since it supports flash ) to view video on sites like putlocker and novamov? I have some TV shows I keep track of on these sites and thought it would be cool if I could watch it on the BB.

3) This one is just minor, I have noticed in various HDMI demo videos on youtube that the BB screen on TV's gets cut off a little bit(like the digital clock on the home screen), is that just user error and fixable?

Thanks for your help guys.
    05-16-12 06:52 PM
    Congrats on the PB. as for ?1 yes you can use the track pad as mouse pad when bridge.
    And ?3 you can adjust that for HDMI output
    tufcustomer likes this.
    05-16-12 07:04 PM
    Hey guys,

So as of tomorrow I will be the owner of a BB Playbook 32gb. I had a few questions that I have not been able to find answers for.

1) I have a Bold 9700, using bridge can I navigate my Playbook using the phone's trackpad/mousepad since there is no touch screen?

2) Ok so this is not bridge related, but can I use my playbook (since it supports flash ) to view video on sites like putlocker and novamov? I have some TV shows I keep track of on these sites and thought it would be cool if I could watch it on the BB.

3) This one is just minor, I have noticed in various HDMI demo videos on youtube that the BB screen on TV's gets cut off a little bit(like the digital clock on the home screen), is that just user error and fixable?

Thanks for your help guys.
    1) Yes, you can even do the bezel gestures, RIM had a pretty good idea when they implemented those on non touchscreen BlackBerry devices.

2) Yes, I've watched videos that were from television networks that had their content encoded in flash. Just something to note is that the PlayBook does not support silverlight, hence one of the reasons why Netflix using the desktop site doesn't work. As well as be aware some websites will detect you are using a PlayBook and block that content. So in terms of the capabilities, yes it's capable. In terms of the "can I actually do it?" factor, you'd have to test that out.

3) Check your HDMI settings, there's a few ways to display content on a screen when you have it connected, simply go to the homescreen, swipe down, select HDMI from the left hand side menu and fiddle around with the settings

You're welcome
    tufcustomer likes this.
    05-16-12 07:15 PM
    Thanks for the help guys! Appreciate it
    05-16-12 07:21 PM
    A Bold 9700 with the PB 32GB is the exact combination I have.
    05-16-12 07:37 PM
    A Bold 9700 with the PB 32GB is the exact combination I have.
    Oh Nice, how's your experience with the dynamic duo LOL?
    05-16-12 08:03 PM
    Works great together. The Bridged email, contacts, and memopad are my favorite features, along with autotext. I have a lot of shortcuts that I use in emails that are lost if using the native email app.
    05-16-12 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD