I understand your point. If I want a calculator on my phone and the new Blackberry doesn't have it then I would look for a phone that does.
    Do you have Skype on your current phone?
    why so concerned about me??? If I want to use my phone as a car, and if it isn't worth it, I will look for something else. I think now you understood it better....
    11-27-12 08:53 PM
    My theory is that Netflix is like backwards compatibility with game consoles ... its a legitimate selling point at purchase, but gets very little use once the console is home.
    Yep, like the Android player on the PlayBook.
    11-28-12 03:41 AM
    why so concerned about me??? If I want to use my phone as a car, and if it isn't worth it, I will look for something else. I think now you understood it better....
    Did you read my post or just assume something?
    I said that I did understand your point.

The only question I had is; do you have Skype on your current phone?
    11-28-12 04:24 AM
    Did you read my post or just assume something?
    I said that I did understand your point.

The only question I had is; do you have Skype on your current phone?
    Sorry for what i said.... Perhaps, I understood your post differently. I apologize to you. Thanks! atleast someone (among mostly biased) understood my point (if you really did). Back to your question- Yes, i do have SKYPE on my current nokia phone. But the phone itself doesn't have a front cam. I'm looking for a skype capable phone. I was going to buy a new phone. I can hold off untill BB10 launch. But my point is, why should others decide for me, what i need and what i don't need? I never said that RIM will fail if they don't have the app. I just said that they will lose a few customes because of that. And its true, whether people over here admit to it or not. Who cares?
    11-28-12 04:48 AM
    Yep, like the Android player on the PlayBook.
    LOL..! Thats funny, but 100% true. They (not everyone in this forum) will never talk of android player, how pathetic it is. They just know, how to bash others.
    11-28-12 04:53 AM
    You still seem reluctant to believe that I understand your point.

My wife has a Blackberry because I have a Blackberry and we wanted to use PIN messaging. Same idea.
    I didn't get her a Samsung because they can't PIN message with a Blackberry.

I don't think RIM will lose many customers because of the lack of Skype but they may not gain any new ones.
    Every OS has their own thing. BB has BBM, iOS has Facetime...
    11-28-12 05:00 AM
    You still seem reluctant to believe that I understand your point.

My wife has a Blackberry because I have a Blackberry and we wanted to use PIN messaging. Same idea.
    I didn't get her a Samsung because they can't PIN message with a Blackberry.

I don't think RIM will lose many customers because of the lack of Skype but they may not gain any new ones.
    Every OS has their own thing. BB has BBM, iOS has Facetime...
    I just love blackberry products. I have a bold 9930, which i bought to enhance my playbook experience. It never dissappointed me. But i do miss a few apps (on bold as well as playbook) like Skype, Opera Mobile, Dolphin HD (native ones). Out of those, SKYPE is a must have for me. My bottom line is- I am not a RIM hater. I'm quite sure, they will do well with BB10.
    11-28-12 05:17 AM
    I just love blackberry products. I have a bold 9930, which i bought to enhance my playbook experience. It never dissappointed me. But i do miss a few apps (on bold as well as playbook) like Skype, Opera Mobile, Dolphin HD (native ones). Out of those, SKYPE is a must have for me. My bottom line is- I am not a RIM hater. I'm quite sure, they will do well with BB10.
    Ok, Dolphin and Opera will not be native. At least for the time being, they will be Android ported apps. Not sure why you want native? Android apps run just fine on the Playbook as is. And I still find among many others, that the native browser on the playbook is better than Dolphin and opera. Every mobile browser be it blackberry, android or safari has checkerboarding. Go check out youtube and do browser comparisons and you will see that almost every browser does do this. And the Playbook has the highest HTML5 scores out still.
    11-28-12 06:40 AM
    Ok, Dolphin and Opera will not be native. At least for the time being, they will be Android ported apps. Not sure why you want native? Android apps run just fine on the Playbook as is. And I still find among many others, that the native browser on the playbook is better than Dolphin and opera. Every mobile browser be it blackberry, android or safari has checkerboarding. Go check out youtube and do browser comparisons and you will see that almost every browser does do this. And the Playbook has the highest HTML5 scores out still.
    I'm the first one to admit that i really like playbook browser. But it has some serious issues. For an average user, performance matters. Its checkerboards like (most annoyed), it lags on javascript rich pages. Generally it works well. At times, it crashes a lot. It isnt a bad browser by any means. It just could have been better. But hey, are you serious? I have tested Opera Mobile and Dolphin HD on my Sister's Galaxy tab 2. No sign of checkerboards and butter like smoothness. And smocking fast indeed. Thats what i want. But hey, i don't want to start another argument with you. May be, playbook browser is the best for you, but surely not for me. Now, why i want Native apps over ported ones-- it is because, we have two ported apps 'Dolphin 7.2 and Maxthon'. I don't think i need to say, how badly they run (But the apps are not bad). They just crawl like an ant. And i have used native dolphin 7.2 on an android device. I was really satisfied. It was way better. Same goes for Maxthon, Boat.....
    11-28-12 07:37 AM
    Do you use a home theater/stereo system? The playbook only outputs 2 channels via HDMI. I have my PS3 hooked up to my receiver and connected to my 7.1 sound system and select high quality on Netflix and I get DD 5.1 Sound. Where as the Playbook only and will only ever output 2.0 sound. So that doesn't make sense to me.... Take the extra 30 seconds to turn on the PS3 and get the pure 5.1 sound.
    I'd gladly sacrifice 5.1 sound for convenience, also if im at a friend's house or travelling, its way more easier to connect my PB to any HDTV than to carry my PS3 or laptop around, still like i said in my previous post this is not a deal breaker, but i could definitly find some use in having Netflix on a tablet.
    11-29-12 12:26 PM
    no skype on my phone a BB 9730 from Tmobile USA
    12-03-12 08:57 AM
    I think I will switch to a Windows 8 phone and Tablet next year when my phone contract ends in June 2013
    The RT tablet version sounds reasonable priced

While I really like the size of the PB but I am getting tired of the workarounds I have to do to make a Skype call
    I travel with my laptop again, and leave it in the hotel room, during the day I just carry my PB
    The idea is to travel with the tablet only, he most important is my database in Outlook, but my BB 9780 does not have enough space for my 23,000 contacts
    So I sync them with a gmail email account and have it as a native email on my PB, but I can not see the native mail via the bridge, I need WIFI
    Like I said, a lot of workarounds
    at least with MS products I know I have one system
    12-03-12 09:14 AM
    Trying to get back to the topic.
    I understand BB10 is quite close in design and technical base to the PB OS (QNX...).
    Hardware issues aside (battery life, WiFi/GPS sensitivity), I quite like the PB as it is and find its native apps (mail, contacts, browser) pretty mature and well thought off.
    What would be the main driver to upgrade, especially if one looses one's applications purchased through the AppWorld (incl. some nice EA games)? There are a lot of presentation of BB10 compared to the older phones OS, but I am not quite sure what will be radically different on the PlayBook.
    01-21-13 04:42 AM
    The dev alphas look like they are running bb10 fine!!...
    01-21-13 08:25 AM
    I always read that it will be released after launch. They never specified when though. Wish they would have.
    01-22-13 11:17 AM
    I always read that it will be released after launch. They never specified when though. Wish they would have.
    They leaked roadmap shows BB10 to PlayBook between Q1 and Q2.
    01-22-13 11:20 AM
    They leaked roadmap shows BB10 to PlayBook between Q1 and Q2.
    Yeah, I know. There is a lot of time between Q1 and Q2. A specific day or week would have been great.
    01-22-13 11:37 AM
    Maybe they will tell us after the actual launch lol
    01-22-13 11:47 AM
    Noob question: will BB10 on PB be compatible with 6.0/7.0/7.1 smartphones in term of internet sharing and bridge? That's one of the reasons I went for the PB in the first place.

Cheers from Romania,
    Chris.
    02-12-13 02:24 AM
    Noob question: will BB10 on PB be compatible with 6.0/7.0/7.1 smartphones in term of internet sharing and bridge? That's one of the reasons I went for the PB in the first place.
    Most likely, it will not.. since OS6.0 / 7.0 / 7.1 were different platforms... how ironic, but, you bought your PB because of those old mobiles, while me, I bought Z10 because of BB's promises to roll out BB10 in PlayBook...

And both of us has valid reasons... amazing, isn't?
    02-13-13 05:52 AM
70 123