I'm looking for an app that will take videos that were taken on the playbook, and am able to slow them down to frame by frame viewing. I'm using this for coaching baseball, so if there is anyway to draw on the image aswell it would be great.
    Anything will do, but the more gadgets the better.
    Thanks in advance...
    I'm new to the playbook so be patient please.
    04-04-12 01:48 AM
    Others have also asked for this. I am not aware of an app. I don't know if anyone has found an Adroid app that does that.
    04-04-12 08:56 AM
    There is a beta android app linked with the apple app called coach's eye. Also, the developer of Movie SRT Player said in another thread that he was planning on adding a slow video feature to his app. His app looks like it could be close with some small mods, but I am not a developer and really don't know if the mods would be small.
    Last edited by thall2k; 08-08-12 at 09:19 PM.
    08-08-12 09:17 PM
    You would only be able to slow it down to the individual frames, so 30 or 24 fps. Is that sufficient for your needs?
    08-08-12 09:34 PM
    I'm looking for an app that will take videos that were taken on the playbook, and am able to slow them down to frame by frame viewing. I'm using this for coaching baseball, so if there is anyway to draw on the image aswell it would be great.
    Anything will do, but the more gadgets the better.
    Thanks in advance...
    I'm new to the playbook so be patient please.
    It shouldn't be very hard to do at all. In fact, there is an QNX API for the MediaPlayer component that allows for playback in units of 1/1000 of normal speed. So I think what you are asking for is entirely possible and probably quite straight-forward to do (famous last words :-) ...

I think I can have prototype working by tomorrow (maybe :-)... if I do, I'll PM you and you can have a look?

In case anyone is interested in the API that I'm talking about here's the link

Derek.
    Last edited by Bumble2000; 08-09-12 at 12:10 AM.
    thall2k likes this.
    08-09-12 12:08 AM
    As close to frame by frame as possible would work, whatever that is with the least amount of effort. Since I don't know how to do this stuff on my own, I do not feel I can ask for too much.

Like cdn.ball, I am looking for movement analysis (break down of a movement such as an Olympic weightlifting lift, golf swing, runners stride, etc.,). Thanks for your time and effort!
    08-09-12 08:42 AM
    After trying out the QNX media player api, unfortunately, the result is not what I had expected (the playback is very choppy with this api). Will need to dig more deeply. However, not sure if I can dedicate more time right now. Sorry, I thought this would be more straightforward than it now appears to be.
    thall2k likes this.
    08-09-12 09:17 PM
    Thank you for trying it out. I do appreciate it. May be some will work on bringing the beta android app across to the playbook. Thank you.
    08-09-12 09:34 PM
    This is an interesting thread. How much are you guys willing to pay for such an app?
    08-18-12 12:34 PM
    The apple version is 4.99, if there is a playbook version that can do the same that is definitely a fair price, fewer features would have to match a lower price tag.
    08-22-12 05:39 AM
    Has there been any progress here?
    02-24-13 09:38 AM
    I would ask the guys at KelemSoft to add this feature. they are very responsive and have made a great media player app so far
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=749422
    02-24-13 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD