I have a question, hopefully not stupid
    Can I use/bridge my old BB phone that does not have service plan with the Playbook?
    I want to use it as a remote ...
    Thanks in advance!
    02-21-12 11:44 AM
    You have to down load bridge 2.0 need service to get that
    02-21-12 11:45 AM
    ...what if the op uses desktop manager?
    02-21-12 11:52 AM
    You have to down load bridge 2.0 need service to get that
    Not sure about that, there should be a way to load the bridge 2.0 using alx/cod files. But again, imagine I have that installed - can I bridge after that? Unfortunately I do not have the phone with me right now to test that ...
    02-21-12 11:53 AM
    If your phone has wifi, just point the browser to RROYY - APPLICATIONS and you can grab the bridge app from there.

I can confirm that bridge works without BIS as I've been using it all day!
    Last edited by Barljo; 02-21-12 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Caught out by new autocorrect!
    02-21-12 01:16 PM
    If your phone has wifi, just point the browser to RROYY - APPLICATIONS and you can grab the bridge app from there.

I can confirm that bridge works with HIS as I've been using it all day!
    I just tried this on my old service-less 8520, downloading from rroyy.com using WiFi.

Bridge works great---even the remote!
    02-21-12 03:06 PM

I can confirm that bridge works without BIS as I've been using it all day!
    Thanks, Barljo! Will try!
    02-22-12 12:06 PM
    I just tried this on my old service-less 8520, downloading from rroyy.com using WiFi.

Bridge works great---even the remote!

I have an old unlocked curve 9300. I have been struggling with internet on that thing since the day it lost service, it says unable to connect to the Internet please try again later.

Just occurred to me while writing this to take out my old sim card and sure enough it works fine.

Is there a tutorial or list anywhere of which software in which order I should get from rroyy.com?

Thanks for this thread it's been very helpful
    02-22-12 01:16 PM
    Find your phone's OS version, possible Alt-rightshift-H

Then find the Bridge version on rroyy that matches it.
    02-22-12 02:56 PM
    Thanks for your reply. Was simpler than i thought. I just upgraded to OS6 and installed off the rroyy page no trouble at all. Loving the new features!
    02-22-12 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD