when using the blackberry playbook via blackberry bridge..how close does the blackberry phone need to be? can it be used when playbook and phone in different locations?
    11-25-11 08:49 PM
    My experience has been that they need to be somewhat close, say 30 to 40 feet. i've bridged with no problem when they are in different rooms in the house or on different floors of the house.
    KrishanK likes this.
    11-25-11 08:58 PM
    Hi There! Range should be around 30 feet or so, same as with a bluetooth headphone connected to your phone.
    11-25-11 08:59 PM
    My experience has been that they need to be somewhat close, say 30 to 40 feet. i've bridged with no problem when they are in different rooms in the house or on different floors of the house.

Ya beat me to it! I totally agree
    11-25-11 09:00 PM
    so complete different locations is out of the question? is there a 3G version available?
    11-26-11 02:28 AM
    so complete different locations is out of the question? is there a 3G version available?
    as an earlier poster mentioned, its a bluetooth connection (bridge) so it has restrictions on distance between devices...... so it can connect when the PB and BB are in different locations covered by the bluetooth connectivity range, not in two different cities, if thats what you define as different locations.
    There is no 3G version available yet, maybe in the future.....
    KrishanK likes this.
    11-26-11 02:57 AM
    In my nearly century old wood frame house, my phone has tended to reside in my upstairs den while the pb travels around the house and outside (when the weather was favorable) so a range of about 30-40 feet.
    11-26-11 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD