So I stumbled across a nifty little find today at work that I'm not sure if I've seen around the threads before...

Using File Browser from App World you can access the SD card from your BB. Not only can you have the PB play the music files (albeit using the PB's video player and only one at a time...sadly no playlist function yet), but you can Copy and Paste the files onto the PB from your BB through bluetooth. Just have patience and do them one at a time else the PB will lock up from too large a bluetooth file transfer at once.

Very useful for bringing music onto the powerful stereo speakers, or just files in general. Just be aware that you need to open the Bridge connection by opening one of the Bridge apps if the SD function doesn't respond inside the app.

- From the initial File Browser menu Accounts/1000/Shared will give you access to the PB's native storing folders.
    - From the initial File Browser menu BlackBerry/SD Card/BlackBerry will give you access to the BB's native storing folders.

Hope some find this as useful as I did!
    12-28-11 08:31 PM
    It is a niffty way!

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks by clicking on the link below my signature.. this was compiled by the knowledgable posters from this forum.

Enjoy!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    12-28-11 08:36 PM
    Any file manager that can access the /SDCard folder can do that (ours included: swipe down and choose Bridge). However, there are situations where it doesn't work, e.g. if the BES administrator has disabled it or if the SD card is encrypted.
    12-28-11 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD